FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1789272-new-eupgrade-requirements-co-pay-lower-flex-fares.html)

jc94 Oct 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy (Post 28925602)
On AC157 tonight, AP rewards ticket. There is plenty of R space; requested upgrade at T-24 and wait-listed. Why??

Assume you mean the first leg into YYZ? Seem to be 6 unbooked seats, does seem odd unless they are planning to change aircraft.

I don't see you having any issues getting it that said!

capebretonboy Oct 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 28925619)
Assume you mean the first leg into YYZ? Seem to be 6 unbooked seats, does seem odd unless they are planning to change aircraft.

I don't see you having any issues getting it that said!

No, actually last leg out of YYZ to YYC (maybe that has something to do with it...it is coming from YYT? But, yeah, it seems odd....I am still puzzled why the wait list. Thanks for the response.

Jasper2009 Oct 12, 2017 3:24 pm

On AC157 tonight, AP rewards ticket. There is plenty of R space; requested upgrade at T-24 and wait-listed. Why??

If there's R space and the useless IT system hasn't automatically cleared you off the waitlist, just unrequest the upgrade and request it again and you should be cleared instantly. (Or call an agent to deal with it)

canadiancow Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Did you request it through OLCI, or services.aircanada.com/eupgweb/selfservice/eupgrade/ ?

Only the latter will clear you into R space at time of request.

capebretonboy Oct 12, 2017 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28925708)
Did you request it through OLCI, or services.aircanada.com/eupgweb/selfservice/eupgrade/ ?

Only the latter will clear you into R space at time of request.

That was my mistake. I did it through OLCI because at the time I was also in the process of checking in so the self service would not let me do it. I just continued via OLCI. I called an agent and they could not figure it out. I talked to two agents last night. No help.

I can't seem to reverse this and have it clear.

capebretonboy Oct 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Can I cancel my check in, go to self serve, upgrade, and then check back in???

Even after canceling check in, I seem to be stuck in some sort of IT limbo:

http://imgur.com/a/hBuja

Jebby_ca Oct 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy (Post 28925812)
Can I cancel my check in, go to self serve, upgrade, and then check back in???

Even after canceling check in, I seem to be stuck in some sort of IT limbo:

http://imgur.com/a/hBuja

Cancel check-in, request on eupgrade site, and check-in again.

monkai Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 28925913)
Cancel check-in, request on eupgrade site, and check-in again.

I agree - I did this yesterday and cleared a business class upgrade on AC34 YVR-YYZ that I probably would not have cleared at the gate.

jc94 Oct 12, 2017 5:16 pm

I looked at 157 earlier, the YYZ YYC upgrade list was empty ... no-one was waitlisted.

Now shows two people, one passed one waitlisted. I won't post names here in case you don't want that ... though obviously it's viewable for a few hours. And one reminds me of Mr Cow :D

YEG_SE4Life Oct 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 28926022)
I looked at 157 earlier, the YYZ YYC upgrade list was empty ... no-one was waitlisted.

Now shows two people, one passed one waitlisted. I won't post names here in case you don't want that ... though obviously it's viewable for a few hours. And one reminds me of Mr Cow :D

Too funny.

SparseFlyer Oct 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy (Post 28925793)
That was my mistake. I did it through OLCI because at the time I was also in the process of checking in so the self service would not let me do it. I just continued via OLCI. I called an agent and they could not figure it out. I talked to two agents last night. No help.

I can't seem to reverse this and have it clear.

I thought aeroplan eUps was at the airport or OLCI only?

bawm Oct 13, 2017 3:42 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 28926066)
I thought aeroplan eUps was at the airport or OLCI only?

Originally Posted by aircanada.com eUpgrades site
Upgrade request
Aeroplan Classic (X)
Within 1 day

hallwax0r Oct 13, 2017 9:33 am

Can I confirm an upgrade into Premium Economy and then get on the waitlist for Biz class? I don't want to miss the prem econ upgrade if biz class doesnt clear. Any thoughts?

Jasper2009 Oct 13, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by hallwax0r (Post 28928295)
Can I confirm an upgrade into Premium Economy and then get on the waitlist for Biz class? I don't want to miss the prem econ upgrade if biz class doesnt clear. Any thoughts?

I've always been told it's "either or" which is huge PITA.

seegs Oct 16, 2017 6:46 am

Quick question on eupgrades to Hawaii:

1) Is Hawaii considered US or a "Sun Destination"
2) If I'm routing HNL-YVR-YYZ, would the 10 upgrade credits cover the entire journey or would I need to apply both flights separately?

Thanks!