FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1789272-new-eupgrade-requirements-co-pay-lower-flex-fares.html)

moorw003 Apr 11, 17 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28163151)
This is an unintended side effect.

When you book an Aeroplan ticket, the number for the account the miles came out of is added to the FQTR field.

There are all kinds of interesting and stupid issues with this, not the least of which is your inability to upgrade yourself.

Hypothetically though, lets say at T24 availability for upgrade existed between YYT and YVR and I logged on to mums account and upgraded it. Systematically that's allowed as she's E50 (I'm P25) and the itinerary is showing as up-gradable but would that have any effects (again I have no intention of trying). And is there a way of getting the FQTR field changed (by an agent for example) in some way?

canadiancow Apr 11, 17 3:22 pm

Yes, you can get the FQTR field removed and replaced with your number in the FQTV field, but it requires an agent who is knowledgable enough to do it, and willing to.

yyznomad Apr 11, 17 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28163977)
Yes, you can get the FQTR field removed and replaced with your number in the FQTV field, but it requires an agent who is knowledgable enough to do it, and willing to.

You're implying that such an agent exists?

YHZ_Flyer Apr 11, 17 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28164561)

I've only ever encountered one agent willing to do it and that was in YHZ. I was turned away in YYZ and YVR a few times.

canadiancow Apr 11, 17 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28164561)

Yes.

yyznomad Apr 11, 17 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer (Post 28164620)
I've only ever encountered one agent willing to do it and that was in YHZ. I was turned away in YYZ and YVR a few times.

So 1/3 success rate. Not bad I guess.

Did you say the same thing each time? what did you say?

canadiancow Apr 11, 17 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28165656)

"I'm being denied status benefits because my Aeroplan number is not on this PNR. I was told to ask for you to delete the FQTR field, then add my number into the FQTV field."

jc94 Apr 12, 17 8:23 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28165656)

Well one success vs a few fails in other locations leads me to guess it's more like 1/6 ...

moorw003 May 1, 17 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28163977)

I just rang Air Canada, was on hold for 80 minutes. Got an agent who said it wasn't possible. I quoted this exact message from you, and 30 seconds later, BINGO.

She then thanked me for teaching her how to do it. :p

jc94 May 1, 17 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by moorw003 (Post 28254306)
I just rang Air Canada, was on hold for 80 minutes. Got an agent who said it wasn't possible. I quoted this exact message from you, and 30 seconds later, BINGO.

She then thanked me for teaching her how to do it. :p

Good to know FT continues our quest to up-train AC call center staff. Reinforces my suggestion to have the staff browse it. But then, they might stop them doing things they're not supposed too as well :)

hydrogen May 17, 17 7:14 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 28119528)
Lol it's been extended to May 14, 2017 now!

And extended once again to May 31!

yyznomad May 18, 17 9:25 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 28322916)
And extended once again to May 31!

Which year?

ScGhost0 May 31, 17 1:40 pm

Now the e-upgrade from Tango offer is extended until July 31st, 2017. Wonder if this perpetual date change will ever end.

WildcatYXU May 31, 17 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ScGhost0 (Post 28384347)
Now the e-upgrade from Tango offer is extended until July 31st, 2017. Wonder if this perpetual date change will ever end.

I guess they love to collect the co-pay, so the "promo" continues. What's interesting, now I'm even receiving reminders that my flight can be upgraded. But only when I'm booked in Tango.

ScGhost0 Jun 1, 17 8:47 am

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU (Post 28384407)
I guess they love to collect the co-pay, so the "promo" continues. What's interesting, now I'm even receiving reminders that my flight can be upgraded. But only when I'm booked in Tango.

Yeah it seems like it. That being said, I have gotten LMUs for less than the co-pay on my YYZ-YHZ routes so would rather not burn the 6 credits AND the $$. But I am getting the same emails you mention when in Tango.