Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
The whole thing follows from one of the first downgrades, probably before you were born. aircanada.com used to work like any TA site, and they would sell you legs on any airline. Then some marketing genius decided only to quote AC flights and codeshares.

Mind you that probably was over 10, maybe 15 years ago. Has been downhill ever since.
May I ask how old you think I am?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
May I ask how old you think I am?
OK, just a bit of hyperbole. 28? 30?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Trying to do OLCI and I get the new Beta site. Doesn't seem to be very Safari compatible. On check-in screen can't enter any of my details to pull up the booking. Will have to just use the mobile.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:24 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Stranger
Sure. But we are not dealing with the new site getting even worse than the old one, which is really the issue of this thread.

The multicity tool initially assumes the connecting points are stopovers. So it will refuse to handle legs such as ZRH-MAD. Workaround would have been entering SFO-YYZ, then YYZ-MAD and hope that for that leg it would quote through ZRH.

The whole thing follows from one of the first downgrades, probably before you were born. aircanada.com used to work like any TA site, and they would sell you legs on any airline. Then some marketing genius decided only to quote AC flights and codeshares.

Mind you that probably was over 10, maybe 15 years ago. Has been downhill ever since.

For a little while, Lise's baby detestina would still sell you tickets on other airlines.
Or PTO, where booking YOW-YVR-SFO-LAX-CUN-LAX-YVR-YYZ-YOW was a breeze, even with 4 or more stopoevers.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
How to get back to the old website to book a flight?

Hi all

I had an international flight routing that I wanted to book, which showed up on the old website search. However, under the new website search it is no longer showing.

The routing still shows up under Expedia, etc. Just not on the new AC website.

Anyone know how to get back to the old AC website?

I'd like to book the ticket through AC.

Cheers
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Hi all

I had an international flight routing that I wanted to book, which showed up on the old website search. However, under the new website search it is no longer showing.

The routing still shows up under Expedia, etc. Just not on the new AC website.

Anyone know how to get back to the old AC website?

I'd like to book the ticket through AC.

Cheers
Have you tried finding the routing on Google Flights? I've noticed that, if GF gives you the option to book through Air Canada, it takes you back to the old website. However, try to change anything and wang, bang, back to beta.

Edit: too late since you already posted but one non-codeshare and it doesn't work...

Last edited by Marlin240; Aug 17, 2016 at 11:31 pm
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Marlin240
Have you tried finding the routing on Google Flights? I've noticed that, if GF gives you the option to book through Air Canada, it takes you back to the old website. However, try to change anything and wang, bang, back to beta.
The leg I'm looking for has a connection on British Airways.

This BA connection showed up on the old AC site, not the new AC site.

Well when I use Google Flights it only shows Flight Network as an option, not Air Canada.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cooleddie
The leg I'm looking for has a connection on British Airways.

This BA connection showed up on the old AC site, not the new AC site.

Well when I use Google Flights it only shows Flight Network as an option, not Air Canada.

Eddie,
What routing and dates?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:48 am

Booked some flights on Asiana because I couldn't do a multileg booking on the new website yesterday.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Booked some flights on Asiana because I couldn't do a multileg booking on the new website yesterday.
I believe that is an example of what adam.smith was trying to communicate with this thread:

Originally Posted by adam.smith
A person I know, who's well versed in IT and knows AC very well, suggested to me that the biggest reason why the IT continues to suck, despite our 167-page thread on gripes with the AC/AE websites, is that they don't appreciate what it costs them. They look at the cost that it would take to fix problems and see it only as a cost, with no appreciation of the revenue they might be losing by not fixing the problem.

So I thought we should try to quantify it for them.

Does anyone have concrete examples of AC's crappy IT systems costing them money? A ticket you booked with another airline because of problems with the AC website? Have you directed a certain amount of your annual spend to other airlines because you got tired of dealing with the BS at AC/AE? Etc...

"Quantifying what AC's crappy IT costs it"

Quantifying what AC's crappy IT costs it

Last edited by 24left; Aug 18, 2016 at 1:02 am Reason: Add thread title
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by 24left
I believe that is an example of what adam.smith was trying to communicate with this thread:

"Quantifying what AC's crappy IT costs it"

Quantifying what AC's crappy IT costs it

Absolutely agree! AC has a month or two to fix it or I status match elsewhere and take my business elsewhere. So, anyone have suggestions who to status match if I plan on a lot of tpac in 2017?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
You can't get an upgrade unless you booked on aircanada.com. Old website had an option to go around it by entering booking number. New one skips this step completely and tells you to call Air Canada Reservations. Really frustrating!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
You can't get an upgrade unless you booked on aircanada.com. Old website had an option to go around it by entering booking number. New one skips this step completely and tells you to call Air Canada Reservations. Really frustrating!
On the home page, mouse-over "Altitude" in the top right corner, select "Access your eUpgrade account", and you'll be back in familiar territory.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
On the home page, mouse-over "Altitude" in the top right corner, select "Access your eUpgrade account", and you'll be back in familiar territory.
Or just bookmark https://services.aircanada.com/eupgw...vice/eupgrade/

I just start typing "ser" when I want to do an eUpgrade
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
oops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.