Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:03 pm

Anyone book a multicity trip on it?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenHamer
So, working as intended then?
Sadly, you may be right.

What will it take them to fire her?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Stranger
Sadly, you may be right.

What will it take them to fire her?
Soon as they find the negatives...
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:22 pm

Totally unusable as of right now on Chrome. Whenever you enter your locations and dates, then click on 'find', all it does is minimize the box and doesn't actually find seats for you.

IE still works though.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: Horrorplan/Priceline Junkie
To the individual responsible for creating the new Air Canada website, I implore you to get over your Duplo block fetish and downgrade to Legos, please!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by jasdou
Another thing. I am trying to change my meal selection for an upcoming booking. After selecting the meal I want and validating, it brings me back to the home page. When I go in again to check if it worked, for some reason it assigns me some other meal I don't want. All the time. Looks like I will have to call in to select my meal properly.
So I did call in to select my meal. The agent on the phone was a bit amused as she confirmed she was getting tons of calls these days from Elite and Super Elite customers that were experiencing various issues caused by the new website. She did agree with me that the old website was much easier to navigate and use!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
So, working as intended then?
Heh - not a dev for AC. I'd never let something go out with that UX. Just discovered there are multiple points during booking where there is no option to cancel, leaving the session running and the seats in limbo...
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Just how bad is the new AC website? I am booking my next international ticket on CX.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by YYT82
Just how bad is the new AC website? I am booking my next international ticket on CX.
It's hilarious that a website change is actually making you fly CX. Probably not a big loss to AC, customer wise.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
It's hilarious that a website change is actually making you fly CX. Probably not a big loss to AC, customer wise.
Actually it probably is because each customer that leaves eventually takes others with him.
However AC ability on IT has been hopeless for years and management has never cared. Actually management and AC has never cared how bad most things are at AC they still collect bonus.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
LOL, I really tried to give AC the money, but their user-unfriendly beta site made me wonder why I even tried.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:23 am

I had to book a multi city trip, can't do it on the website. If they don't get back to me by the end of the day I am using a different carrier.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Well, since not everyone is willing to blindly give all their love and money to AC, it's likely a bigger collective loss than you think.

If nothing else, it's certainly indicative that AC's corporate culture hasn't changed. Cut costs ruthlessly, and f*ck the passengers. Bonuses come first!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I actually tried to use AC's mobile site. Now coming straight off building two mobile site I know the limitations.. but AC still blows me away at how bad it was. Barely functioning, extreme lag from input.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I had to book a multi city trip, can't do it on the website. If they don't get back to me by the end of the day I am using a different carrier.
What was the issue?

Sure the format of the new site is different, but I would have thought the underlying engine would be the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.