Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Was there yesterday 930am and it was about 40% “full”. Maybe 30 pax there. Breakfast spread was wide (cheese, scrambled eggs, yogurts, cold cuts) but all very cheap looking/tasting. Think Oskar Mayer cold cuts. Lounge itself is really nice and lots of staff running around cleaning, etc.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lsquare
How long was your walk? What do you think of the food compared to UC?
Because of this discussion, I timed it 5 minutes from the Yankee Pier in T3 to the lounge elevator entrance. My prior comments were before I realized where the lounge entrance was. For some reason, I thought the entrance was deeper into T2 in the gate area near the Peets. Even so, I still think only a minority of domestic UA *G passengers will end up using this lounge, unless if the word gets out. Its pretty tucked away by the elevator with no prominent signage at concourse level and in a terminal that doesnt house most of UAs flights.

Id agree with the comment above about the food. There was the usual mix of pastries, bread, yoghurt, and questionable fruit. I suppose the hot section had enough to make a breakfast taco, but those eggs looked like theyd been sitting there a while. They had oatmeal in one of those soup vats, but I didnt take a peek. There were also two Lavazza-type coffee machines (though one didnt appear to be working), a Coke soda fountain, and a sparkling water fountain.

Id be more interested to return in the afternoon and evening to see what that service is like, plus the bar.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by char777; Jun 30, 2023 at 2:58 pm
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by char777
Because of this discussion, I timed it 5 minutes from the Yankee Pier in T3 to the lounge elevator entrance. My prior comments were before I realized where the lounge entrance was. For some reason, I thought the entrance was deeper into T2 in the gate area near the Peets. Even so, I still think only a minority of domestic UA *G passengers will end up using this lounge, unless if the word gets out. Its pretty tucked away by the elevator with no prominent signage at concourse level and in a terminal that doesnt house most of UAs flights.

Id agree with the comment above about the food. There was the usual mix of pastries, bread, yoghurt, and questionable fruit. I suppose the hot section had enough to make a breakfast taco, but those eggs looked like theyd been sitting there a while. They had oatmeal in one of those soup vats, but I didnt take a peek. There were also two Lavazza-type coffee machines (though one didnt appear to be working), a Coke soda fountain, and a sparkling water fountain.

Id be more interested to return in the afternoon and evening to see what that service is like, plus the bar.
I would have had enough time to check it out myself last Wednesday, but UA wasn't exactly clear about how long the flight delay would be. I knew the lounge was opened through this thread and I was at the UC Rotunda. The one hour delay ultimately became two and I never bother to walk over to check it out myself. Ill be back at SFO later this year and ill check it out for myself. Thank you for the info.

Last edited by lsquare; Jun 30, 2023 at 11:42 pm
Old Jun 30, 2023, 11:29 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Because of this discussion, I timed it 5 minutes from the Yankee Pier in T3 to the lounge elevator entrance.
Thanks. My 4 minute estimate was definitely optimistic.

Maybe we AC people should be trying to spread rumours that the food at the SFO MLL is garbage, so the G's won't bother making the trek.
char777 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My UA Gold colleague flying domestic United last night was in luck. He was leaving out of T2. He was impressed.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Ive now been to the lounge twice (once as a regular pax). It is a really impressive space and the nicest MLL AC has built to date IMHO. There are two murals designed by local SF Bay Area artists, and the lounge was designed by Gensler, who has done SFOs recent terminal projects.

The real shining star is the outdoor terrace, especially if youre an AvGeek - it has amazing views of departures from runways 1L/R and good views of arrivals (and some departures) on runways 28L/R (it helps that its next to the ATC tower).

AC also plans to use the SFO lounge as beta test site for new food and beverage options before rolling out to other lounges in the network, so I would stay tuned for that.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Maybe UA *G access is not as much of an issue as we'd think. Yes, UA has a handful of gates in T2, and there's an airside connector to T3, but the bulk of UA domestic flights are in the F11-F20 gates. It's a bit of a walk from there to the MLL. How many people are really going to do that? Some, I'm sure, but perhaps not enough to crowd the lounge. Not all elites are as clued into the FFP rules as we are on here, and I'm sure there are plenty of UA *Gs who don't realize they might get MLL access or even care to exploit that benefit, if they even realize where the MLL is.
Probably wouldn't use if travelling from the F gates (at least assuming I get to SFO at my normal arrival time about 15-30 minutes before boarding). However, I would be more willing to check it out if departing from the E gates, and there's a fair number of flights from there.

It's not that far of a walk from E, and the UC near the E gates is packed each time I've been there, although perhaps the MLL will alleviate some of the crowding there. The last time I tried that UC, I immediately walked out due to lack of seating and went over to the AS lounge instead. The new MLL is an even shorter walk by a few steps.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

"The lounge looks fabulous, but the food is worse than the average trans border MLL" - canadiancalf
vancouver25k and antistan like this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
"The lounge looks fabulous, but the food is worse than the average trans border MLL" - canadiancalf
Ouch
Old Jul 2, 2023, 3:48 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Now that this MLL is open, shouldn't this thread be merged with the general MLL lounge thread?
Old Jul 2, 2023, 8:01 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Now that this MLL is open, shouldn't this thread be merged with the general MLL lounge thread?
And, I guess, the table in the wiki updated. I'd do it, but not sure if the rest of it is entirely accurate.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I visited the new MLL today; breakfast offering was tortilla wrap DIY with bacon, powdered scrambled egg, and a triangular hash brown.

Everything is nice and shiny, corridor leading into the MLL has the new paint smell (which made me a bit light-headed). Hung out in the terrace, and then some suited person told us it was closing in ten minutes for whatever reason. This was at 7:30 am(!).
Old Jul 3, 2023, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I visited the new MLL today; breakfast offering was tortilla wrap DIY with bacon, powdered scrambled egg, and a triangular hash brown.

Everything is nice and shiny, corridor leading into the MLL has the new paint smell (which made me a bit light-headed). Hung out in the terrace, and then some suited person told us it was closing in ten minutes for whatever reason. This was at 7:30 am(!).
A suited person once told me the conference room in YYZ TB was closing because the Prime Minister was coming.

I had a reservation for the room.

I did, in fact, end up in the conference room.

He was just some weird random person in a suit.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I assume this lounge is accessible to one-time guest pass holders?
Old Jul 3, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select

View from the terrace (airport apron activity not shown).
If the mods need to resize the photo, please do so, as I uploaded directly from my phone.
YVR72 and aimango like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.