Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
@canadiancow and I are doing an impromptu do there this afternoon from around 3:30 until 7, if anyone wants to join.
expert7700 and canadiancow like this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:03 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
@canadiancow and I are doing an impromptu do there this afternoon from around 3:30 until 7, if anyone wants to join.
Glad you two got it sorted. Looking forward to reading about the experience.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:07 pm

I got bumped from my YVR-KIX flight today and rerouted tomorrow YVR-SFO-KIX, so I'll get to give it a try if I can access it. I'll be flying UA J from SFO at 1110.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I agree with the calf. The "I'm not trying to impress the press" food is not great. Even if the sliders could be good, the buns are hard. The sandwiches were meh. The chicken was crap compared to even YYZ TB.

I love the lounge. But I'd be happier with "cheap" food.

Every time AC tries to serve a $10 meal while spending $5, it turns out poorly. They need to sum for a $5 meal.

And the bar gun doesn't have Coke Zero, but the fountain does. So that's good.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I got bumped from my YVR-KIX flight today and rerouted tomorrow YVR-SFO-KIX, so I'll get to give it a try if I can access it. I'll be flying UA J from SFO at 1110.
you will have access to check it out, but the Polaris lounge would be a better choice for food and drink, without the benefit of a terrace.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Has anyone had a peek at the showers yet? If the food is bad, I'll keep eating at Cat Cora, but a good shower would let me optimize another 15 minutes away.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:53 am
Original Poster

The showers are nice.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
I wonder if the brown and tan colour scheme of the lounge, which is "warm and inviting, like the Canadian people" -- Nasr, is a hint at what they'll be doing in the aircraft cabins. Nasr indicated a new scheme was coming across all customer-facing products, with the XLRs the first aircraft to feature the new product.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I suspect I'm going to be making a few more YVR trips every year. I usually have a decent reason to head up, but if I can sit on that terrace for 3 hours before my departure, and "unlimited time" on arrival, that's just another reason to make a weekend trip

Sitting out there, listening to ATC, watching the traffic... Especially with a nice glass of wine.

I definitely don't like the food, but otherwise it's a really nice "bar". Just with a high cost of entry.
YVR72, Nitehawk, D582 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:12 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Does the 25K MLL pass work here? It seems to suggest it covers Canadian/US lounges but SFO wasn't explicitly stated

Nevermind, arriving and departing on UA flights anyways so likely won't have AC BP that's stated on terms
Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Now that the lounge has been open a couple of weeks, time to close this thread and direct people to the ongoing MLL experiences and access threads.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.