Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

1. Air Canada would gain gates 73-75 in terminal 3. This would take over all the flights currently in international A.
2. AC would move their check-in to aisle 3, much closer to international G (it's currently right beside A, aisle 11 or 12 or something).
3. MLL (this is dependent on getting all their gates to be accessible airside though).

Can't say I'm displeased with any of those possibilities

Moderator note: 2022 updates begin at this post - Adam Smith, AC Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 21, 2023 at 12:09 am Reason: Add moderator note
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
1. Air Canada would gain gates 73-75 in terminal 3. This would take over all the flights currently in international A.
2. AC would move their check-in to aisle 3, much closer to international G (it's currently right beside A, aisle 11 or 12 or something).
3. MLL (this is dependent on getting all their gates to be accessible airside though).

Better stores in Intl terminal...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence

Is there space for a MLL?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:27 pm

Amex lounge one the better ones, no need for low rent MLL @ SFO

great bar
Preo likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Is there space for a MLL?
I'm not sure where it would go, but I assume they'd figure that out before starting construction.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Makes more sense for AC to be in Terminal 3 as most connections would be via UA domestic, than *A international.

The shops are nice in the international terminal, but I've never been under a desperate need to buy a Gucci handbag just before I board a flight.

If they put an MLL in terminal 3, I wonder if they'll restrict it to Altitude and MLL members. Otherwise it would get overrun with United Club members.

Last edited by yvr76; Dec 12, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Any idea on the timing? We're flying there in Apr/16.

I'm not sure where it would go, but I assume they'd figure that out before starting construction.
Yap, usually they usually won't begin construction before knowing where it should be.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yscleo
Yap, usually they usually won't begin construction before knowing where it should be.
Don't be so sure....this is AC we're talking about.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvr76
Makes more sense for AC to be in Terminal 3 as most connections would be via UA domestic, than *A international.

The shops are nice in the international terminal, but I've never been under a desperate need to buy a Gucci handbag just before I board a flight.

If they put an MLL in terminal 3, I wonder if they'll restrict it to Altitude and MLL members. Otherwise it would get overrun with United Club members.
I assumed any lounge would be in the international terminal.

AC would get paid for every entry though, so why would they care?

Originally Posted by yscleo
Any idea on the timing? We're flying there in Apr/16.
Points 1 and 2 could happen by then, but there's no way they could build a lounge in four months.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence

I have no need to buy overpriced alcohol and perfume onboard but AC seems to think there are buyers for that so I imagine thats why its stays.

I'm sure AC is licking their chops at having the MLL capital and operating costs paid for by UA *G holders. The closest thing you can come to a perpetual money making machine, and then spin as a benefit for Altitude members at SFO.

LH does this successfully at DTW and IAD. US BUF lounge was more profitable than their NYC one thanks to all the AC *G holders covering the cost and then some.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I actually like the int'l terminal. Hadn't flown out of SFO for a while but I was there on Thursday. The lineup was out the door at the UA Club but the SQ lounge was open so I went there. Small space but not crowded at all and pretty good food/drink options.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)

Speak for yourself

Not Gucci, but next store over. I have been flying AC to SFO for the last 20 years and believe me, the Intl terminal setup is the best it's been.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeffypop75
I actually like the int'l terminal. Hadn't flown out of SFO for a while but I was there on Thursday. The lineup was out the door at the UA Club but the SQ lounge was open so I went there. Small space but not crowded at all and pretty good food/drink options.
Nothing would change on the G side. It would just be the flights in A that move over to 3. So the things you like would stay the same
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:52 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Nice changes for #1 and 2 - only did a flight in A once, and have strategically ensures my flights were in A and 3 since then.

I've done YYC flights on UA from gate 70 before, and the only drawback is the loooong walk to G if you want some duty free, as there are no mini/mobile shops like other airports have. It may not be the cheapest, but I have an arrangement with a parking attendant at an airport that exchanges Gin for a same-day parking entry ticket - worth it

As for the MLL, I can absolutely see it being swamped by UA members, but I haven't even stepped into a United Lounge (not even the brand new one) since they opened the Centurion Lounge.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Woot, looking forward to all the changes ^ ^ ^ ^

Freaking check-in desks are WAY too far

Hopefully the new MLL will be near the Centurion lounge so I can gaze out the window and LOOOOOOOOOL silently to myself at all the miserable AC elites crowded out by the UA*Gs

Better food and washroom amenities (mmm love L'Occitane) at the Cent too wahahahahaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.