Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Transport Minister urges airlines to stop separating parents, children

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transport Minister urges airlines to stop separating parents, children

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by WR Cage
Great minds think a like Pitz!!
Did you also read your 5yr old daughter a Fancy Nancy book at bedtime?
Lol, no, but I think corporations should view the young as being future consumers, doing everything they can to engender long-term brand loyalty. Rather than just being another class of customers against which they can apply yet another surcharge.

On ULH's, it could be easily argued that the reduced (ie: 100 lbs less) weight of a kid of that age actually nets the airline a full return of their incremental costs in fuel savings. And no alcohol consumption. What's the 'math', around a pound of fuel to deliver a pound of 'payload' to the destination on the 10+ hour flights?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by WR Cage
parents should be entitled to free transportation on Canadian domestic flights.

Of course this is an absurd proposition, however I propose that this is the unintended consequences of over regulation by the government.
I agree with your contention. FWIW though ( and I'm not sure if it still the same )but when a disabled person requires an attendant that attendant used to travel for free , at least within Canada, so there is some precedent.
That was certainly the case many times when I travelled with my own disabled daughter, who flew 2-3 round trips per year for medical appointments, from when she was 4 up until 20 years of age.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
On my flight right now there is a family of 4 separated (2 parents, 1 child, 1 lap infant). The father is giving a ton of lip and attitude to the FA's and the SD for not seating them ALL together.

The children are all sitting with the mother and switches made to put them in preferred seats.

The father is in the exit row, and he's still griefing and pouting to the crew about not seating them together.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
On my flight right now there is a family of 4 separated (2 parents, 1 child, 1 lap infant). The father is giving a ton of lip and attitude to the FA's and the SD for not seating them ALL together.

The children are all sitting with the mother and switches made to put them in preferred seats.

The father is in the exit row, and he's still griefing and pouting to the crew about not seating them together.

When he takes a breath, ask him if he bought Tango tickets and if he did not pay for specific seats?

Then ask him why he's pestering the FAs. They had nothing to do with this.

Then ask him if I need to come down there (as mom would say)
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
...and deserving of a violent slap upside the head with a really wet fish. A very large cod. Or tuna. Or not-so-smart dolphin.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:22 pm

When he takes a breath, ask him if he bought Tango tickets and if he did not pay for specific seats?

I would ask him that except it may start a fight. And I'm on the last YYZ-YYC flight out tonight, after our earlier delay. And I need to work tomorrow at 8am. So I can't risk being hauled off the plane for instigating.

Well. Looks like he just got his way, and they shuffled more pax around and the whole family is sitting together in preferred seats.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
...and deserving of a violent slap upside the head with a really wet fish. A very large cod. Or tuna. Or not-so-smart dolphin.
Or one of those dophins that likes to hump humans.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Or one of those dophins that likes to hump humans.
Thanks. I just spit my Double Black out of my right nostril.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry

Please don't do any of that. People like the father in question don't know they're total douches and things get it of hand quickly for no reason. Better to just post about it on FT
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
Please don't do any of that. People like the father in question don't know they're total douches and things get it of hand quickly for no reason. Better to just post about it on FT
Wow. I'm surprised "douches" didn't get filtered by the 1920's FT engine.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:29 pm

Well, are finally pushing back now, 30 minutes late.

Thanks for the preflight entertainment, entitled pouty man (edit: not you, the father, for clarity).
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Right, I feel so much better now.

Meanwhile, why hassle the FAs?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wow. I'm surprised "douches" didn't get filtered by the 1920's FT engine.
Lol I've seen it posted quite a bit so I figured it was acceptable. It's fairly accurate in this case

I'm also glad Diabeetus didn't get a 2, 5 and 10 for instigating.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lol I've seen it posted quite a bit so I figured it was acceptable. It's fairly accurate in this case

I'm also glad Diabeetus didn't get a 2, 5 and 10 for instigating.
Yeah, FT's engine is a pure joke.
Diabeetus should've received a game misconduct and a 1-gave suspension.

Oh wait, what are we talking about again? Oh right... cheap-butt parents who pay for Tango and then complain as to why their 20-member family was split up to crew who had nothing to do with the self-righteous RCHHMP drama.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Meanwhile...(apologies if cross-posted):

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...hild-1.3557744

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.