Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Temperature

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Yes, I understand.

All but 1 of the last 12 TPACs + 2 TATL, all on 788s) were perfectly comfortable. I have no idea what the cabin temp was.

I am cold in J on the 767s and on my last A321 from SFO, the front half of Y was in the Ice Age and the back half was shorts-only beach temp.

As I noted upthread, I froze on the E90s in 2A. Twice. In 2 days.

I can understand being a bit warmish or a bit chilled, but the recent so-hot-you-sweat experiences by Dorian and yyznomad are curious.
Then this would be in line with what Nomad and Dorian and I feel. If you were comfortable on the planes, then the rest of us are sweating.

When I was fine, you were cold. I think I finally found a pattern in this thread....no? When the SD turned up the temp, I was sweating. I could feel my entire back sweat. Then I went to the SD and said, this is ridiculous. It's way too hot, and then she turned it down quite a bit. On the E90s, it's easy to change the temp, just gotta know where to do it
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
It's a no win situation. Males want it cooler, Females want it warmer. Asia flights have the most requests for temperature adjustments and we simply comply with Customer requests. Too hot?? Crank it down. Too cold?? Crank it up. Repeat. As has been said before -- 300 Customers come with 300 thermostats. As for me?? I rarely sit down and generate a lot of body heat, and at home through the Winter, my heat is off and my windows are left open. Need I say more??
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Definitely just had the wrapped duvets in J on my recent YYZ/YVR/YYZs (77s), but for sure never got any type of blanket in J on the 320s on the same route.

You just have to ask for them if you're flying narrowbody.

I'm surprised at how many people have complained about AC cabins being too hot (which tens to be a European/Asian airline thing). Whenever I'm on a plane the temp is always set somewhere between 17 and 20 degrees.

Now if you're wearing shorts/flip flops onboard...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Definitely just had the wrapped duvets in J on my recent YYZ/YVR/YYZs (77s), but for sure never got any type of blanket in J on the 320s on the same route.

Large pillows & duvets are the specs for the Transcon product on 767's/777's/787's & A330's. Regular-sized wrapped blankets are available upon request on narrow-bodied aircraft.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is there any reason to not set it low, and if anyone asks for it to be raised, just give them a blanket?

Like... If you turn it up, I'm going to start stripping.

Because I don't want my shirt drenched like yyznomad
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is there any reason to not set it low, and if anyone asks for it to be raised, just give them a blanket?

Like... If you turn it up, I'm going to start stripping.

Because I don't want my shirt drenched like yyznomad
I have slept with no blanket and my shirt totally unbuttoned. They did not seem to notice.

Even so I was still to hot.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger
I have slept with no blanket and my shirt totally unbuttoned. They did not seem to notice.

I always thought Air Canada was a cold airline.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
When I initially saw this thread I thought nothing of it!

I'm sorry for not being more believing. AC848 last night was unbearably hot. What the hell is going on?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
It's a no win situation. Males want it cooler, Females want it warmer. Asia flights have the most requests for temperature adjustments and we simply comply with Customer requests. Too hot?? Crank it down. Too cold?? Crank it up. Repeat. As has been said before -- 300 Customers come with 300 thermostats. As for me?? I rarely sit down and generate a lot of body heat, and at home through the Winter, my heat is off and my windows are left open. Need I say more??
Try and find a middle ground in temperature - no need to go to extremes a la 18 degrees vs 25 degrees.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

A bunch of us need to stage a nopants DO on a TATL.

Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

I'm in.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:21 pm
Suspended

I'm in.
Frick. Guess I gotta change out of my comfy thong. Damn.

And pants in the UK = underwear. So no pants Do. Oh boy. It got hot in here
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

....Like... If you turn it up, I'm going to start stripping.

I'm in.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
...So no pants Do. Oh boy. It got hot in here

Somewhere on the planet, people are reading this and thinking “Wait, Air Canada let’s you fly without pants?"
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Somewhere on the planet, people are reading this and thinking “Wait, Air Canada let’s you fly without pants?"
As long as there are no holes in the lav walls, yes.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:39 pm

As long as there are no holes in the lav walls, yes.
Oh glory...

Or do I mean golly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.