Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Temperature

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:21 pm

So on YYZ-CDG last night, SD came by just after take off and talked to Alttuide members, only 3 of us in J Cabin based on her stops. I asked please keep temperature down, I don't want to be 'one of those guys' and I under stand 20-100 people in plane will want a different temperature. It was just my last flight beginning of August YYC-LHR I woke up in a sweat and it was uncomfortably hot. She immediately said she understood and made sure I found current temperature fine. She checked at end of flight to make sure everything had been to my satisfaction.
Very good flight, excellent service
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:45 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by xLuther
So on YYZ-CDG last night, SD came by just after take off and talked to Alttuide members, only 3 of us in J Cabin based on her stops. I asked please keep temperature down, I don't want to be 'one of those guys' and I under stand 20-100 people in plane will want a different temperature. It was just my last flight beginning of August YYC-LHR I woke up in a sweat and it was uncomfortably hot. She immediately said she understood and made sure I found current temperature fine. She checked at end of flight to make sure everything had been to my satisfaction.
^ Always worth mentioning, this is what I always do and will again tomorrow on AC 015.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by xLuther
But she asked at the END of the flight. Wouldn't that be too late?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
But she asked at the END of the flight. Wouldn't that be too late?
She made it clear during our initial conversation to call if an issue any time during the flight, the end of flight was an overall 'did we do everything/make me happy
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Boarding Boiling Bertie FIN 936 soon. I wore a polo shirt instead of a shirt, vest, and tie this time. When I get to YUL I will change into business attire in the Dom MLL.

If I could go shirtless and pantless on this flight, I would, but I can't, so I won't.

(I'm not a commando kinda guy, so I will have my undies on)
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Saw this on 680 new's twitter account yesterday.
Here's AC looking out for their passengers and their best friends

http://www.680news.com/2015/09/13/vi...ht-to-toronto/
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Great news! Looks good on AC, and particularly the pilot for making that call. ^^
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Boarding Boiling Bertie FIN 936 soon. I wore a polo shirt instead of a shirt, vest, and tie this time. When I get to YUL I will change into business attire in the Dom MLL.

If I could go shirtless and pantless on this flight, I would, but I can't, so I won't.

(I'm not a commando kinda guy, so I will have my undies on)
Despite my one-layer polo shirt and no-blanket, the cabin was still boiling as hell. I didn't feel well.

I am on the later FRA flight ex-YYZ this week and I'm going to try to change it to the earlier ex-YYZ flight.

Boiling Bertie likes it hot. They should rename the Airbus 333 to the Airbus 666.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Despite my one-layer polo shirt and no-blanket, the cabin was still boiling as hell. I didn't feel well.

I am on the later FRA flight ex-YYZ this week and I'm going to try to change it to the earlier ex-YYZ flight.

Boiling Bertie likes it hot. They should rename the Airbus 333 to the Airbus 666.
Did you tell the SD??
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Did you tell the SD??
For the 3,694,603.753th time - no.
Do I have to bug the SD every single time I'm on a hot airplane? I get tired of doing that.

I silently suffered and my solution is to simply avoid the aircraft because I can afford to do so... ok well... sometimes I am constrained with client requirements so there are only certain times and flights that I can choose from. But anyway, how about AC just make a rule and have all cabin temps one degree less at least?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:36 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
But anyway, how about AC just make a rule and have all cabin temps one degree less at least?
^

On my last CX HKG-SIN on Friday, when the ISM (equivalent of SD on AC) came to great me, we chatted a bit and I asked her out of curiosity if there was a cabin temperature rule that CX follows?

Interesting and logical explanation, she told me that CX keeps the temperature at 22-23 during day flights and lowers it at 21 during night flights, where passengers have their duvet blankets.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
But anyway, how about AC just make a rule and have all cabin temps one degree less at least?
i think the problem is the FA are cold beside the exit doors, so they turn up the heat???
I had a Captain take over the "heating" on a UA flight so he could stop the FA's from boiling the passengers.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by why fly
i think the problem is the FA are cold beside the exit doors, so they turn up the heat???
I had a Captain take over the "heating" on a UA flight so he could stop the FA's from boiling the passengers.
This is absurd. FA's usually are warm (ask ACYYZ/SD) as they are busy walking around and serving passengers.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by why fly
I could buy your cold FA theory, it's definitely not beyond the realm of possibilities.

But I always thought the heat was controlled from the cockpit. Is it aircraft-specific maybe? I swear I've overheard FAs tell pax "I've already asked the captain to turn up / turn down the heat"...
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffsim
I could buy your cold FA theory, it's definitely not beyond the realm of possibilities.

But I always thought the heat was controlled from the cockpit. Is it aircraft-specific maybe? I swear I've overheard FAs tell pax "I've already asked the captain to turn up / turn down the heat"...
No, it is not. It is controlled per zone in some cases, but the FA/SD has control for the temperatures. Up front though, the pilot can see the temperature per zone. (at least on the 777)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.