Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Temperature

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Arctic survival gear? I think some exaggeration is present no?
It's not exaggeration.

It's hyperbole.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I agree - err the cabin on the colder side and provide blankets.

It's like overcooking your meat - you can't turn back, but if you undercook it, you still have a chance to tweak it.

Either that, or have ice bucket service on board for those who feel hot. Or AC install showers in J. Or AC provide real wetnaps (no, not those crappy ones in the amenity kit).
If all else fails bring a USB fan onboard. It saves me in times like these. Works well on BR. I've have yet to use it on AC but its in my bag of I need it.

Plus the FAs usually ask me if I'm too hot when they see the fan. At this time I reply "do you think so? If so what's your number? "
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:27 am

Thanks for your concern for thy neighbors. To your last comment though... Why not ask for a blanket? They do have those onboard...
My experience is that they very often do NOT have extra blankets. I flew overnight rouge a short time ago (in J) and the "blankets" on board were what I would describe as oversized napkins.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
If all else fails bring a USB fan onboard. It saves me in times like these. Works well on BR. I've have yet to use it on AC but its in my bag of I need it.

Plus the FAs usually ask me if I'm too hot when they see the fan. At this time I reply "do you think so? If so what's your number? "
You know what - it's because of 333s and select 763s. These are the ones that don't have air vents in J.

All other metal that have air vents in J - I am perfectly fine. This is why I haven't .....ed heavily about temps until now. I just don't fly the 333 much and I am usually on 763s that have vents in J.

(but this doesn't explain why I don't feel hot on the 788 when sitting in the middle section of J where those seats don't have vents)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by After Burner
My experience is that they very often do NOT have extra blankets. I flew overnight rouge a short time ago (in J) and the "blankets" on board were what I would describe as oversized napkins.
I'm surprised. I have never been on a flight where a passenger did not get a real blanket in J without asking. Then again.... Perhaps they rouged the blankets on Rouge
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:34 am

I'm surprised. I have never been on a flight where a passenger did not get a real blanket in J without asking. Then again.... Perhaps they rouged the blankets on Rouge
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember ever getting a "real" blanket on a domestic J flight - say, for example, YYZ-YVR on an A320. By "real" blanket I mean the duvet type thing.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:36 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
As I already stated - I absolutely did speak up because this was my worst flight all time when it comes to temperature. SD apologized and said that she "will try", whatever that meant. The temperature did not change (I did not feel anything).

So based on what you're saying, I must speak up every single time I find the cabin warm?

How about AC or whomever makes the rules up - not make the cabins so warm?

I'm sorry but yesterday was over the top toasty. I've had warm-ish flights but this was absolutely stupid.
Agreed with you, one should not have to ask every time you fly.

This being said, I fly less than you, on average once to twice a month to Asia. But on a 15 hour flight, when the SD comes and great passengers, there are always 2 things that I feel worth mentioning: make sure the Champagne is really cold and the cabin temperature not to warm.

Will see if in 2 weeks my flight to HKG has those issues or not...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember ever getting a "real" blanket on a domestic J flight - say, for example, YYZ-YVR on an A320. By "real" blanket I mean the duvet type thing.
You definitely get one on the PLH flights. (you are entitled to one now given the branding of PLH)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Definitely just had the wrapped duvets in J on my recent YYZ/YVR/YYZs (77s), but for sure never got any type of blanket in J on the 320s on the same route.

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:47 am
Suspended

I find the thinner blankets on the PLHs in the narrowbodies to be sufficient enough for those that use it. I dont see them turning blue but I get your point.

AC...if you are lurking
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Might have been the napkins
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acysb87
Might have been the napkins
With or without button holes.

The button holes will help with some cool air seeping through that hole.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:00 am
Suspended

With or without button holes.

The button holes will help with some cool air seeping through that hole.

Right. Ventilation. LOL
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Right. Ventilation. LOL
It's not a gloryhole hole though.

This whole cab temp thing... Yesterday's woolly mammoth dung experience was not a matter of feeling-ish warm... For frick's sakes I woke up drenched from head to toe.

And no, I did not have a wet dream.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:36 am
Suspended

It's not a gloryhole hole though.

This whole cab temp thing... Yesterday's woolly mammoth dung experience was not a matter of feeling-ish warm... For frick's sakes I woke up drenched from head to toe.

And no, I did not have a wet dream.

Yes, I understand.

All but 1 of the last 12 TPACs + 2 TATL, all on 788s) were perfectly comfortable. I have no idea what the cabin temp was.

I am cold in J on the 767s and on my last A321 from SFO, the front half of Y was in the Ice Age and the back half was shorts-only beach temp.

As I noted upthread, I froze on the E90s in 2A. Twice. In 2 days.

I can understand being a bit warmish or a bit chilled, but the recent so-hot-you-sweat experiences by Dorian and yyznomad are curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.