Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Temperature

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Cabin Temperature

Had my worst ocean crossing in decades on 850 yesterday.

Couldn't sleep at all as the cabin was almost 24c. I asked an FA about it and she said people still had blankets on. In hindsight I wish I'd escalated to the SD.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dorian

Couldn't sleep at all as the cabin was almost 24c. I asked an FA about it and she said people still had blankets on. In hindsight I wish I'd escalated to the SD.
Sorry to hear. I would have definitely escalated it to a SD though. Even on BR they leave it at 22C on flights to and from YYZ. Unacceptable.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:36 am

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:26 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Dorian

This is often a problem for me too (guessing >40% of overnight flights). For me, however, the temperature is almost always too low. I really don't know how this can be solved when one cabin temperature is perfectly comfortable for some and absolute torture for others.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know it was 24c?

By any chance was it an A330? It's anecdotal but any time I've found the cabin to be too warm it's an A330 and too cold on 767s -- especially window seats.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
The temperature in my bedroom at home at night has not been below 25C in weeks.

People use too much AC all the time and are now soft.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:26 am

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:30 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zorn
The temperature in my bedroom at home at night has not been below 25C in weeks.

People use too much AC all the time and are now soft.
The temperature in my bedroom at home at night has not been above 17C in weeks.

People use too much heating all the time and are now soft.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:35 am

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:26 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Stranger
The temperature in my bedroom at home at night has not been above 17C in weeks.

People use too much heating all the time and are now soft.
There's a difference between natural warm ocean air bathed in vegetation of the earth vs. dry air at 30,000-40,000 ft heated by a 10+ year old heater compressed to maintain pressure to keep you alive.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by cooleddie
There's a difference between natural warm ocean air bathed in vegetation of the earth vs. dry air at 30,000-40,000 ft heated by a 10+ year old heater compressed to maintain pressure to keep you alive.
The age of the heater makes a difference?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by After Burner
This is often a problem for me too (guessing >40% of overnight flights). For me, however, the temperature is almost always too low. I really don't know how this can be solved when one cabin temperature is perfectly comfortable for some and absolute torture for others.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know it was 24c?

By any chance was it an A330? It's anecdotal but any time I've found the cabin to be too warm it's an A330 and too cold on 767s -- especially window seats.
Put on more clothes? Get another blanket? Ask for a warm beverage? Vodka?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cooleddie
First, high altitude air needs to be compressed. After that, whether it needed to be heated or cooled is not immediately obvious. May well actually depend upon the flight altitude.

Anyway, the big deal is compressing, not heating or cooling which will be relatively minor.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I dislike cross-ocean flights where the cabin is too warm. That is one of the major reasons that I generally avoid Asian carriers across the Pacific.

AC usually has it right in this area...though as Dorian experienced, not always...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I think if you are too cold that can be solved to a great extent with more clothes and blankets. If you are too hot, not much you can do other than the clothes come off and that's not something I want to see at 30000 feet. So my vote is with the cold is better group.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vernonc
I think if you are too cold that can be solved to a great extent with more clothes and blankets. If you are too hot, not much you can do other than the clothes come off and that's not something I want to see at 30000 feet. So my vote is with the cold is better group.
+ as much as I possibly can + myself. I've been on flights on AC when someone complains it's too cold and even the SD goes, I find it warm on here. It's easy for me to convince the SD to turn it down for this very reason. I just go up and privately let them know that I find it too warm. Then when the SD walks back to the cabin, I turn it down some more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.