Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC 50K E, A3 Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by adamflies
Bit of a mystery today on AC16 HKG>YYZ. Woman in my row was associated with some sort of celebrity, as all the FAs came over to fawn over her, saying things like "you must be visiting your son." She mentioned she lived in Hong Kong half the year.

My upgrade didn't clear for J, so both of us were sitting in economy. As the flight progressed, the FAs kept coming by with extra food from J, blankets, etc. for her. Maybe I was just grumpy and perhaps I was a bit jealous, but I was annoyed at the special treatment she was getting vs. the rest of us back there.

Still don't know who she was.

Adam
probably a friend of the flight attendants
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:33 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by adamflies
My upgrade didn't clear for J, so both of us were sitting in economy. As the flight progressed, the FAs kept coming by with extra food from J, blankets, etc. for her. Maybe I was just grumpy and perhaps I was a bit jealous, but I was annoyed at the special treatment she was getting vs. the rest of us back there.
Bring a box of chocolates for the crew, and you can get the fancy treatment too. :P Last Candy for the Crew week, even though I was in Y, I got the champagne and some good (well, ok, decent) scotch.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: AC Elite (finally), SPG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Meatloaf

Meatloaf was in J on June 30 ORD to YYZ AC 510. Woman sitting behind me in Y also had a picture of Hulk Hogan at ORD that afternoon.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by sharc
Meatloaf was in J on June 30 ORD to YYZ AC 510.
He was headed to a play a concert in Charlottetown.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Will and Kate is in Alberta.. any sightings?

My wife wants us to get up early for the parade to see them at the Calgary Stampede Parade? Worth it?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:19 am

They won't be on AC.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Will and Kate [are] in Alberta.. any sightings?

My wife wants us to get up early for the parade to see them at the Calgary Stampede Parade? Worth it?
I saw them on Parliament Hill on Canada Day. It was a remarkably festive and upbeat mood in the incredibly huge crowd. Canada Day in YOW is generally quite fun but there was something special in the air this time around.

I suspect their presence at Stampede will lend that special feeling again. Even if you're not a Royal Watcher (I'm not) I think the atmosphere will be a little more upbeat than usual.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by tracon
They won't be on AC.
Nope, but all the journalists will be. I flew out of YYG on Sunday when the media were all trying to leave. I don't think the check-in staff knew what hit them. "You want to check 22 items?. The lucky journalists were on the Jazz charter direct to YZF.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by miramshan
Nope, but all the journalists will be. I flew out of YYG on Sunday when the media were all trying to leave. I don't think the check-in staff knew what hit them. "You want to check 22 items?. The lucky journalists were on the Jazz charter direct to YZF.
Aha, that explains why some press reports mentioned their fuel stop en route to YZF.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
They won't be in the parade, their motorcade will do the route in reverse before the parade, ending up at the starting point to launch the parade and they they go to their next event.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RCyyz
I saw them on Parliament Hill on Canada Day. It was a remarkably festive and upbeat mood in the incredibly huge crowd. Canada Day in YOW is generally quite fun but there was something special in the air this time around.

I suspect their presence at Stampede will lend that special feeling again. Even if you're not a Royal Watcher (I'm not) I think the atmosphere will be a little more upbeat than usual.
Originally Posted by Jagboi
They won't be in the parade, their motorcade will do the route in reverse before the parade, ending up at the starting point to launch the parade and they they go to their next event.
Thanks for the updates!

With all of the hoopla.. and free wristbands now going for $500..

I told my wife just watch the Royals from our 65" plasma in surround sound..

Its like being there..
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I just realized that I've met so many Canadian celebrities I've lost count, but none of them have been at airports. Dare I post them here?

A large portion of them were in YYZ, but most of them elsewhere.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:24 am
Suspended

Friend of mine went down to the parade to see Will and Kate..

a bit of a dissapointment for him and his family, as he only saw Will's face for a moment through a window..
Old Jul 11, 2011, 3:49 pm

Not sure if this is appropriate for this "Canadian" thread or not (as I've never posted in this thread before). Gene Simmons is currently in the YUL transborder lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Bare Naked Ladies....

...in the DOM MLL at YYZ 10:30 this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.