Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tangoer
Michaëlle Jean represents and works for the multi-billionaire elite royal familes overseas, not for us. She is the Queen's representive in Canada. She does not represent our interests in any way shape or form. Carry on though.
Is this a fruit of the vine post?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: 50K
Michaëlle Jean represents and works for the multi-billionaire elite royal familes overseas, not for us. She is the Queen's representive in Canada. She does not represent our interests in any way shape or form. Carry on though.
You may not be aware but Ms. Jean is no longer Governor General and now works as the special representative for the UN to Haiti. I also think she was fine GG who did represent Canada well in her role.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: AC
Your right, but only because she is no longer our GG. Your comment shows me that you have never met her, because if you had, you would have seen how compassionate, caring and hard working she actually is. But, as usual, its just easier to make bad comments about someone than it is to actually see the good they did for Canada. Not to mention now that she works on behalf of the UN and charities in support of Haiti.

Yup, an all around bad person representing those billionaires in Haiti!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Originally Posted by scapaflow
You may not be aware but Ms. Jean is no longer Governor General and now works as the special representative for the UN to Haiti. I also think she was fine GG who did represent Canada well in her role.
Ah Haiti...the country now under US military occupation (add to their list of occupied countires), a continued haven for drug and human trafficing. The country is firmly in the clutch of the elites. What has changed there since the occupation? Besides a total news blackout.
What happened to the billions we sent over there? What is the US military doing? Caring for the poor, & planting flowers, or guarding the elites' compounds and plantations and ensuring the flow of capital, drugs, and goods out of the country continues?

A fine GG? Can you name one accomplishment of hers? What about in Haiti?
Like I said, she works for the Elite, not for the little people like us. Sorry to burst your bubble. They do not work for us. The UN has also trashed africa for the resource companies. While these facts may be beyond the scope of this celebrity thread, it just goes to show that one should not worship false idols as the saying goes...

Last edited by Tangoer; Apr 2, 2011 at 10:10 am
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:52 am

Ah Haiti...the country now under US military occupation (add to their list of occupied countires), a continued haven for drug and human trafficing. The country is firmly in the clutch of the elites. What has changed there since the occupation? Besides a total news blackout.
What happened to the billions we sent over there? What is the US military doing? Caring for the poor, & planting flowers, or guarding the elites' compounds and plantations and ensuring the flow of capital, drugs, and goods out of the country continues.
US military "occupation"? News backout? Capital, drugs and goods "flowing" out of the country?

What on earth are you talking about?

This post makes even less sense than your first.

Cheers,
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Flews
US military "occupation"? News backout? Capital, drugs and goods "flowing" out of the country?

What on earth are you talking about?

This post makes even less sense than your first.

Cheers,
My thoughts exactly.

Firstly, I dont think there are any goods in Haiti, at least not any that people outside of Haiti would really want. And the military occupation is just right out to lunch.

And well, the elites comment he goes on about would confuse most at the best of times I think. Perhaps he was drinking a bit from the "wrong cup".
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:36 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Have to break the Jean-bashing thread somehow....

Mike Harris, T1 Intl MLL, now.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYM
Have to break the Jean-bashing thread somehow....

Who?

Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by SYM
The former Ontario premier or the former champion curler?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Cool

Um I think you're a few months behind...

The Queen's representative for Canada, affectionately known as the Governor General is presently, His Excellency the Right Honourable David Lloyd Johnston CC, CMM, COM, CD, FRSC(hon).

The former Governor General, The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean CC, CMM, COM, CD, FRCPSC(hon), left office October 1, 2010.

But, Carry on though.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NAJetSet
Um I think you're a few months behind...

The Queen's representative for Canada, affectionately known as the Governor General is presently, His Excellency the Right Honourable David Lloyd Johnston CC, CMM, COM, CD, FRSC(hon).

The former Governor General, The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean CC, CMM, COM, CD, FRCPSC(hon), left office October 1, 2010.

But, Carry on though.
But what's the alphabet soup?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC*E
YYZ Domestic MLL

Admiral Pike himself (aka Bruce Greenwood) hanging out at the chip island. Kept the fanboy in me in check and left his anonymity intact.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Brett Wilson (formerly of Dragon's Den) in YYC MLL....dressed sort of like a hobo, no doubt in clothes that cost more than my car.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
AC002 NRT-YYZ i should be so lucky lucky lucky

KYLIE MINOGUE apl26th AC0002 in executive First(sic) its an ok biz product mrs n I upgraded Lucky lucky lucky .
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by thaidai
KYLIE MINOGUE apl26th AC0002 in executive First(sic) its an ok biz product mrs n I upgraded Lucky lucky lucky .
I am officially jealous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.