Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Special Meals Thread (2015-2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Special Meals Thread (2015-2020)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Special meal request showing on reservation on line, did not print on flight manifest

Return flight YYC-YYZ, upgrade cleared on both legs well in advance of 72 hours. Ordered AVML. No problem on YYC-YYZ outbound. Flew YYZ-YYC return last night; AVML did not show on the flight manifest (and was not boarded). Since the SD made me aware of this while we were still parked at the gate, I went online to the AC site to check my reservation ... sure enough, it was showing as special meal request AVML. Any idea why the notation didn't make it to the flight manifest?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by catgirl
Return flight YYC-YYZ, upgrade cleared on both legs well in advance of 72 hours. Ordered AVML. No problem on YYC-YYZ outbound. Flew YYZ-YYC return last night; AVML did not show on the flight manifest (and was not boarded). Since the SD made me aware of this while we were still parked at the gate, I went online to the AC site to check my reservation ... sure enough, it was showing as special meal request AVML. Any idea why the notation didn't make it to the flight manifest?
Pick any number of issues, who really knows. This is a regular occurrence for me.

I'd say off all the times my AVML is not boarded, it's 50/50 between being on the PIL and catering not boarding the meal or the request just is not listed on the PIL to start off with.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by catgirl
Not sure if you did this, but get (as MG pointed out to me) the green form.

It'll entitle you to a discount, either 5 or 10% off base fare. I just got one for defective IFE, and while it didn't work, Ben helped out and got me a working code.

If you didn't, contact AC, they'll sort you out with a discount
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Not sure if you did this, but get (as MG pointed out to me) the green form.

It'll entitle you to a discount, either 5 or 10% off base fare. I just got one for defective IFE, and while it didn't work, Ben helped out and got me a working code.

If you didn't, contact AC, they'll sort you out with a discount
The green form explicitly states something like "special meal not loaded when indicated on the manifest".

If it's not on the manifest, the SD has no way of knowing whether you ordered one or not.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The green form explicitly states something like "special meal not loaded when indicated on the manifest".

If it's not on the manifest, the SD has no way of knowing whether you ordered one or not.
Thanks SAP and CC. I did in fact request that the green form be completed. The SD marked off "meal shortage" in identifying the issues since I gathered he couldn't mark off SPML not loaded (since it wasn't listed on his manifest). Well I'm glad to know (in a twisted sort of way) that this is routine but without any reason. I thought it might have been something I did incorrectly when placing the meal request or elsewhere during the process.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I'll try to post the photo up later, but PLEASE do not order the NLML right now on TB.

It was a rice on the left with corn, and half a chicken breast, sliced on the right. It was the MOST HORRIFIC AC MEAL I've had in my life.

I'll post a photo of it later, and i'll post a VOML meal on Thursday. But golly gee, avoid the NLML right now like the plague.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's always important getting to the bottom of such issues. I always ask for any printed itineraries/documentation for further investigation. In most cases it was improperly or not ordered at all, a change of flights within the 24 hour time frame (or last minute standby) has occurred, Customer has put in a request that does not conform to the established list of SPML's etc. In any event, I document the information and ensure that any downline flights are corrected accordingly at the next point of landing.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
It was a rice on the left with corn, and half a chicken breast, sliced on the right. It was the MOST HORRIFIC AC MEAL I've had in my life.

I'll post a photo of it later, and i'll post a VOML meal on Thursday. But golly gee, avoid the NLML right now like the plague.
Sorry for the delay. Here's the NLML I had which was atrocious.

The VOML is the same damn chickpea curry thing If you enter the entirety of the salt and pepper than it's OK.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: *$ Green
I'm thinking of ordering a bunch of SPMLs for my upcoming trips, just for ..... and giggles.

Taking suggestions.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I'm thinking of ordering a bunch of SPMLs for my upcoming trips, just for ..... and giggles.

Taking suggestions.
CHML definitely. VOML and NLML are sometimes the same, sometimes they are not. GLML is usually the same as the NLML, and I think ACYYZ/SD confirmed it.

Try the baby meal, that would be fun Or the liquid meal was it?

Some on here like the AVML as well and it has less salt in it apparently.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: *$ Green
Ok, no child meal/baby meal/liquid meal/anything of the kind lol

Gluten free stuff etc, meh, I feel like those restrictions would equal uninspiring dishes as allergens become the priority.

I was thinking more along the lines of Kosher, Hindu, and Muslim meals. Probably an AVML somewhere in there too.

I looked for the aforementioned "girlfriend meal" but couldn't find it
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Ok, no child meal/baby meal/liquid meal/anything of the kind lol

Gluten free stuff etc, meh, I feel like those restrictions would equal uninspiring dishes as allergens become the priority.

I was thinking more along the lines of Kosher, Hindu, and Muslim meals. Probably an AVML somewhere in there too.

I looked for the aforementioned "girlfriend meal" but couldn't find it
The girlfriend meal is where you steal a few bites from your neighbors plate
Old Dec 5, 2015, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No, the child meal is actually pretty decent. Aside from the main, which was bland. But I'm willing to try it again.

Just need to find an agent willing to add it to an existing reservation for me
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Can someone kindly advise if the NLML for breakfast on N. American domestic routes is still the omelet?

Thank you.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

VOML YYZ YOW. Suffice it to say, I did not eat it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.