Bonaventure - 100k~
travelgirl_SE (travelgirl)
supremekai
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings - Fourth Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
I think yvrgary is looking for the one from last year with DC and Cow at the top.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
^ penguin speaks the truth.

Trying to decide just how much I want to turn the summer series of YVR-YYZs into YVR-YYC-YEG-YQR-YWG-YYZs...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I think yvrgary is looking for the one from last year with DC and Cow at the top.
I had access to the 2014 page briefly as I had saved it, and now it just links to 2015

Perhaps those with better skills can find it
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC:50K
Looks like the SCL-EZE loophole is still there... if you live in SCL you can get 7000 wings/day five days per week for $440 each time.

Or you could leave YYZ on a Thursday evening, fly YYZ-(Thursday night on flight)-SCL-EZE-SCL (Friday night in SCL) SCL-EZE-SCL (Saturday night in SCL) SCL-EZE-SCL (Sunday night in SCL) SCL-EZE-SCL-(Monday night on flght)-YYZ and get home on Tuesday morning. Costs about $3500, but gets you 10 SCL badges, 8 EZE badges, and 8 Dulce de Leche badges, for a total of 29500 wings.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cperciva
Looks like the SCL-EZE loophole is still there... if you live in SCL you can get 7000 wings/day five days per week for $440 each time.

Or you could leave YYZ on a Thursday evening, fly YYZ-(Thursday night on flight)-SCL-EZE-SCL (Friday night in SCL) SCL-EZE-SCL (Saturday night in SCL) SCL-EZE-SCL (Sunday night in SCL) SCL-EZE-SCL-(Monday night on flght)-YYZ and get home on Tuesday morning. Costs about $3500, but gets you 10 SCL badges, 8 EZE badges, and 8 Dulce de Leche badges, for a total of 29500 wings.
I feel so inadequate.
--
13F
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
I feel so inadequate.
Hey, I'm not saying that this is something I would do. And I didn't notice anyone doing this last time around either (at least, not enough times to get them into the top levels of the leaderboard).

I mentioned it mainly in case it proved to be competitive against whatever itinerary CanadianCow's laptop spits out.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: *$ Green
What if the whole point of EYW was to help AC close fare pricing loopholes!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I gotta ask for those that do this EYW thing, is it because you enjoy flying or because of the miles? all 750,000 of them...
Both

Thank goodness my employer gives out unlimited vac. Gonna have so much fun with the cow on this
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cperciva

The YYZ option is less optimal in both time and cost than the route I did last year.

If you can just do SCL-EZE and back all day, every day, then that does seem like a reasonable wings per dollar ratio, but not wings per days.

If I want to take a week off and win the contest, I can only get 63k wings in 9 days (two weekends and the week between) by doing that, whereas it should be possible to get twice that with other routes.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: *$ Green
So I guess this is what the unlimited flight passes were designed for? lol
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
So I guess this is what the unlimited flight passes were designed for? lol
No, they're not eligible.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The YYZ option is less optimal in both time and cost than the route I did last year.

If you can just do SCL-EZE and back all day, every day, then that does seem like a reasonable wings per dollar ratio, but not wings per days.

If I want to take a week off and win the contest, I can only get 63k wings in 9 days (two weekends and the week between) by doing that, whereas it should be possible to get twice that with other routes.
Yeah, I didn't think you would take the option of starting in YYZ. But you could fly SFO-IAH-SCL on UA to position yourself for four SCL-EZE round trips on AC before flying back SCL-IAH-SFO on UA again. Given that this would be across a weekend, this might be a better rate of wings per missed work day than you can get by taking a whole week off work.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA*P / Nexus / Marriot*G/ Hertz Gold/HH*G
I signed up but most of my flights are with AA now
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Am I right in saying that by signing up since we have status that 500 wings = 500 AE miles?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:47 pm

Am I right in saying that by signing up since we have status that 500 wings = 500 AE miles?
Asymptotically, yes. But there's a 2000 wing quantization.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.