Bonaventure - 100k~
travelgirl_SE (travelgirl)
supremekai
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings - Fourth Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cperciva
Asymptotically, yes. But there's a 2000 wing quantization.
Huh? You mean like a 2000 minimum?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
For every 2000 wings you earn, you get 2000 Aeroplan miles.

So if you earn 1999 wings, you get nothing. If you earn 3999 wings, you get 2000 miles.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
For every 2000 wings you earn, you get 2000 Aeroplan miles.

So if you earn 1999 wings, you get nothing. If you earn 3999 wings, you get 2000 miles.
I see. Thank you. ^
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE
hmm I need some flying to requalify for next year anyway... so I'm in! Not the best timing but I'll have to make some travel work in that window.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SE
Finally got the e-mail at 8:46 PM Mountain time.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yeah. Same here. 10.45PM means being almost a full day behind the cow
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Yeah. Same here. 10.45PM means being almost a full day behind the cow
I haven't received an email yet, for the record.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I've never really caught on to EYW but I am really interested to know how you guys fit in all that flying around regular work related activities?! Especially for badges that have nothing to do with your actual regular flying patterns... this is where I see you guys as the real pros!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC:50K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I am really interested to know how you guys fit in all that flying around regular work related activities?!
... says the person who flies 400,000 AQM/year...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Why does AC keep running EYW? What do they get out of it?

Sure, I go and spend money to play, but most people probably just fly their normal routes, racking up free bonus miles.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Sure, I go and spend money to play, but most people probably just fly their normal routes, racking up free bonus miles.
I've been asking this question the whole day. I have no idea. If you're going to fly anyway....this just seems like added cost for AC
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC:50K
I think last time this question came up the consensus was that it helped to push people into flying AC rather than other *A carriers. That may be less important now that the AC-metal minimum for status has been bumped up though.

But given the amount of attention it gets this is an insanely cheap promotion for them to run -- I think it came in around 20M aeroplan miles last time, which is somewhere around the fully-loaded cost of one full-time marketing employee.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cperciva
which is somewhere around the fully-loaded cost of one full-time marketing employee.
This program costs $130,000? That stuns me it costs that much. (ok maybe my # is a bit inflated because the IT industry pay is nuts (to someone on the outside who doesn't understand what it requires), but I have no idea what a marketing role in the non IT industry pays)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Was the same requirement during the last promotion?

"New bookings made between April 20 and May 31, 2015, at 19:59 Eastern Time, for travel between April 20, and July 12, 2015, will be eligible for this Promotion. Any booking made prior to April 20, 2015, regardless of travel date, will not be eligible. In order to qualify as a new booking, the booking must have been created for the first time with a new booking reference number during the eligible booking period of the Promotion. Any booking made prior to the start of the Promotion travel period that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the Promotion travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the Promotion."

Most of my May and June flights are already booked!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Was the same requirement during the last promotion?

"New bookings made between April 20 and May 31, 2015, at 19:59 Eastern Time, for travel between April 20, and July 12, 2015, will be eligible for this Promotion. Any booking made prior to April 20, 2015, regardless of travel date, will not be eligible. In order to qualify as a new booking, the booking must have been created for the first time with a new booking reference number during the eligible booking period of the Promotion. Any booking made prior to the start of the Promotion travel period that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the Promotion travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the Promotion."

Most of my May and June flights are already booked!
Isn't it like this for all AC promotions? I'm pretty sure last EYW was the same thing as I remember having one of these faces when I got the email...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.