Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YQ waiver is going to be fun...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: SE, tdaero, amexaero
It works!!! So far price is what i had figured.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Yes it works! The Carrier Surchage no longer appears in the line items.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
We are.

Not sure where this is coming from. I've said before I can't disclose the details of the often complex and unique tripartite agreements, but I will say it's not as simple as this.
It comes from the fact that we all know AC will find any way to scam their passengers... Hiding behind BS agreements and Putting customers between Aeroplan and AirCanada never land is getting old.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bug - Children tickets not removing YQ

Just tried a booking for over the summer (YOW-GVA in J). When you try 1 adult, 1 children - THE YQ is removed for the adult passenger, but still shows for the children. Changed the same search to two adults and the YQ is entirely removed.

All in, nice to see a ticket that used to cost about $1000 go down to roughly $100
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:33 am
alc

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Just tried a booking for over the summer (YOW-GVA in J). When you try 1 adult, 1 children - THE YQ is removed for the adult passenger, but still shows for the children. Changed the same search to two adults and the YQ is entirely removed.
I just did a search for my flight for my family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child) and the YQ do disappear. But I am only E50K, so, not sure if this bug you saw only on Int'l flights for SE.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:36 am
alc

Originally Posted by alc
Actually, the way I read it had always make me think it need to be an all AC metals booking. It will see (and hope) if I am wrong where it is any YQ from the AC metals will be removed.
I am happy that I did read it wrong - the YQ did remove when I select a UA+AC route.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF

All in, nice to see a ticket that used to cost about $1000 go down to roughly $100
I am having the same issue. When I enter my three kids as adults on international routes, the YQ disappears but if I leave them as kids, the YQ remains. I'm sure that will be fixed soon enough.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Unrelated, but has anyone else noticed the "You must be part of this booking" thing when you hit book?

Is that just for IKK? I can't book a flight for a family member on IKK if I'm not travelling?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm new to 100k

BTW how much more reasonable are these prices now?!!

Last edited by drvannostren; Mar 1, 2015 at 8:15 am
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Unrelated, but has anyone else noticed the "You must be part of this booking" thing when you hit book?

Is that just for IKK? I can't book a flight for a family member on IKK if I'm not travelling?

I received that warning on a test booking yesterday (one of the above images I posted).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren

*sigh*

Air Canada Priority rewards

Priority Reward reservations are available to both you and your traveling companions, when you are both part of the same reward reservation. Additionally, this privilege can be extended to other travelers, whether you are traveling with them or not.

However, note that for international* itineraries booked in Business Class, your Privilege may only be extended to immediate family members** when you are not traveling with them on the same flight reward reservation. In order to designate your immediate family members, as well as to book a Priority Reward on their behalf, you must call the Aeroplan Contact Centre. Please note that your list of designated family members may only be provided once during the course of your benefit year.

Additionally, when you hold a purchased ticket booked in Business Class (J, C, D, Z or P booking classes), this Privilege can be extended to any other travelers as long as they travel with you on the same date on at least one international flight operated by Air Canada. This is not valid with purchased Economy Class tickets that are upgraded. These Priority Reward reservations must be completed through the Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:34 am

*sigh*

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:47 am

Anyone else getting the "the requested itinerary not available" when you actually go to book?

Got the error when trying to book an INTL priority award at Christmas AC/AV mix.

AC only part priority YVR-EWR return, got all the way to the credit card page, so no issues. No error booking YVR-BOG all J, so far it seems the issue might be the mixed booking classes as whenever I add MDE its a Y flight.

Edit: After trying 6-7 times, I decided to call. The agent wanted to charge me the $30 fee or transfer me to tech support, so I thought once he notices it's a tech problem they'll skip the fee. Nope. Tech support is aware of the issue but has no timeframe on fixing it. They've also been told the fee will apply to anyone needing to get around it. So he said to either pay the fee, or "try again in a week or two and hopefully by then it'll be fixed". Brilliant. In a game where availability can change in a minute that response really sucks. Oh well, hopefully the seats don't get taken cuz there's just no reason to pay $30 to book such a simple itinerary online.

So it's more specific than just mixed booking, because AC/LH J/Y was fine, but AC/AV J/Y still gives me the error...can't figure this one out. All Y on this route errors out too

Last edited by drvannostren; Mar 1, 2015 at 10:01 am
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
YQ with Children - issue

There is a notice posted in the "News" tab on your Altitude page that includes the following:

"If you are an Air Canada Altitude member making an eligible ClassicFlight Reward booking which includes a child, please note that due to technical difficulties you may be charged the carrier YQ surcharge. However, you may complete your booking and the surcharge will be automatically refunded
within 3 business days. You will also receive a new itinerary receipt showing the adjustment within that same period. There is no need to contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre to request the refund.

Rest assured that we are diligently working towards a quick resolution."
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Two bookings done. On the phone for a third.

"I" inventory disappeared on LHR-YVR on a day I was looking at yesterday, and there's no R either. But I just realized the timing doesn't work out anyway, so I've just booked four TATL flights in Y. Sigh.

Let's hope R opens up, or another airline in "I".
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Yup, checked a March break family trip last night, and the YQ was gone this AM saving about $100 per person ($500 total) when I booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.