Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YQ waiver is going to be fun...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Checked a couple options for a flight to Europe I'm booking tomorrow if the numbers work. Both a direct AC flight and another with a short non AC leg show the same "carrier surcharge" of $476.

As of 5:48 MST I am still getting same $476 to Europe on Classic with non AC short leg, all AC and market rewards. I will check tomorrow.

Last edited by folkart; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:49 pm Reason: update
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:53 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Anyone know when the rollover is supposed* to happen? Curious as to when to try this out.

* We're talking about Amia IT (perhaps also ACIT?), so I assume we're looking at a broken system initially, followed by downtime, and half-fixes.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Absolute
Anyone know when the rollover is supposed* to happen? Curious as to when to try this out.

* We're talking about Amia IT (perhaps also ACIT?), so I assume we're looking at a broken system initially, followed by downtime, and half-fixes.
Getting:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Also, trying to price an itinerary, the thing finds availability but stops at the next step without completing the quote.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:47 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Sounds like it's working perfectly.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Sounds like it's working perfectly.
Ken the master of summary
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Absolute
Anyone know when the rollover is supposed* to happen?
It may have already happened. I'm SE until what I assumed was the end of February, but at 20:00EST, I've already been demoted to 35K.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
It was still charging YQ for me a half hour or so ago.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tracon
It may have already happened. I'm SE until what I assumed was the end of February, but at 20:00EST, I've already been demoted to 35K.
I find that for domestic itineraries, the surcharge is still there. However for overseas, you cannot book either with or without the surcharge.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tracon
....but at 20:00EST, I've already been demoted to 35K.
Is that a GMT thing?
(Only asking because the T&Cs on the various promos say: "Due to GMT time on web, the registration page will remain active until .....2015, at 23:59 Eastern Standard time.")
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
March 1st in Europe (I'm in East Africa) and it seems status quo so far....

FRAYYZ in J on LH/AC

Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:50 pm

I'm getting this:

"You have hit -11x your Priority Awards Bonus, and this fare is not bookable. Please retry and redo. All your base are belong to us."

I don't think the March 1 conversion is going well.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I'm getting this:

"You have hit -11x your Priority Awards Bonus, and this fare is not bookable. Please retry and redo. All your base are belong to us."

I don't think the March 1 conversion is going well.
LOL. Somebody set Aeroplan's Web department up the bomb.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Looks like AC might be tightening up on R-space in advance of the changes

Three flights I had been watching to Europe in May that were all at least R2 less than hour ago suddenly don't have two IKK J seats available anymore. It was the same flight, on three consecutive days, all with R of at least 2. No more.

Correction: EF still shows R. Aeroplan just doesn't show the corresponding priority rewards.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
This should also be the end of charging USTransport Tax and Facility Charge for elites on transborder tickets no?

The excuse given by some AC defenders here was that these faux taxes are charged because the ticket price is not "zero" because of YQ - well now - it will be zero - so one should expect $60 of these taxes to go away too, right
I thought the US tax/fee issue on transborder was due to the corporate split between AC and Aeroplan. As a 3rd party, Aeroplan is buying a ticket from AC rather than it being a net-zero internal transaction within AC. Therefore taxes are due.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by drvannostren
As a little sidebar, maybe you guys know, I'm curious as to who decides YQ will apply? Like why is LH on the list and Avianca isn't?
I just assumed AC decides YQ applies. It's not like they remit the YQ to the operating airline for rewards tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.