Wiki Posts
Search

Hacks & Mods - Add Yours!

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
The MLL staff can tell you if the bags are coming out for your flight?

How would they know?
They can tell if bags have hit the carousel yet. At least in YYZ domestic.

Bags all pass through scanners, no?
Old May 17, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by dand99
Too many lounges have showers with no place to put or hang your clothing.

I'm going to start bringing adhesive backed clothing pegs and stick them on the wall as a public service.
You're the man!
Old May 17, 2016, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
For non-bulkhead seats, I like to use the tray table attached to the back of the seat in front of me. Great use for one's laptop.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
I mostly fly TPAC, so at least 10+ hours.
Morning of flight a workout is a must.
Pre-boarding I do an entire stretching routine. Started doing this about 5 years ago and makes so much difference.
Do the stretches at the back of the in flight magazine before falling asleep and when you wake up.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by stevescott1983
I mostly fly TPAC, so at least 10+ hours.
Morning of flight a workout is a must.
Pre-boarding I do an entire stretching routine. Started doing this about 5 years ago and makes so much difference.
Do the stretches at the back of the in flight magazine before falling asleep and when you wake up.
Do you mean, like, you do yoga in the aisle?
Old May 17, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
For non-bulkhead seats, I like to use the tray table attached to the back of the seat in front of me. Great use for one's laptop.
For extra ergonomics, I like to pull the tray towards me when eating... it's on a sliding rail system. Slide it back for laptop use.

I think the back of enroute has stuff you can do at your seat. leg lifts... leg spreads... leg behind neck.... kegels... you know, discrete... nobody will know but youuuuuu.... shhhhhhhhh...
Old May 17, 2016, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
For extra ergonomics, I like to pull the tray towards me when eating... it's on a sliding rail system. Slide it back for laptop use.
Oh my goodness! Brilliant!

Last edited by tcook052; May 18, 2016 at 7:23 am
Old May 17, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
If you are flying Long Haul Y

Have two bottles of fresh water (500ML Plus) ready
Buy a bottle of Johnnie Walker at duty free
5 Minutes after seatbelt turned off, chug the bottle
Pass Out so you won't suffer
Wake up about 11 hours later, drink two bottles of water to reduce hangover, have breakfast and profit.

Congrats, you paid Y for J comfort.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
If you are flying Long Haul Y

Have two bottles of fresh water (500ML Plus) ready
Buy a bottle of Johnnie Walker at duty free
5 Minutes after seatbelt turned off, chug the bottle
Pass Out so you won't suffer
Wake up about 11 hours later, drink two bottles of water to reduce hangover, have breakfast and profit.

Congrats, you paid Y for J comfort.
I do that every time I leave a dry (or dryish) country. Forget the water, just get 500ML in the flask format. Fits beautifully in the seatback pocket. My last RAK-LIS flight. 2 hours.

11 hours you need more.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by stevescott1983
With a long-term spinal injury, my pre-flight stretching routine runs about 5 minutes per hour of flying time.

Took me a while to get this dialled in so that people didn't think I was performing devout prayers at the gate and get all freaked out.

Also, fun fact: if you ever have to fly while hopped up on T3s, and wearing a back brace with a band of cylindrical, vertical supports around your waistline, you can get into some hilarious sitcom-style misunderstandings with American TSA screeners.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
Not Yoga - but close. On the plane I will head to the back and do full body stretches. Touch toes, lunges, torso rotation etc...

Pre-boarding I do full body, even get on the floor. I find in YVR people don't raise an eyebrow, other airports they do.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YOWgary
With a long-term spinal injury, my pre-flight stretching routine runs about 5 minutes per hour of flying time.

Took me a while to get this dialled in so that people didn't think I was performing devout prayers at the gate and get all freaked out.

Also, fun fact: if you ever have to fly while hopped up on T3s, and wearing a back brace with a band of cylindrical, vertical supports around your waistline, you can get into some hilarious sitcom-style misunderstandings with American TSA screeners.
Wow. What happened to your spine?
Old May 18, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Wow. What happened to your spine?
"Chronic, random muscle spasms" is as much as I care to share on the Interwebs.

Suffice it to say, endless hours in a 17.2 x 31" chair is not at the top of my super happy fun times list.
Old May 18, 2016, 2:32 pm

My AC hack is changing seats at the request of the SD (in J) and then not getting my meal order until after the seatbelt sign has been turned off.

Isn't that just the usual though?
Old May 18, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Actually, paying of a couple of "why" Supré Élite's to do yoga in the aisle (while you're seated in PY) just after services has started is a great hack to get extra time with the FA - which means more food/drinks. ^

We all know that everyone who does yoga won't stop until they have completed their complete set of yoga exercises, I mean it'll completely mess up their (whatever they call it) right?

Well worth the few extra bucks shelled out for the added cabin service!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.