Wiki Posts
Search

Hacks & Mods - Add Yours!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Me either. But I guess that's why his bag always comes out on the first cart.
Makes sense
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Me either. But I guess that's why his bag always comes out on the first cart.
Haha, too funny.

I've had the opposite luck where my bag is always on the last cart.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by antirealist
Although pions would fit comfortably into even a rouge Y seat, their mean lifetime is so short that they'd never last until the first appearance of the drinks trolley, let alone achieve any kind of Elite status.
I just want to say, this joke was underappreciated

So, superangrypenguin, its spelt "peon"

Also, re: the UA discussion. I've had very good luck boarding first and getting my carry-on back first with sky-check (no yellow wrap around the handle).
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've never seen more than one.
What I should have said was... Now that I'm sober... With skycheck, on a full flight they will load the bags onto the plane as the pax board. So I'd you board early your bag week go in the hold first. Take a look next time during boarding! So yes one cart but they will load as people board
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What I should have said was... Now that I'm sober... With skycheck, on a full flight they will load the bags onto the plane as the pax board. So I'd you board early your bag week go in the hold first. Take a look next time during boarding! So yes one cart but they will load as people board
Now that you're sober... ^

Honest to drunk, I'm not god
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Binflyin
Now that you're sober... ^

Honest to drunk, I'm not god
Gosh I hate phone autocorrect! Lol
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Too many lounges have showers with no place to put or hang your clothing.

I'm going to start bringing adhesive backed clothing pegs and stick them on the wall as a public service.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:35 am

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
Earplugs to hand around

I ride on DH-3s much of the time. They are lovely aircraft, but they are **loud**. DH4s, with their cramped little mock-leather seats, are even louder.

If my workers (at my workplaces in heavy industry) failed to wear hearing protection in such noisy environments, I would be obliged to write them up.

I routinely wear earplugs on those aircraft. I bring extras (usually half a dozen sets) so that I have a set to give to everyone sitting near me who wants one. Industrial workers (we see each other often on those flights) often will have brought their own. Usually, if they forgot theirs, they will be grateful for the offer.

I've even had cabin crew ask me for a pair, if they forgot theirs. We all want to be able to hear our grandchildren when we have them; none of us wants to hear our pillow sing us to sleep at night.

-----

Only situation in which AC hands out earplugs to pax is in the transoceanic amenity kits. Those wide-body aircraft are not particularly noisy, anyway. AC would earn bonus points from me if they followed the lead of my usual float-plane airline (Harbour Air) and made sure that the seatback pockets **always** included at least one set of earplugs -- new in sealed bag of course -- so that pax would at least have the option of protecting their hearing.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by dand99
Too many lounges have showers with no place to put or hang your clothing.

I'm going to start bringing adhesive backed clothing pegs and stick them on the wall as a public service.
Yes! Fantastic idea. Who builds a shower room without any coat or clothing hooks?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Sure, I guess i'll take a stab.

1) Drink excessively in the lounge. Drink excessively on board. 200mg of 5HTP and 3-6mg of Melatonin. Pass out. Teleport

2) On long haul or ultra long haul flights, add #1 with 2 standard issue 3M earplugs and then sleep with the QC15's on. Earplugs minus the acoustic pressure pain if #1 hasn't taken care of that
NAILED IT.

I've never really gotten to do much long haul single flight travel (I need them AQS) but even if I have a long day of 4 flights ahead of me...I short change myself on sleep the night before. Lets me get some shut eye even on those back row Y flights IAH-YVR.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Eh, I get using a magazine. I have a builtin blocker for recline though, my knees. At well over 6' the only good time to recline is when I get up, but then when I sit back down my knees end up in your back - maybe that's a lumbar support? Unadvertised feature!

Anyway, reclining is somewhat the bane of my existence, but then I make a point of not doing it - even in J.

People who hard recline could easily smash a laptop screen or otherwise, they should be careful.
What is with the stupid 1/4" round wire in the seat pocket in the seat in front of you??? I'm with you, I'm 6'4" and if I have the misfortune to sit in the back of the plane, not in a bulk head or exit row there is not enough room for my knees as it is. If someone reclines that wire from the seat pocket jams into my knees.

The first thing I do is remove the crap from the seat pocket which give me about an extra 1/4" and shove it beside the seat. If someone reclines and won't take the hint of my knees jabbing into their back (which isn't comfortable to me either) I will ask them to not recline. If they refuse to put their chair up or don't speak English, that wire in the seat pocket becomes bent somehow so my knees can be more comfortably pushed into the seat back in front of me.

If you ever wondered why that pocket in front of you looks mangled to hell, there's a good chance I've had your seat in the past.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Domestic arrival with checked bags.

Go to the MLL, grab food/drink.

When you finish, go to the counter and ask if bags are coming out for your flight yet.

If yes, leave. If no, wait in the lounge.

No guesswork

E50K+ only
Old May 16, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I found the perfect solution to the forced-ad's. My iPad Pro is the same size as the screen.
Attached Images  
Old May 16, 2016, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Domestic arrival with checked bags.

Go to the MLL, grab food/drink.

When you finish, go to the counter and ask if bags are coming out for your flight yet.

If yes, leave. If no, wait in the lounge.

No guesswork

E50K+ only
The MLL staff can tell you if the bags are coming out for your flight?

How would they know?
Old May 16, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
For those that sit in aisle seats in Y, there is usually a little tab underneath the armrest closest to the aisle, click it and your arm rest is free to go up. This comes in handy when going to the washroom and deplaning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.