Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
As of 2nd Dec. 2014 you can now request eUpgrades to Premium Economy on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, as well as to the Premium rouge cabin on eligible Air Canada rouge flights. To request an upgrade, simply log in to your eUpgrade account and select to which cabin you’d like to upgrade to, or speak with an Air Canada reservation or airport agent.

Note that should you wish to upgrade one segment of an itinerary into Business Class, and another segment into Premium Economy, you will need to make two separate upgrade requests and the requirements for these two requests will be assessed separately.

For eUpgrade requests into Business Class, you will also now have the ability to sit in the Premium Economy cabin, depending on availability, should your original request for an upgrade to Business Class not clear at time of departure.

Add-ons will not apply for eUpgrades into Premium Economy.

For more information, including credit requirements, visit http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/141202.html
Print Wikipost

New upgrades to Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:10 pm

Ok I didn't read the full thread; but do I understand correctly that;

YYZ-YVR Y to PE is 8 credits; but Y to J is also 8 credits??
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by hearna

Incorrect, there is no PE domestically anymore. They are sold as preferred seats.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by hearna

It is easier if you confirm the exact fare bucket, as shown on the Preview eUpgrade requirements for your itinerary page.

Assuming you are in G, Q, V, or W Flex, then at present it is 8 credits to upgrade to PE and 10 credits to upgrade to J. Starting March 1 the upgrade to J from the same Flex fares will be 15 credits.

***edit*** winnipegrev indicates no more domestic PE. Strange, as the requirements calculator still shows PE. Another AC IT fail?

Last edited by GJS - yow; Jan 8, 2015 at 8:47 pm Reason: corrected to account for post by winnipegrev
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I have a TATL booked with a UA codeshare number in K. I have no experience with AC...is there any possibility to upgrade to PE with cash upon check-in or transit at YYZ?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:57 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I have a TATL booked with a UA codeshare number in K. I have no experience with AC...is there any possibility to upgrade to PE with cash upon check-in or transit at YYZ?
You may be offered a $$ upgrade at check-in, however, I assume you'll be connecting from the US. If you check in on UA.com, I'm not sure if they'll offer you one.

If you connecting flight is on AC and you check in on AC.com, then I would guess the chances are better to have an upgrade offer.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Incorrect, there is no PE domestically anymore. They are sold as preferred seats.
Does that mean service, meals, and amenities are identical to Y? You get more legroom but otherwise a Y seat, correct?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by ridefar
Does that mean service, meals, and amenities are identical to Y? You get more legroom but otherwise a Y seat, correct?
On the widebodies offering it you get Y service but a PE seat - in addition to more legroom it is also a wider, more comfortable seat. You can compliment that with a virtual J meal for ~$15 by ordering the hot meal.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
If you connecting flight is on AC and you check in on AC.com, then I would guess the chances are better to have an upgrade offer.
Yes, connecting from the US. All four flights are on AC, so I'm expecting to check in via AC.com. I'll report back what happens.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by The Lev
On the widebodies offering it you get Y service but a PE seat - in addition to more legroom it is also a wider, more comfortable seat. You can compliment that with a virtual J meal for ~$15 by ordering the hot meal.
Well, virtual J to say the last with the meal tactic. Add on the drinks and it'd be more of a $50 difference....(i'm being conservative as i'm very hungover from last night...)
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:14 am

I did not receive an upgrade offer during OLCI. I'll try asking at YYZ for the TATL, but I don't anticipate success since I was ticketed on UA.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Delete
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Just got off AC7 a few hours ago.

A few things I experienced as this was my first time in PE:

SEs (about 5 of us in PE) were thanked by the SD.

Meal requests were taken in order by status (the FA was hopping around one side of the plane to the other).

4 people upgraded from Y (saw the ML*1) notation on the manifest.

What are the codes for each Altitude status level? SE is shown as such, but what about some of the other codes? I think I saw AC*EM or something to that effect.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Just got off AC7 a few hours ago.

A few things I experienced as this was my first time in PE:

SEs (about 5 of us in PE) were thanked by the SD.

Meal requests were taken in order by status (the FA was hopping around one side of the plane to the other).

4 people upgraded from Y (saw the ML*1) notation on the manifest.

What are the codes for each Altitude status level? SE is shown as such, but what about some of the other codes? I think I saw AC*EM or something to that effect.
EM sounds like 50k million miler
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Allvest
EM sounds like 50k million miler
Yep.

And of course, SM is the family friendly code for S100K Million Miler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.