FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New upgrades to Premium Economy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1633323-new-upgrades-premium-economy.html)

FlyerTalker683455 Dec 2, 2014 6:05 am

New upgrades to Premium Economy

The main tables haven't been updated, but looking up by itinerary comes up with:

Upgrade to Premium Economy: Asia
Fare NameBooking classNumber of eUpgrade Credits required to upgrade to Premium Economy (per passenger) Upgrade request
Latitude (B, Y)7 Anytime
Flex (M, U)10 Within 7 days
Flex (H, Q, V)13 Within 7 days

Europe

Upgrade to Premium Economy:
Fare NameBooking classNumber of eUpgrade Credits required to upgrade to Premium Economy (per passenger) Upgrade request
Latitude (Y, B)6 Anytime
Flex (U, M)8 Within 7 days
Flex (V, Q, H)11 Within 7 days

Air Canada Altitude Dec 2, 2014 6:05 am

Hello everyone,

As of this morning you can now request eUpgrades to Premium Economy on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, as well as to the Premium rouge cabin on eligible Air Canada rouge flights. To request an upgrade, simply log in to your eUpgrade account and select to which cabin you’d like to upgrade to, or speak with an Air Canada reservation or airport agent.

Note that should you wish to upgrade one segment of an itinerary into Business Class, and another segment into Premium Economy, you will need to make two separate upgrade requests and the requirements for these two requests will be assessed separately.

For eUpgrade requests into Business Class, you will also now have the ability to sit in the Premium Economy cabin, depending on availability, should your original request for an upgrade to Business Class not clear at time of departure.

Add-ons will not apply for eUpgrades into Premium Economy.

For more information, including credit requirements, visit http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/141202.html

krayZpaving Dec 2, 2014 6:33 am

Does it include Rouge to Premium Rouge or just mainline Y to mainline PE?

The Lev Dec 2, 2014 6:44 am

So for me (and most of the rest of you) it would "cost" a higher percentage of my annual number of eUpgrades received to upgrade from Y to PE in 2015 than from Y to J in 2014.

Feelin' the love.

Q Shoe Guy Dec 2, 2014 6:48 am

Ouch !

100,000miler Dec 2, 2014 6:54 am

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 23928839)
So for me (and most of the rest of you) it would "cost" a higher percentage of my annual number of eUpgrades received to upgrade from Y to PE in 2015 than from Y to J in 2014.

Feelin' the love.

As I read it, Y to PE will be less than Y to J in 2014.

Finally we have some good news. Most of us will not have enough E-ups to get into J but PE will have to work. The new reality!

acysb87 Dec 2, 2014 7:08 am

With fares and routes I am on, I feel that I personally will be OK in 2015.

When Mrs.acysb87 travels with me,that's where it will become problematic with e-credits availability. :(

Geoflying Dec 2, 2014 7:14 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler (Post 23928878)

Yeah - but The Lev was talking in percentage terms

jasdou Dec 2, 2014 7:14 am

What about co-pay?

FlyerTalker683455 Dec 2, 2014 7:19 am

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 23928839)

Feelin' the love.

What makes you think they won't raise the requirements as of March 1?

ridefar Dec 2, 2014 7:29 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler (Post 23928878)

Finally we have some good news. Most of us will not have enough E-ups to get into J but PE will have to work. The new reality!

Then AC has successfully convinced somebody that this is good news when it isn't. You must be forgetting you will earn 50% less eUps next year too. So the requirements, adjusted for inflation and in current eUps "dollars" :), are more like 14, 20, and 26 for Asia and 12, 16, and 22 for Europe.

Bonaventure Dec 2, 2014 7:39 am

The absolute worst redemption values given that PE often isn't very much more expensive than Flex to begin with... If this doesn't come with co-pay I guess it's the only option for non-SEs though.

zorn Dec 2, 2014 7:57 am

First step: introduce PE to J upgrades. Yay!

Second step: introduce Y to PE upgrades. Yay!

Third step: eliminate Y to J upgrades. oops!

The Lev Dec 2, 2014 8:13 am

Originally Posted by ridefar (Post 23929044)
Then AC has successfully convinced somebody that this is good news when it isn't. You must be forgetting you will earn 50% less eUps next year too. So the requirements, adjusted for inflation and in current eUps "dollars" :), are more like 14, 20, and 26 for Asia and 12, 16, and 22 for Europe.

That's the general idea.

canadiancow Dec 2, 2014 10:19 am

Originally Posted by zorn (Post 23929183)
First step: introduce PE to J upgrades. Yay!

Second step: introduce Y to PE upgrades. Yay!

Third step: eliminate Y to J upgrades. oops!

I don't see that happening as long as all the US airlines have Y to J upgrades.