Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:52 pm

Macanese chicken was inedible and has the distinction of being the only meal I ever sent back in 20 years. It may have been my serving as no one else complained. It smelt and tasted burnt. However even without that was watery stewed chicken without much flavour IMHO.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
So now for the return trip.......

I will start by saying that once agin I lucked out with the same crew in both directions and service was just outstanding.

Doing most of my TPACs ex-YVR for the past number of years, I can't recall a bad crew but I can say that some of the best AC crews I've flown with have been on AC to NRT, HKG, BNE and TPE.

AC 12 TPE-YVR February 2018

I loved the champagne service proved by the SD David. On this AC 12, he was pouring for fellow AC FTer @lallied who I met in the SQ lounge.

I don't eat duck, but someone let me take a photo of their appetizer.

I must say that I really enjoyed this simple salad because the greens and tomatoes were flavourful and didn't taste the typical industrial variety from North America.

Another very tasty fish dish. The halibut was done perfectly and the rice and side salsa were flavourful as well.

I really like the Brie and Asiago on the route.

Now this was a bit weird. The menu lists it as "Carrot walnut cake, cheese custard cream"

It was essentially a carrot cake, more dense than the typical ones in North America plus it had distinct carrot pieces etc. I liked that it wasn't overly sweet.
However, in typical FWP comments, I would add it was a disappointment compared to that fantastic Chocolate Cherry Cake on this flight a few weeks ago.

I did not have any mid-flight snack.

And here were have the warm pastries with the breakfast or pre-arrival meal.

Once again, the awesome croissant au chocolat from the AC 12 a few weeks ago was replaced by the overly sweet and not nearly as good apple cinnamon pastry.

I did not eat the hot meal as I don't find any of them appealing.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Nice pics 24left.
I too had the halibut last week and liked it.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
WHy does AC only carry hot sauce on TPAC flights only ? I asked on the TLV one and they had none. that would make some of this food .. esp the fish dishes far more edible.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by karachi
WHy does AC only carry hot sauce on TPAC flights only ? I asked on the TLV one and they had none. that would make some of this food .. esp the fish dishes far more edible.
Hilarious that you say that.

I was on 61 last week and asked for hot sauce to go with the bibimbap (which BTW is worse than OZ's intra-asia Y class bibimbap, also hilarious). I was told in no uncertain terms that there is no hot sauce on this flight. Also no chopsticks.

I ordered a soup and dumpling mid flight and got the standard hot sauce and chopsticks without asking.

But yes, I quite like that hot sauce too.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:19 pm

Oh, and as a side note, I didn't like AC catering ex-CDG.

Well, I found it fine, but I found the pre landing snack to be of poor quality. Especially compared to the breakfast cards, or pre landing meals on TPACs.
Bartolo likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Hilarious that you say that.

I was on 61 last week and asked for hot sauce to go with the bibimbap (which BTW is worse than OZ's intra-asia Y class bibimbap, also hilarious). I was told in no uncertain terms that there is no hot sauce on this flight. Also no chopsticks.

I ordered a soup and dumpling mid flight and got the standard hot sauce and chopsticks without asking.

But yes, I quite like that hot sauce too.
I've gotten hot sauce both ways on the ICN run. Sometimes you have to ask twice as the newbie FA's dont know that AC carries hot sauce on those. BTW the best chilli sauce is the one in EVA J class. its the crushed chilli in oil and they bring it to you on a little china dish .. not out of a packet.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
......BTW the best chilli sauce is the one in EVA J class. its the crushed chilli in oil and they bring it to you on a little china dish .. not out of a packet.
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!

I love that! On one of my BR TPE-YYZ, I was talking to the ISM and she pulled out the jar and showed it to me. Of course, 24left did not take a photo or write down the name but it was a universe better than the squishy plastic packets served on AC flights. And classy.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:56 pm

I've gotten hot sauce both ways on the ICN run. Sometimes you have to ask twice as the newbie FA's dont know that AC carries hot sauce on those. BTW the best chilli sauce is the one in EVA J class. its the crushed chilli in oil and they bring it to you on a little china dish .. not out of a packet.
Gonna have to hit that up then!

Asian dishes without hot oil is just... weird. Unless it's Japanese food lol
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course the real thing will be better than prepackaged just. I was not impressed by tge one out of Seoul.

Now if you ewver visit our place, we'll get you Brazilian stuff. That's knock your pants off. Claims to be malagueta, although I don't believe it is. Baseupon personal experience back when hot pepper was still real, back in the seventies.

(Real malagueta being green and tiny, wild actually. I suspect the stuff is more like African piri-piri. In French because they canb't pronounce the r, they end up calling it pili pili. Used to be used in moambe, palm oil cooked chicken back by old Belgian colonialists. - Reminder of an ex-sister in law.)
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Not much Japanese food is spicy, nor is there a lot of super spicy stuff.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't that a huge oversimplification though? In other words, some dishes are, some definitely are not. Also depends upon country/region and the like. There is a big world out there and plenty of room for diversity. (And not just about food :-))
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Isn't that a huge oversimplification though? In other words, some dishes are, some definitely are not. Also depends upon country/region and the like. There is a big world out there and plenty of room for diversity. (And not just about food :-))
Oh yeah for sure.

But I think it would be insulting if I'd add hot oil to a washoku dinner, whereas most East/SE Asian cuisine will expect you to add or already integrate chili oil to the dish. No?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
This is your favourite meme to use.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.