Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expanded In-flight Wi-Fi on Air Canada flights within North America

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expanded In-flight Wi-Fi on Air Canada flights within North America

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jaysona
D'oh! Would help if I actually put the correct filename in the link. It's fixed. *blush*
That's not bad at all. Definitely usable!, although not as a file server. Hahaha
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

That's not bad at all. Definitely usable!, although not as a file server. Hahaha
It's more than adequate for email, Instagram, twitter, facebook and of course the all important flyertalk!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Reading all these reports, I cannot believe that I have boarded many flights in the past months and not hit one AC aircraft with WiFi... Silly!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Reading all these reports, I cannot believe that I have boarded many flights in the past months and not hit one AC aircraft with WiFi... Silly!
Even worse, I've boarded around 3 flights this year that had the Wifi logo on the plane (as you enter the aircraft), and all 3 didn't have it. (FA's confirmed it).
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Even worse, I've boarded around 3 flights this year that had the Wifi logo on the plane (as you enter the aircraft), and all 3 didn't have it. (FA's confirmed it).
Just had the same experience on YVR - YWG today, there was a logo! but didn't have it, FA confirmed.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: Irrelevant
YVR-YXY - spotty coverage at best.

Just flew YVR-YXY, I had maybe ~25 minutes of usable Internet access, the rest of the time there was no GoGo service. I'm not sure why AC doesn't have coverage while AS does over what is roughly the same flight corridor.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I wish AC told us in advance if the planned fin has WiFi or not. I'm tempted to buy the monthly pass as I have a bunch of flying coming up for the rest of January.

Most of my recent E190 flights have had wifi, most of my A319/A320 have not
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I wish AC told us in advance if the planned fin has WiFi or not. I'm tempted to buy the monthly pass as I have a bunch of flying coming up for the rest of January.

Same here - I have yet to fly a 319/320 with Wi-Fi but they seems to have gotten it on a good amount of the E190s. I'll hold off buying a monthly pass until availability becomes more predictable.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq

The funny thing is that gogo says the 319s are done and the others haven't been started yet

I almost bought a monthly pass for Earn Your Wings, and it probably would have been worth it, but I didn't want to take the chance.

I'm flying UA p.s. SFO-JFK and JFK-LAX in the next 24 hours, and all those aircraft are wifi-enabled. So I bought a 24 hour pass
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
wifi refund

I purchased a wifi package this week on a flight from Yow to YYT. The connection was great but it only worked for 5 minutes. The Flight attendant couldn't reset the wifi. Anyone know how I could get a refund for the amount paid for the service?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nfldflyer
I purchased a wifi package this week on a flight from Yow to YYT. The connection was great but it only worked for 5 minutes. The Flight attendant couldn't reset the wifi. Anyone know how I could get a refund for the amount paid for the service?
Chargeback. Hope you used an AMEX
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Aircraft C-FZUB is outfitted. If anybody could translate that to a tail # that would probably help. It is a 320 fwiw. I didnt buy, and was somewhat shocked that it is a chargeable feature even in J. At $3500 for a 4 hr flight YYC-YYZ it is friggin shocking how poor the product is, how bad the food and wine is, and how you still have to pay for wifi. Whoops... getting sidetracked. C-FZUB. Good to go.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ridefar
Aircraft C-FZUB is outfitted. If anybody could translate that to a tail # that would probably help. It is a 320 fwiw. I didnt buy, and was somewhat shocked that it is a chargeable feature even in J. At $3500 for a 4 hr flight YYC-YYZ it is friggin shocking how poor the product is, how bad the food and wine is, and how you still have to pay for wifi. Whoops... getting sidetracked. C-FZUB. Good to go.
All the fins. My job is done for the day.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/fin.html
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ridefar
United charges in J. Delta charges in J.

So while I don't like it that AC charges, it certainly doesn't surprise me.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
United charges in J. Delta charges in J.

So while I don't like it that AC charges, it certainly doesn't surprise me.
Good to know. I am surprised at that too! All I can say is I would be equally unimpressed if I had bought a J/C/Z ticket there, although I believe that domestic J/C/Z in the USA is a lot cheaper than here.

I think my reaction was more to overall value proposition. Last few times I went YYC-YYZ-YYC it was on the 763. This time was a 320. I don't particularly think the value proposition for business class on a 4-5 hour flight is particularly great on either one, but at $5k to $6k for a round trip ticket in J on a 320 is particularly poor. There were other issues with the 320 but this is all a digression.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.