Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
At the moment, it appears the schedule of 4 of the fins goes like this...

yvr-lhr
lhr-yul
yul-lhr
lhr-yvr
yvr-yyz
yyz-yvr-hkg
hkg-yvr
yvr-lhr (repeat).

With the CDG-YUL plane locked into that route.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:37 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by moorw003

yvr-lhr
lhr-yul
yul-lhr
lhr-yvr
yvr-yyz
yyz-yvr-hkg
hkg-yvr
yvr-lhr (repeat).

Thanks to you and the others, this is helpful.

I am flying 848 in a few weeks, YYZ-LHR, it would appear to be old config pods. Which is fine, but good to know.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by moorw003

yvr-lhr
lhr-yul
yul-lhr
lhr-yvr
yvr-yyz
yyz-yvr-hkg
hkg-yvr
yvr-lhr (repeat).

Almost exactly right, except the YUL-CDG plane swaps in/out in YUL off the arrival of AC865. In the winter, when YUL-LHR operates as an A333, the 77P is "locked in" but is brought into YYZ once a week for maintenance and another aircraft is brought in to fly YUL-CDG. ^
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by ac-YUL
Almost exactly right, except the YUL-CDG plane swaps in/out in YUL off the arrival of AC865. In the winter, when YUL-LHR operates as an A333, the 77P is "locked in" but is brought into YYZ once a week for maintenance and another aircraft is brought in to fly YUL-CDG. ^
Are there any plans for redeploying the 77P in the winter once pulled off YUL-LHR? I don't see extra YYZ-YVR rotations like I expected to.

Wondering if YUL-LHR is coming back on the 77P next year... from what I hear loads are so dismal a 333 may as well have been operated up until now.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:07 pm
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Just flew AC7 and 8 to HKG and back.

Got a middle seat going out, and a throne on the right coming back. I really enjoyed it. Loved the table space on left and right on the throne.

New IFE is great too - liked that the remaining flight time is easily accesible. Also liked the bigger screen and quicker responses, and also that one can watch gate to gate (no need to stow the screen).

Great crew as well.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC,BA,CA,SPG,ICHG, HERTZ
Originally Posted by CT1
Just flew AC7 and 8 to HKG and back.

Got a middle seat going out, and a throne on the right coming back. I really enjoyed it. Loved the table space on left and right on the throne.

New IFE is great too - liked that the remaining flight time is easily accesible. Also liked the bigger screen and quicker responses, and also that one can watch gate to gate (no need to stow the screen).

Great crew as well.
+1
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:44 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
from what I hear loads are so dismal a 333 may as well have been operated up until now.
Where did you "hear" that from?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Where did you "hear" that from?
Anecdotal from staff and other acquaintances who have flown the route... the 777HD is a hot topic. Not first hand since I haven't been to YUL in years. Perhaps only certain days of week, but from what I heard it is no YVR-HKG anyway.

I mentioned A333 since that is what was operated before. Now that I think about it... 77W upgauge in summer?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:43 am

I mentioned A333 since that is what was operated before. Now that I think about it... 77W upgauge in summer?
Delete.

Last edited by CloudsBelow; Jun 11, 2014 at 12:13 pm Reason: Confused LHR with CDG.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
They ran the 77W on YULCDG prior. They wouldn't change to HD only to go back. Or, Do you mean the 77W after re-config?
Either way, the HD isn't coming off MTL-Paris until they pry them from Air Canada's cold, dead hands ......... (IMO, of course)
Lol, yes I think YUL-CDG is a market which could easily absorb ACs HD. I was just wondering about LHR.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:12 pm

Lol, yes I think YUL-CDG is a market which could easily absorb ACs HD. I was just wondering about LHR.
haha ...... My bad.
So much talk of MTL-Paris on the HD ... Assumed this was more on that. Should have read it.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club,Fairmont presidents club,Marriot rewards,SPG,Delta Privalige
Wondering if YUL-LHR is coming back on the 77P next year... from what I hear loads are so dismal a 333 may as well have been operated up until now.
I am booked on AC865 next week from the new LHR T2 and I have been following the seat map/availability since we booked and it looks like it is only half full so I kept thinking they may change it back to a 333.

Am I correct in thinking that the 77P's were compensation(i.e free from Boeing) for the B787 delays so would this mean that they can run them half full on a relatively short flight to YUL and still make money? I imagine the loads would have been good over the last week with F1 being in town.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Pjack94
Am I correct in thinking that the 77P's were compensation(i.e free from Boeing) for the B787 delays so would this mean that they can run them half full on a relatively short flight to YUL and still make money? I imagine the loads would have been good over the last week with F1 being in town.
I suspect that only Boeing and AC know the answer to that question. 5 x 777 is a huge compensation.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Pjack94
I am booked on AC865 next week from the new LHR T2 and I have been following the seat map/availability since we booked and it looks like it is only half full so I kept thinking they may change it back to a 333.

The seat map only shows assigned seats. There are likely many seats sold to people who did not purchase seat selection. You can find out more about how sold out the flight is on Flightstats.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
When I flew it from LHR-YUL, it was half full.

Maybe it will pick up for the summer, but I think they'll need to find a new route for it next year. All the other routes see the plane full to the rafters all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.