Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Interesting, I haven't received that notice yet (LAX based). I actually tried to convert that card to one of their other cards earlier this year (I didn't want to pay annual fee but wanted to keep the account open for credit rating purposes) and they told me I couldn't swap it for another card. I wonder with it shutting down if they'll now offer a conversion path...
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: aeroplan
A question about baggage fees when booking Star Alliance flights Infinite card

I have unsuccessfully attempted to search for this answer in the Aeroplan forum without success... and if the same question has already been answered ... I apologize...

I would like to know whether I would be charged baggage fees if I paid for my ticket with my TD Aeroplan Infinite card. I will be travelling AC from YOW to YUL and then transferring to Swiss from YUL to ZUR and then Swiss from ZUR to ATH?

I fully realize that I will be charged the baggage fees on my return leg...

Thanks for your help
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by mrgreek
I would like to know whether I would be charged baggage fees if I paid for my ticket with my TD Aeroplan Infinite card.
The free bag is only available when flying on an AE award on AC metal.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:06 am

is TD following amex's playbook?

after ~12 months i replaced by TD Aeroplan Infinite to take advantage of the 40,000 bonus miles promo (one that ended around Oct 2019).....
Spent a significant amount of money ($20K range) but did not get the full 40,000 bonus miles so I followed up.... Did the HUCA.....

1st call - prob the way TD displays & markets (bonus miles vs base miles)
2nd call - everything looked okay cause you got 40,000+ miles (base + bonus combined)
3rd call - you've been churning too much GHT and we limit the number of bonus miles given (I only churn once every 12 months or so)

Anyways, is this sign of something to come.......
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by global happy traveller

after ~12 months i replaced by TD Aeroplan Infinite to take advantage of the 40,000 bonus miles promo (one that ended around Oct 2019).....
Spent a significant amount of money ($20K range) but did not get the full 40,000 bonus miles so I followed up.... Did the HUCA.....

2nd call - everything looked okay cause you got 40,000+ miles (base + bonus combined)
3rd call - you've been churning too much GHT and we limit the number of bonus miles given (I only churn once every 12 months or so)

Why do you say "Amex's playbook"? Has Amex been limiting sign-up offers?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Why do you say "Amex's playbook"? Has Amex been limiting sign-up offers?
yes a few years back w the Amex Gold welcome bonus..... either that or they have some calculation error.....

YMMV, since one of the agents said there might be a posting delay too.......

Last edited by global happy traveller; Dec 15, 2019 at 8:20 am
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by global happy traveller

All the the answers you got from the agents are wrong. They don't really know the reason and are making up or guessing one to make you go away
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Does anyone know if the TD Infinite card car rental insurance covers tire and windscreen damage? I read through the pamphlet and it doesn't seem explicitly excluded, but not sure if that's the case or not. Also, where are the excluded/special notice countries? I know some countries must be excluded, but where is that list?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
>> if the TD Infinite card car rental insurance covers tire and windscreen damage?

"Coverage is limited to loss/damage to, or theft of a rental vehicle only up to the rental vehicle’s actual cash value plus valid Loss of Use charges." , except "wear and tear, gradual deterioration, or mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure, inherent vice or damage, insects or vermin;"

General answer: yes

>> I know some countries must be excluded,

Not true, except "Coverage is available except where prohibited by law."

Please call TD Insurance Claims hotline to confirm.
jerry305 likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Well my TD Infinite was up for a $120 renewal soon so I rang to tell them to waive it or cancel they card. They opted to offer me the $89 Platinum for free as part of that sign up offer instead.

Not clear if I'll get the bonus miles (17,500 if I spent $500/month for 3 months) or not. If not I may well cancel before years up, cards pretty limited. Guess at the moment TD is joining the ranks of those companies offering nothing to existing or nor customers (ie: cable packages and special offers are pretty much non-existent right now).

Oh and in a customer service update, after my dire experiences even getting the card I was on hold (including my favourite "long time up to two minutes" after the fifth COVID message) nine minutes before it went to ring and then said due to technical issues we're ending it. Honestly if TD had better service I'd consider sticking a few $ in an account there to waive the $120 fee; it's not like my high interest accounts are earning much right now.
Old May 1, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I’m a long time TD customer. Collectively we have over 300K in investment asset at TD, not to mention a couple mortgages on rental properties.

Anyhow, the TD Visa infinite privilege bonus and terms are so weak that I opened a new chequing account with CIBC and got their Aerogold visa infinite privilege instead.

Not churning TD card much— their credit card department disconnected me three times in the past week. Meanwhile, CIBC picked up my call every time within 5 minutes hold.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:51 pm

TD Infinite Income Requirement

Curious whether TD will lower its income requirement on the Infinite card in light of the massive unemployment and income loss due to the pandemic. Current TD income requirement stands at $60k personal/$100k household. Much more than Amex.
I’ve never applied for the card, though I’m tempted considering they are the only Aeroplan bonus card currently waiving the FYF. My current income is way down from last year, but if I base it on last year’s before tax income and include investments, I might squeak through.
Which leads to one other question. TD allows applicants to include wages, salary, commission, pension, rental income and investment income to calculate total personal income. My self-employed income last year was a little over $50k. But my mutual funds grew by almost $20k in 2019. Even with the recent crash they have come back almost even for 2020. So can I include mutual fund growth in 2019 as investment income even if I didn’t cash out my investments?
TD offers no details of what it defines as “Investment income” in its T&Cs and no specifics about whether personal income is the last calendar year or expected income this calendar year.
Is there any harm in just assuming the broadest definition of investment income?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by swannybc
Curious whether TD will lower its income requirement on the Infinite card in light of the massive unemployment and income loss due to the pandemic. Current TD income requirement stands at $60k personal/$100k household. Much more than Amex.
I’ve never applied for the card, though I’m tempted considering they are the only Aeroplan bonus card currently waiving the FYF. My current income is way down from last year, but if I base it on last year’s before tax income and include investments, I might squeak through.
Which leads to one other question. TD allows applicants to include wages, salary, commission, pension, rental income and investment income to calculate total personal income. My self-employed income last year was a little over $50k. But my mutual funds grew by almost $20k in 2019. Even with the recent crash they have come back almost even for 2020. So can I include mutual fund growth in 2019 as investment income even if I didn’t cash out my investments?
TD offers no details of what it defines as “Investment income” in its T&Cs and no specifics about whether personal income is the last calendar year or expected income this calendar year.
Is there any harm in just assuming the broadest definition of investment income?
FWIW from when I applied, it just asks your income. No-one checked it and I have no other TD accounts for them to look at (if even legal).

As to the rest and what they include no idea.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:13 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jc94
FWIW from when I applied, it just asks your income. No-one checked it and I have no other TD accounts for them to look at (if even legal).

As to the rest and what they include no idea.
I can't speak to the regular Aeroplan Infinite card, but I can confirm that TD did ask me to submit a T4 slip to prove my income for the Aeroplan Infinite Privilege card. I don't bank with TD, so they had no means to check, other than by asking me to supply evidence. The application was only processed after they confirmed receipt of my verification.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:47 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by swannybc
But my mutual funds grew by almost $20k in 2019. Even with the recent crash they have come back almost even for 2020. So can I include mutual fund growth in 2019 as investment income even if I didn’t cash out my investments?
If they don't ask you to verify your income, it won't matter.

If they do, guaranteed that unrealized investment gains aren't going to qualify. Even realized gains aren't what they're thinking of when they refer to "income" - they're thinking about dividends, interest payments, etc.

If they do ask you about verifying your income, you're probably better to go with another approach, e.g. if your 2017-19 average income was $65K because your contracts are variable, put that. Or if you expect to make over $60K this year because COVID has been good to your business, try to sell them on that. Much more likely you'll be successful than trying to base it on capital gains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.