Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Priority of AC Employees vs. Status Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Priority of AC Employees vs. Status Passengers

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Mine was a personal experience too. I wrote to Customer Care afterwards and all I received was a shelf apology. I did not receive any compensation. No $ and no Aero point. AC refused to accept it to be a case of an involuntary downgrade.
And then what did you do?

If people ask for compensation, and accept "no" as an answer, what motivation does AC have to change anything?

Canadian courts are amazing for things like this. You can easily get a refund for your ticket, all costs of having to go to court (missed work, etc.), and more damages to show AC that if they continue to do this, there will be significant consequences.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SamCat

The paranoia on this forum is unbelievable. AC does not have the time or the interest to be on this forum to "Toe" the company line "which should be spelled
"Tow". AC employees can spell!!! Which is more than they can say for some FT'rs on here.
I always thought the expression was "toe the line" and according to my Random House Dictionary, that is correct. I could not find a listing for "tow the line". (Boy, is your face red. )
Old May 6, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by SamCat

The paranoia on this forum is unbelievable. AC does not have the time or the interest to be on this forum to "Toe" the company line "which should be spelled
"Tow". AC employees can spell!!! Which is more than they can say for some FT'rs on here.
I would like to thank you and others for making fun of my disablity. I have a severe learning disablity which basically makes me look like an uneducated idiot when I write. It is so nice to be bullied on here! Just like high school. I have pointed this out before to others on here. It is called dissociation of written order and is considered more severe than dyslexia.

thank you for putting me down.
Old May 6, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If people ask for compensation, and accept "no" as an answer, what motivation does AC have to change anything?
Exactly! Its like saying, "such and such company is so big and they can do what they want, why are they going to listen to little old me" when in actual fact you should stand up and be counted whenever said company has wronged you as a customer/passenger/consumer.

In this day and age of social media, the voice of the supposed 'little person' isn't as small or meak as it might have been and companies have begun to take notice. I'm not saying to slander them, but if someone has a legitimate complaint about poor service, etc they need to express that on as many fronts as possible as its guaranteed at least one will get back to the company.

Those who suffer in silence suffer worse than those who choose to suffer aloud!
Old May 7, 2013, 10:00 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Stranger
I suspect these things happened a lot in the past when gate agents were in full control. But nowadays the upgrade process is done by the computer, so it normally goes by policy.
Domestically, yes, but not always internationally. In PVG, for example, an agent brings a piece of paper with the upgrade order listed on it.

I know that for a fact, as I'd gone from an E to SE the day of my flight, but the check-in counter had to add/remove my AE number to get my status to show.

When I arrived at the gate and asked my upgrade poisition, they showed me the written list with me at the bottom. I was friendly and talked to the agent, showing my new SE pass, and after a little back-and-forth (at first they thought the order was by fare, not by Tier and then fare), they actually scratched my name out and put me in the middle of the list.

So it's not fully computerized everywhere…. and it pays to be nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.