Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Rouge bird that @yyznomad and I flew to YQB. A320, fin 243

The calm before the mayhem. Also nicer than the nasty rouge 321 with the Recaro leather-ish seats.

And further to what @24left said, we actually got this same FIN243 to and from YQB (different days).

The Recaro slimlines were comfortable (you know, just like LH and other carriers).
More importantly, this 4O bird had ample pitch in Y.

I thought I would lose my RVirginity on that trip, but in a way, it was false/pulled out early. It's like I've visited Vegas first before going to Atlantic City.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
That A320 looks nicer than I remember. Are these new frames or retired mainline?
The 3 A320s flying so far, are new to AC...coming from InterJet. They are all ~12 years old.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
The 3 A320s flying so far, are new to AC...coming from InterJet. They are all ~12 years old.
Yep, we lucked out with the 4O bird. I was expecting utter wet crap, but instead got solid poo that smelled like strawberries.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 28, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skybluesea
@yyznomad

Well, AC is willing to stand-up behind a Rouge service failure.

Few weeks ago YYZ-LIS, my PE seat did NOT recline (4" is spec provided by AC CSR).

While first denying this could happen, AC said they sent someone to check my seat, and reported back that in fact I was right (really). So I have in writing that two seats in last middle row were improperly positioned during maintenance, so some technician actually caused this problem, and NOT caused by some ad-hoc mechanical issue.

So, my complaint has generated a $500 travel voucher or 20,000 AP points. Whether I accept or NOT, haven't quite decided.

So if a failed PE seat is worth $500, then my decision to reject the $1,000 offer for deflated biz seat on TPAC makes even more sense now.

ps...for anyone else who faces such a challenge, my complaint started with AC has falsely advertised the PE benefits which includes the full recline that AC admits was NOT correctly offered in dispatching the aircraft. This appears to have gotten their immediate attention.
@skybluesea

Not sure what you're referring to as I had no complaints about RV service on our flights (well, they were late on 1799 but at least one thing (not all the reasons why it was late) was out of their control with a fight in the back during boarding and security had to board to get yank the perp off, but @24left can give more details as I was in the lav when this happened). My comment was tongue-in-cheek as in I was expecting my first RV experience to be crappy with crappy RV seats, but instead we go the same relatively new and very clean and comfy 4O bird (all newly Rouged up but still with the 4O seats). But in the end I didn't care if the flight was late, so overall no issues on my first false-sense RV experience.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: 35 K
YUL to ATH Rouge Plus Seating

I am looking at booking AC 1902 YUL to ATH next April and just wanted to know if the Rouge Plus seating is worth the extra cost. From the seat map it looks like domestic business. Sorry for the question but the last time I flew Rouge I had a pillow between me and the person next to me.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Medhatter
I am looking at booking AC 1902 YUL to ATH next April and just wanted to know if the Rouge Plus seating is worth the extra cost. From the seat map it looks like domestic business. Sorry for the question but the last time I flew Rouge I had a pillow between me and the person next to me.
rouge Plus is economy seats but with extra legroom, no additional benefits. Premium rouge is the equivalent of international premium economy, or domestic business. Generally (IME) Premium rouge is reasonably priced, and I would definitely recommend it over regular rouge, assuming the price is right.
Symmetre and Medhatter like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
On a flight of that duration, anything you can do to eek out a little extra legroom will be more than worthwhile. Rouge Plus is not equal to domestic bus class (as per the previous post) but still more than worth the modest incremental cost on a TATL. Premium rouge is better still.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Depends on your size. If you are 5'0", then the extra legroom might not matter to you. If you are 6'8", then it is probably worth it. Rouge Plus is all about having some extra legroom. No extra width, though the width of a 767 seat among the best in Y.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:54 pm

Has the bottom feeder gone top shelf?
I was given the choice of Grey Goose or Smirnoff.
​​​​​​​
tcook052, jasdou and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Arcanum
As of May 1, they changed YQT-YYZ from 5-6 x Q400 to 3 x A319/A321. I flew it for the first time last week, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised - comfortable seats, free pretzels, streaming entertainment, and 25% shorter flight time.

If you normally fly mainline I guess it might be a bit of a downgrade, but for those of us used to the Jazz level of "service" it's a big improvement. My only complaint is that I bought an upgrade at check-in ($128 with tax) but all they served was warm nuts and drinks. I was hoping they'd have some snacks or even a small meal plate like I've had in J on routes of similar length.
It seems the last YYZ-YQT was de-Rouged to CR9. Fallout from the MAX non-deliveries?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by respectable_man
It seems the last YYZ-YQT was de-Rouged to CR9. Fallout from the MAX non-deliveries?
Amusingly, on some days, since they're seemingly using the ex-WOW planes on the other two slots, the CR9 is the only flight with J.

Looks like when the winter schedule kicks in, it's back to 3x Rouge A321/A320/A319 instead of 2x Rouge + 1x Jazz CR9, which, to me, only makes sense if the downgauge was indeed due to the MAX shenanigans.

Aside: I wonder how much of a mess this is going to be, since the last flight, which is now a CR9, is basically the sole flight you can connect to on the majority of TATL-YYZ-YQT, and many USA-YYZ-YQT. I suspect overbooking will be ... bad.

Can't wait to be able to book things again without 400 aircraft swaps that may or may not add/remove J.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by D404
Amusingly, on some days, since they're seemingly using the ex-WOW planes on the other two slots, the CR9 is the only flight with J.

Looks like when the winter schedule kicks in, it's back to 3x Rouge A321/A320/A319 instead of 2x Rouge + 1x Jazz CR9, which, to me, only makes sense if the downgauge was indeed due to the MAX shenanigans.

Aside: I wonder how much of a mess this is going to be, since the last flight, which is now a CR9, is basically the sole flight you can connect to on the majority of TATL-YYZ-YQT, and many USA-YYZ-YQT. I suspect overbooking will be ... bad.

Can't wait to be able to book things again without 400 aircraft swaps that may or may not add/remove J.
Yeah the reduced sched. really sucks whenever I need to fly to- or ex-YQT.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I had one of the all-Y, ex-WOW 321s this week, flying YYZ-YYG. Luckily I was able to snag an exit row in spite of the last-minute booking ... I sure hope these birds do not stay on this route.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
No more Premium Rouge

Guys, I’m booked an a service to SNU in transit from Zurich (ZRH) booked all the way in Business. Now I just got a new eTicket from AC with modified booking class to Y on the segment YUL-SNU. EF Is also not showing any C just all Economy.... I had the impression that all Rouge flights offer Premium? Would AC give a partial refund in case I accept the downgrade and if so what amount % can one on general expect?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.