Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Asia Miles, SPG Gold (life), HH Gold, Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Mainline will jump in if Rouge has a mechanical or a particular aircraft is offline due to maintenance. This airline has very high fleet utilization. A 777 found here and there??? It's a nice thought but a major undertaking to find an aircraft that would need 10 hours + rotation time. Ironically, I just got called to operate a YYZ-LAS flight on o/time.
Events like CES are planned as far as a year in advance. Lots of time to figure it out.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:30 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by pmax
Events like CES are planned as far as a year in advance. Lots of time to figure it out.
Not if bookings were made closer to actual event time.

Extra capacity is added, booking progress as thought, then suddenly a bunch of later (last minute-ish) bookings throw a wrench into the plans.

That and CES had a huge drop in attendance in 2009 steadily diminishing from its 2006 peak. Numbers are back to 2006 levels, but its not an easy event to predict.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
AC1882 + AC1885 YVR<->LAX using A319s are cancelled today. Swapped with a mainline B763 as AC2082 + AC2085 departing 2 hours later.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
YVR to HNL Jan 10

Flew business class to HNL. Flight okay food good , service terible, Had to ask for drink refill, FA spent most of their time helping pax with their IPads i, and then spent ther other time in the galley visiting. I do not know what the service was like in the back but if a reflection of what it was like in the front cabin ???????.

One thing Air Canada could do is send out a memo on shoe maintenance , cleaning and polishing . FA looked sharp in their uniforms but the condition of their dirty unpolished shoes took away from the LOOK
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by traacs
One thing Air Canada could do is send out a memo on shoe maintenance , cleaning and polishing . FA looked sharp in their uniforms but the condition of their dirty unpolished shoes took away from the LOOK
Have you actually compared ML and Rouge for shoe cleanliness or did the Rouge shoes stick out that badly? I mean, I've never looked at the shoes of a Rouge FA. I'm usually looking somewhere else... But in all honesty, this isn't the military...I don't look at a FA's shoes on any airline...and I couldn't care less...think about what they have to walk in (lavs...)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Have you actually compared ML and Rouge for shoe cleanliness or did the Rouge shoes stick out that badly? I mean, I've never looked at the shoes of a Rouge FA. I'm usually looking somewhere else... But in all honesty, this isn't the military...I don't look at a FA's shoes on any airline...and I couldn't care less...think about what they have to walk in (lavs...)
Perhaps I have sparked a interest in my post. Ever see the executive dressed in sharp looking suite and have unsightly dirty shoes does not look professional.
Yes main line has shoe issues as well but it is very rare in my opinion. They can wear what they want as far as foot wear is concerned but Rouge FA wear the grey style shoes as part of their uniform, I do not think that they can wear any type of shoe only those that come from AC
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I also noticed how scuffed the Rouge shoes were on my one Rouge trip last summer, YYZ-EDI, DUB-YYZ. Probably a cheap inferior shoe that won't keep a shine. Goes with the rest of the product!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I also noticed how scuffed the Rouge shoes were on my one Rouge trip last summer, YYZ-EDI, DUB-YYZ. Probably a cheap inferior shoe that won't keep a shine. Goes with the rest of the product!
Fluevogs aren't what I would call cheap. The men's shoe have a scuffed/dull look intentionally...
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:49 pm

Just out of curiosity, do the eUpgrade co-pays for E50/75s also apply to premium rouge flights to Europe?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by agjil
Just out of curiosity, do the eUpgrade co-pays for E50/75s also apply to premium rouge flights to Europe?
I would assume so.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Fluevogs aren't what I would call cheap. The men's shoe have a scuffed/dull look intentionally...
Had to Google them. Guess I'm out of touch when it comes to the shoe market, but I still don't think they were going for a scuffed/worn look in the shoes for this uniform. If they were going for that look well.....
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:31 pm

Question Premium/Business Class Seating

Booked through Aeroplan to only discover later that the flights from Toronto/Orlando are via Rouge. I know that the middle seat is "blocked" for the "business/premium" seats but the big question is whether the arm rests on those particular seats go up including the aisle seat. The only picture I can find seem to indicate that the divider is "solid" ... need to know as one of the travellers with us is disabled and cannot sit in a "fixed" space where the armrests do not go up ... thanks
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ABFlyer2
Booked through Aeroplan to only discover later that the flights from Toronto/Orlando are via Rouge. I know that the middle seat is "blocked" for the "business/premium" seats but the big question is whether the arm rests on those particular seats go up including the aisle seat. The only picture I can find seem to indicate that the divider is "solid" ... need to know as one of the travellers with us is disabled and cannot sit in a "fixed" space where the armrests do not go up ... thanks
The armrests can be raised - except in row 1. Welcome to FT.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
The armrests can be raised - except in row 1. Welcome to FT.
Thank you! I noticed that I did not mention that the plane in question was the A319 ... but after reading your response, I took a look at the photo in question and realized that the fixed dividers are in row 1 as you indicated and that the remaining rows in the Premium cabin are the regular type of armrests ... that is a great relief.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:48 am

I flew MCO-YUL on Jan 1st....

Upgraded the misses in advanced (J2R1) @ the then 15 day window... what was curious was J2 with no seat taken around 3 or 4 days out this became J4, J5 I was curious to if it was really sold or if they blocked J to account for an assumed oversell on hightravel day in Y. Regardless my seat was waitlisted at T-15D and cleared at T-14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.