Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Avianca miles posting to Aeroplan - Let the saga (?) begin!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca miles posting to Aeroplan - Let the saga (?) begin!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Sounds like there was a discrepancy in the name your booked your ticket with and your FFP account.
No they are the same... they even use my correct name on the rejection sheet w/ the summary of the flights as the "ticketed name." My name on hte boarding pass is the exact same as on my AP account...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by bakersdozen
...!

I got a letter back from Aeroplan today saying.

"We are unable to credit your flights to your account. There is no record with the airline for the passenger name submitted. If the name was incorrectly entered please resubmit your request with the name as it appears on your ticket"

Um seriously? I SENT in the original boarding passes with the name I traveled under a copy of the AMEX eReceipt w/ ticket # showing my name as booked... as well as all the other billing and travel details into Aeroplan.

Did they not even LOOK at these or is Avianca saying I never traveled?!?! What more do they want? Look at the damn original boarding passes I sent in.
We ran into the same issue with an LX issued ticket recently (correct fare classes. The outbound was higher fare class than the return leg. Points were credited for the inbound, but not the outbound!)

We (mountaingrl & mountainboy) received two copies of these letters. One set of letters was in response to the online submission form which triggers some automatic system, but the second set was in response to either our fax or physical mail paperwork submission. I escalated this (wow, that takes some crazy whining effort.....)

The call-back agent confirmed that something must have gone very very wrong inside the "automatic system". We've been waiting for another two weeks.

The system is broken. People who care should check their records carefully. It is not like AP cares, right...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mountainboy
We ran into the same issue with an LX issued ticket recently (correct fare classes. The outbound was higher fare class than the return leg. Points were credited for the inbound, but not the outbound!)

We (mountaingrl & mountainboy) received two copies of these letters. One set of letters was in response to the online submission form which triggers some automatic system, but the second set was in response to either our fax or physical mail paperwork submission. I escalated this (wow, that takes some crazy whining effort.....)

The call-back agent confirmed that something must have gone very very wrong inside the "automatic system". We've been waiting for another two weeks.

The system is broken. People who care should check their records carefully. It is not like AP cares, right...
Thanks for the update. I tried phoning them but the AP call center is closed. It is annoying b/c they now have my original boarding passes w/ my AP # listed on the BP and the ticket number... so I hope they kept them. I do have photocopies I made luckily. It's just frustrating b/c the name on the boarding pass is the exact same as my AP account name and they could have easily looked at it... or the ticket #, or the receipt.

Avianca doesn't have online submission for AP
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the update. I tried phoning them but the AP call center is closed. It is annoying b/c they now have my original boarding passes w/ my AP # listed on the BP and the ticket number... so I hope they kept them. I do have photocopies I made luckily. It's just frustrating b/c the name on the boarding pass is the exact same as my AP account name and they could have easily looked at it... or the ticket #, or the receipt.
Rather than submit the originals and keep photocopies, I submit the photocopies and keep the originals. Twice, this has come in useful.

Avianca doesn't have online submission for AP
If it is not automatic, AP submits evidence to the airline. The airline then provides the points to them, which they credit against your account. AP is the only one who can get the airline to do the right thing. Do phone back. Against my nature (ha ha), I am learning that strong angry words are required to make them do the right thing.

The airlines and AP have very little stopping them from doing wrong.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC E50k
Just to let you know that I had my AP miles posted for an Avianca flights BOG-GRU within 24hours. I made sure at check in that my AP number was in their system.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by luchoqc
Just to let you know that I had my AP miles posted for an Avianca flights BOG-GRU within 24hours. I made sure at check in that my AP number was in their system.
That's great to know, I have an AV flight at the end of the year that will push me above the 50K mark but I was afraid I would have to fight to get my miles posted and my elite status.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Avianca has now rejected Aeroplan's request twice saying I was never on the flights... names match and all that.... Aeroplan is escalating...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Avianca has now rejected Aeroplan's request twice saying I was never on the flights... names match and all that.... Aeroplan is escalating...
This is drama, never seen such a case before.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
This is drama, never seen such a case before.
Still going through the same for our LX flights from months ago. A round-trip ticket LHR-GVA-BCN / BCN-ZRH-LHR posted miles for the return legs, but not for the outbound legs. Correct fare classes. LX says we never flew the first two legs, but hmm, oh yes gee those are the names associated with those seats...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: AC E75K
Recently flew YYZ-BOG-LIM-CUZ on Aug 11 and LIM-BOG-YYZ on Aug 19 with BOG-LIM-CUZ on Taca and LIM-BOG on Avianca.

The miles for LIM-BOG posted on Aug 20, much faster than even the AC segments.
The miles for BOG-LIM-CUZ are still missing, so it looks like I'll have to do a manual submission.

On the bright side, got myself and my travel companion upgraded on the Taca/Avianca segments as a *G.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by AC888
Recently flew YYZ-BOG-LIM-CUZ on Aug 11 and LIM-BOG-YYZ on Aug 19 with BOG-LIM-CUZ on Taca and LIM-BOG on Avianca.

The miles for LIM-BOG posted on Aug 20, much faster than even the AC segments.
The miles for BOG-LIM-CUZ are still missing, so it looks like I'll have to do a manual submission.

On the bright side, got myself and my travel companion upgraded on the Taca/Avianca segments as a *G.
Sigh...what a mess.

1. Aeroplan did not contact me to let me know of the outcome of the investigation like they said they would.
2. But I happened to call in for another inquiry and decided to ask the agent to check in on the status of this request. Apparently Avianca rejected Aeroplan's claim with no explanation.
3. Aeroplan cannot locate the boarding pass copies I sent, so asked me to resend so that they can "escalate to Avianca".

This is quite annoying because I'm quite close to hitting SE for the first time, and with the missing miles plus a flight I'm booked on next week, I would be crossing the 100K threshold.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Sounds like a fun time, got your PM AC888. Still no resolution or posted. Yes AE lost my boarding passes too as I sent them to Montreal as top-tier says to do and Vancouver does the actual investigation. AE said they'd submit it manually but it would take 6-8 weeks, haven't bothered to call in to them but nothing has been posted yet. A coworker I flew with on the flights had his post to his program (non-AE account) no problem. It's funny as this isn't just one flight but multiple.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:19 am
Original Poster

I noticed you got upgraded for *G as well. I did too on one of the segments. I questioned my AE contact if that could be the problem as maybe the booking class they were searching for was incorrectly entered (flown different from booked). She said that wouldn't be a problem... but I don't know...?

Also one of the mights was canceled and I was reassigned to a new flight #... I questioned if that had caused an issue too? She said it shouldn't.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Over the past 2 weeks I have flown:

MEX-LIM-SJO-BOG-MEX (TA/LR/AV mix) and currently wrapping up MEX-PTY-MGA-GUA-PTY-MTY (CM).

The flights with TA and LR posted out of sequence and took up to 12 days to post, AV took 48 hours. CM hasnt even posted yet which surprises me since they apparently use backend software from United Mileage Plus which I thought was quicker.

As far as comp Star Gold upgrades go, CM and AV absolutely do not do this. However, one of my favourites, TA/LR did, in fact, twice. I received an upgrade on the long MEX-LIM and SJO-BOG and didnt on the LIM-SJO because the cabin was full which obviously was fine with me. The meal ex-MEX was awful, truly awful, but the meal ex-SJO was great and the cabin crew were also great.

The CM saga is ongoing. I had real trouble in MEX getting lounge access, as they stared at me blankly like they have never been asked before...perhaps they thought I should take the tram to Terminal 1 and the UA RCC? They were really clueless at checkin and she also entered my Aeroplan number into the PNR wrong since we have those additional useless and confusing parts to our Aeroplan cards...I am not looking forward to chasing those CM miles down.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:11 pm

I noticed you got upgraded for *G as well. I did too on one of the segments. I questioned my AE contact if that could be the problem as maybe the booking class they were searching for was incorrectly entered (flown different from booked). She said that wouldn't be a problem... but I don't know...?

Also one of the mights was canceled and I was reassigned to a new flight #... I questioned if that had caused an issue too? She said it shouldn't.
I don't think the *G upgrade was the issue because I was upgraded in both directions, and one posted while the other didn't. There were also no flight cancellations or changes in my case, so really not sure what could be causing this issue. Only thing I can think of is my Aeroplan account has my middle name in it, while my ticket/boarding pass didn't. But this has not affected the other legs on this trip or any of the 45 other legs that have been posted to my AE account this year. Sigh...

I was upgraded on both AV and TA segments, so I'm not sure about PointWeasel's declaration that AV absolutely does not do *G upgrades. In fact, both airlines were even nice enough to upgrade my travel companion, who has no status AND was traveling on a separate PNR.

Overall, my experience with both AV and TA was very pleasant. If only they can get their IT department together...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.