Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Avianca miles posting to Aeroplan - Let the saga (?) begin!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Okay, so really just killing some time before my flight home here... but since Avianca recently joined *A a week or two ago, and reading that Avianca's own FF program Lifemiles take forever (if at all) to post, I figured I would start a thread detailing my Aeroplan miles posting experience from Avianca.

Flew June 26th and 28th on Avianca domestically within Colombia. The agent added my Aeroplan FF # to the system when I showed her my card, but pre-fixed the number with an AV and not an AC on the boarding pass. Had to get it corrected in the before my flight.

Others may have questions in the future and I assume that not many AP members fly Avianca so hopefully this thread will be of help. We'll see, maybe they are excited about joining *A and will post them quickly... I'll report back on the situation once I find out more.

My experience w/ their staff has been positive. They seem excited about being a part of *A when asked, and I had no problems getting lounge access, bag tags, or exec checkin just by showing my *G card. Was flying domestically in Y and they also upgraded me to business for being *G.

On another note, Avianca currently has 2 brand new A320's sitting in Bogota in *A colours. The staff I spoke to said they are undergoing new delivery checks/training.

Last edited by bakersdozen; Jun 29, 2012 at 10:10 pm
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:21 pm

I like AV. Their disadvantage at the moment is the shambolic state of their terminal at BOG with the construction that is taking place amidst the explosion of traffic to the airport.

The first section of the new terminal is supposed to open in early Oct. It should improve things.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC E50k
Great! Thanks! I will be flying AV on the BOG-GRU route early August and will also keep you posted about my experience. Great to know that we can get lounge access flying Y... I was confused because de *A website lounge finder tool says you can't!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:07 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Slightly OT - there is also a thread on BD forum, how good AV/TA FF program is, link here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...mond-club.html

Warning: one would have to fly 10k miles on AV/TA metal to get status - otherwise the programs seems to be great.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Heh, this really should be fun. When I flew TACA (around the time of the AV/TA merger) in August 2011, I credited to Mileage Plus (they were partners even before *A). Of the 4 segments I flew, 1 credited 1 month later. United submitted multiple partner missing mileage claims. Over 6 months later they gave up and just credited me the miles without receiving a reply from TA
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
My Ethiopian flights never post....takes 2-4 months of emails and phone calls.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Hey I had trouble getting my Avianca flown miles to post on my Avianca Life Miles account (never did get my last flight). I sometimes think it is not worth the effort (unless you they are Q miles and it is tight . . .)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Update: One week and still nothing... but since this is a "saga" it would be a pretty poor one if they posted in one week

BB: They'll be Q miles, I should have something around 3000 of them posted for the 6 legs if the 500 mile minimum kicks in. That almost makes it worth it.

Last edited by bakersdozen; Jul 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dorian
My Ethiopian flights never post....takes 2-4 months of emails and phone calls.
Send a message attached to a donkey it'll probably reach Addis Abbbbaaaababa faster.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Over 2 weeks and still nothing posted. All my AC segments posted last week.

Thinking of intervening but I'll give them some more time... would like to see how this plays out naturally first.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Past the 3 week mark and still nothing. I guess my original suspicions of issues were correct.

Anyways I got annoyed of waiting and filled out the milage credit form w/ ticket number and boarding passes and mailed them into aeroplan to see if that'll speed anything up

Avianca isn't on the list as one of the airlines that the online milage credit form works for.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:23 am
Original Poster

5 weeks and nothing! I guess it's safe to say that be watchful of your miles when flying Avianca.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bakersdozen
5 weeks and nothing! I guess it's safe to say that be watchful of your miles when flying Avianca.
I don't think we should jump to conclusions, be patient, you have sent your details to Aeroplan.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

...!

I got a letter back from Aeroplan today saying.

"We are unable to credit your flights to your account. There is no record with the airline for the passenger name submitted. If the name was incorrectly entered please resubmit your request with the name as it appears on your ticket"

Um seriously? I SENT in the original boarding passes with the name I traveled under a copy of the AMEX eReceipt w/ ticket # showing my name as booked... as well as all the other billing and travel details into Aeroplan.

Did they not even LOOK at these or is Avianca saying I never traveled?!?! What more do they want? Look at the damn original boarding passes I sent in.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like there was a discrepancy in the name your booked your ticket with and your FFP account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.