Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
mountaingrl, that's interesting.

As it turns out, it my flight was still J6 in the morning, so I went to SFO and made the change here. As expected, they wouldn't budge on the $75, even though I had a copy of my booking that said SDC was free. Not wanting to sgue for an hour, I paid the fee and asked for a receipt. I'll deal with this after my trip.
What is it with SFO? I was on a full J flight pass and they wouldn't do a SDC for free...

Even when you show them the website and the Executive Class Flexible column clearly shows they are complimentary. All got was a blank stare and "Well when we do SDC's we ALWAYS charge $75"
Old May 30, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by mikeym
What is it with SFO? I was on a full J flight pass and they wouldn't do a SDC for free...

Even when you show them the website and the Executive Class Flexible column clearly shows they are complimentary. All got was a blank stare and "Well when we do SDC's we ALWAYS charge $75"
mountaingrl, that's interesting.

As it turns out, it my flight was still J6 in the morning, so I went to SFO and made the change here. As expected, they wouldn't budge on the $75, even though I had a copy of my booking that said SDC was free. Not wanting to sgue for an hour, I paid the fee and asked for a receipt. I'll deal with this after my trip.
Sounds like there's a systemic problem at SFO (except for my two favourite check in agents, I really don't like AC at SFO). You two should definitely write in about it -- or go straight to the top to Benx2 or Andrew
Old May 31, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by run&fly
Hi all,

On one of my next flights, I will be over the Pacific at the time I have to request an upgrade for the return flight. Do you think that the concierge (at YVR in this case) will accept to request the upgrade for me? I can ask them in person as my outbound flight is at T-7.2 days!

Thanks!

R&F
Any other opinion or experience about this?

Thanks Rehoult!

R&F
Old May 31, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by maradori
Sounds like there's a systemic problem at SFO (except for my two favourite check in agents, I really don't like AC at SFO). You two should definitely write in about it -- or go straight to the top to Benx2 or Andrew
This also happens at FRA
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: Free Agent
Kudos to YYZ concierge staff (not my home airport):
late inbound international flight; called to advise I could make the connecting domestic albeit close to gate close. Grace verified I had Nexus and no checked bags. They called every couple of minutes, tracking my progress through Intl arrivals, domestic security. Smiles for all at the gate as they closed the door behind me.
That is what I call looking after your FF!
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The concierge in ZRH can tell you exactly where to go after you check in, and then you can ignore her and go somewhere else, and then run when you realize you have to clear immigration and take a train between the Swiss lounge and your flight

The YYZ concierge can say hello to you in the lounge, sparking a really awkward conversation because she thinks you don't know who she is
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I got 2 phone calls from Anne at the YYC office to let me know about the delay on AC9 today.
She explained that a mechanical part was needed and had to be flown in from YVR, what to me it was expected to arrive and how long it should take to fix and expected departure time!
It is a nice feeling that they actually care about us (at least at the smaller airports)
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
ZRH Experiences

I guess this could belong in the "Thanks" thread, but anyway:

When departing ZRH a few weeks ago, the concierge stood in line and thanked all the elites and J pax.

One of the ZRH concierges met me as I got off the plane the other day. I was the only SE on board, I think (that or she ignored the other SEs). She accompanied me to the train and all the way to the security checkpoint.

Turns out she grew up in Toronto, moved to Switzerland, and when a friend told her that an AC concierge position was available, she applied successfully.

After she answered all my touristy questions about Zurich and Geneva, I asked why she was walking me all that distance and she replied that there was only one AC flight from Toronto and that they wanted to show their appreciation for my business.

Not necessary, but for the friendly chat and welcome, it was a nice touch, AC. ^

The concierge in ZRH can tell you exactly where to go after you check in, and then you can ignore her and go somewhere else, and then run when you realize you have to clear immigration and take a train between the Swiss lounge and your flight
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I guess this could belong in the "Thanks" thread, but anyway:

When departing ZRH a few weeks ago, the concierge stood in line and thanked all the elites and J pax.

One of the ZRH concierges met me as I got off the plane the other day. I was the only SE on board, I think (that or she ignored the other SEs). She accompanied me to the train and all the way to the security checkpoint.

Turns out she grew up in Toronto, moved to Switzerland, and when a friend told her that an AC concierge position was available, she applied successfully.

After she answered all my touristy questions about Zurich and Geneva, I asked why she was walking me all that distance and she replied that there was only one AC flight from Toronto and that they wanted to show their appreciation for my business.

Not necessary, but for the friendly chat and welcome, it was a nice touch, AC. ^
I had the same experience with Marina when I landed in ZRH two weeks ago. I had emailed with a simple question, and she replied and said she'd meet me and walk me to where I needed to go. Through security, through immigration, and to the Swiss lounge where I waited for my connecting flight
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:37 pm

Now that I think about it, she or either one of her two colleagues kept mentioning repeatedly that I could enjoy the Swiss lounge.

As I was still stuffed from the meals onboard, I just waved her off prior to the passport control checkpoint and she headed back to the midfield terminal.

I had the same experience with Marina when I landed in ZRH two weeks ago. I had emailed with a simple question, and she replied and said she'd meet me and walk me to where I needed to go. Through security, through immigration, and to the Swiss lounge where I waited for my connecting flight
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The other day, the concierges were kind enough to check me in at YYZ and print my boarding pass for me. I even got a smile!

It's so great being an AC SE. Look at the perks!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: Irrelevant
What exactly does the AC concierge do?

Not much anymore - based on my recent anecdotal experiences.

Last week was not the best of weeks YYZ/YUL due to weather and equipment issues - either full blown breakdowns where the plane is taken out of service to some d-bag maintenance guy releasing a plane missing its wing inspection cover plate - only to be discovered by the ground crew on push back - not sure how the pilot missed that during the walk around inspection.

In any case, the YYZ concierges seemed quite content to hide behind voicemail and not bother returning calls until after I was in the air or already landed at the other airport.

Another case last week, 425 was cancelled due to weather, no biggie, I wasn't even aware it was cancelled until i tried to reprint my boarding pass.

When I couldn't I got the typical <sarcasm> extremely descriptive error message on the AC website telling me what the issue was </sarcasm> so I called the concierge number to see what's up - since it was T-50 for scheduled departure I wanted to know if I should eat supper in YUL or not.

No answer of course, no call back after 15 minutes, so I called the SE desk, found out I was not put on any of the later flights that day and was told there were no seats for me until the following day! This was a full J ticket on a flight pass too! *sigh*
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:33 am

Marina looks like Cathy/Kathy. That's why I got them mixed up! Marina was there today and when I asked her to thank her colleague, she asked "The one who looks like me, right?".

Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Marina looks like Cathy/Kathy. That's why I got them mixed up! Marina was there today and when I asked her to thank her colleague, she asked "The one who looks like me, right?".
Yeah, when Cathy approached me at check-in, I had to double check her name tag

I asked her if Marina was there, and she kind of did a double take, asked for my name, pulled out her manifest, and then said "Oh you're going to San Francisco! Yes, Marina's at the gate."

Apparently whether someone is at work or not can only be divulged to Super Elites
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Elite

This past week, my sister and my 88 year old grandmother were flying to YYZ from an airport out west. I booked them Y class tickets via AE. Neither of them have any status whatsoever.

There are no concierges in the city they flew from and I didn't call YYZ concierges. I did mark down my grandmother to have special assistance.

They were given priority tags for their luggage, and at the gate they were called up and given business class tickets. The plane was not full, business class was full though.

Was this some delightful glitch or did perhaps a concierge in YYZ help them out?

Last edited by Prewrappedbacon; Jun 9, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.