Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else already (or is possibly the stupidest question asked).

I'll be SE for the first time next year and was wondering if I can also call the concierges if I'm not flying AC but am passing through an airport where there are concierges?

Thanks! Sorry if this is a stupid question..
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by ffly
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else already (or is possibly the stupidest question asked).

I'll be SE for the first time next year and was wondering if I can also call the concierges if I'm not flying AC but am passing through an airport where there are concierges?

Presumably no, but if it's something simple, like calling the departure gate to tell them you are late, they might help.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you TelFunku!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by TelFunku

Presumably no, but if it's something simple, like calling the departure gate to tell them you are late, they might help.
Hmm what if its a codeshare flight? Like a UA ticket on AC metal or vice versa.

Does anyone have experience being helped by concierges on non AC tickets and/or metal?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday

Does anyone have experience being helped by concierges on non AC tickets and/or metal?
Sort of. In ZRH, on LH to FRA, connecting to AC flight home. LH flight was cancelled, no way to make connection in FRA. Even though it was an LH problem, the AC concierge in ZRH helped out, and got me onto the AC ZRH-YYZ flight (which was oversold). It was very complex, took a lot of work (I'm skipping lots of details), and ended up with me getting home on time, and in J!^
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I remember one time I was flying SQ to CDG, we lost an engine and made an
emergency landing in FRA. The AC concierge was very helpful in making my
arrangements, and re-issuing ticket.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday

Last February I was coming home from South Africa through JFK and most of the outgoing flights were cancelled. I was connecting on AA from SA and I phoned the concierge who got me on an AC flight (it was cancelled too!).
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton LTD, GE/Nexus
There is only one reason that I will stay with AC/AE SE. Concierge.
Whether AC or other tickets, when AC Metal, they are there. More than once a year, it is the difference between a Friday night away or home. What do they do? They are the very real reason for SE. Worth a MR. Worth some extra segments. Worth their weight in gold.
Don't post much but I thank you all, a few in particular.
For all the help, for the consideration, for the extra effort, I thank you. You are the only reason I stay. The ONLY.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold

I have used them while almost and then mis-connecting in ORD on a United 016 ticket with no AC metal at all.

They are great in ORD, no question.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So I'm flying SFO-YVR-YYZ-YOW on Saturday, and there's a travel advisory for both YYZ and YOW.

Do I need to do anything to alert the concierge(s) that I'll be coming through, or will they be proactively looking out for me?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So I'm flying SFO-YVR-YYZ-YOW on Saturday, and there's a travel advisory for both YYZ and YOW.

Do I need to do anything to alert the concierge(s) that I'll be coming through, or will they be proactively looking out for me?
YYZ concierge? Good luck. YOW won't (automatically) care since you have no flight departing from there.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by TheMachine999
YYZ concierge? Good luck. YOW won't (automatically) care since you have no flight departing from there.
Meh. Guess I'll wait until Saturday and talk to someone in YVR if the weather is looking bad.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

The system would flag any SE connection issues for them automatically; however, when weather is involved in YYZ, that list could easily have 100 people on it. So... while you don't need to warn them you are coming, if you become aware of a likely misconnect in YYZ (say, while in YVR), it's worth reaching out to ask for assistance (ideally, with a proposed solution, as that's the quickest way to get a resolution).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
The system would flag any SE connection issues for them automatically; however, when weather is involved in YYZ, that list could easily have 100 people on it. So... while you don't need to warn them you are coming, if you become aware of a likely misconnect in YYZ (say, while in YVR), it's worth reaching out to ask for assistance (ideally, with a proposed solution, as that's the quickest way to get a resolution).
Okay, thanks. Hopefully I never need a concierge
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jdebeer
The information from AC is a bit vague. http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...concierge.html

Can someone give me practical examples of ways they "assist" (or have assisted) with the various services mentioned?

I fly J often, and have never (to my knowledge) used these services, which were apparently available to me. Maybe I should have?

Now I'm SE for the first time, and its seems like this is marketed as one of the primary perks. Is it really?

In particular, it says they can help with upgrades ... might they have more clout with *A partners in requesting discretionary upgrades? (E.g. When connecting from an AC-upgraded flight to LH or UA or SAA for the final leg?) Or upgrading travel companions?
If you are a tango fare paying Super Elite, there is not much they can do for you unless you pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.