Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 2012 Benefits Announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
When did you get your 25th segment. Sweep would have been first week of December to get the first batch of qualifiers.
December 2, so perhaps just a nudge too late to get in on that sweep.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
You mean this? -> http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...eupgrades.html

IIRC the chart is still looks the same, except they changed to the minus sign banner.
the heading of the pop-up still says 2011, but i think it's the 2012 chart with all the minus signs

PS. i've updated my details on the left as per AC, now i'm an E-, hopefully will still get some free E+ seats on UA
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by wwtsang
PS. i've updated my details on the left as per AC, now i'm an E-
haha.. good one... Too bad you can't do [-
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by PhotoJim
December 2, so perhaps just a nudge too late to get in on that sweep.
Actually, the sweep may have been November 22nd because that was the date referred to in the email letter we received from Ben Smith last month (on the 24th) where he acknowledged those of us who had qualified/requalified for specific tier.

Last edited by Shareholder; Dec 16, 2011 at 10:40 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by travelblond
Additionally, note that this year, an Aeroplan Member, regardless of their Air Canada Top Tier status, can only be identified as an eUpgrade Nominee by one Air Canada Top Tier member.
Wow. That's going to have quite an impact on the flight pass program, since you can't merge PNR's after booking them and end up having to make them a nominee; do it once, and they are locked.

Last edited by mountainboy; Dec 16, 2011 at 10:47 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
Choices made and good to see not more devaluation other than the 2000 free miles are not status. AC probably doesn't want those people that scrape by on the bare minimum to make E of 33K miles. I guess AC is gearing up for the 50K elite level which I will not rush to make if they go that route!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by greenlotus
Choices made and good to see not more devaluation other than the 2000 free miles are not status. AC probably doesn't want those people that scrape by on the bare minimum to make E of 33K miles. I guess AC is gearing up for the 50K elite level which I will not rush to make if they go that route!
Agree.... AP wants to get rid of the "bottom feeders" (flame > /dev/nul)

I really hope they are going to up the requirement for E to 50k... How about just 38k?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Omnious changes to the 2013 program.

I would expect a change to 50k for Star Gold, even though AC is not price competitive with EQM's through travel or credit card spend with USA carriers. I figure that their flight price points are not competitive on many routes so why should their FFP be?!? (Laughing).

I also suspect that it may have been coming this year, but due to a number of factors, they postponed the changes. Perhaps this was due to lessened spend on the part of some frequent flyers like me (more laughing). I went out of my way to spend elsewhere as I am sure many of you did so perhaps they are seeing if there is any bounceback. .

Who knows, they can always adjust the value proposition when 2013 actually arrives to meet their needs.
I would expect a major uplift in the number of AC segments/miles required for E/SE. Lets say 20,000 status miles for E on AC metal, and 50,000 status miles on AC metal for SE.

I fear that SE might go to 150,000 status miles.

There are also some changes to IKK for this year, if I am not mistaken.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by wwtsang
the heading of the pop-up still says 2011, but i think it's the 2012 chart with all the minus signs

PS. i've updated my details on the left as per AC, now i'm an E-
Indeed. The minus sign is a reference to how, each year, they subtract a few more top-tier benefits
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by okazon69
Here's one that is bound to make some people unhappy:

... an Aeroplan Member, regardless of their Air Canada Top Tier status, can only be identified as an eUpgrade Nominee by one Air Canada Top Tier member.

So no more asking for spare eUpgrades around here.
They're just closing a loophole with people exploiting the system. Don't see any issues with this.

They've also closed the loophole with people double selecting benefits. If you're P or E, they won't let you select until after the year closes.

Originally Posted by eman384
In bundle 2 you don't get status miles as compared to 2011
Then the reduction of status miles in the first bundle adds to the devaluation In my opinion
This sucks, and I think they've opened the door to do it to the other two bundles in the future. IMO they should have replaced it with a 10 or 15% code which would at least make it somewhat useful.

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Welcome to expanded Aerolotto Prestige members, make sure you have blood pressure regularly check to prevent a heart attack..... more people fighting for R space and whining not enough J seats.......
Shouldn't be an issue as long as you request your upgrade before the 2 day window as you'll have priority. Also, I find most R space is gone at T-2 days anyway so it'll clear at the gate.

My hunch is allowing P to upgrade is related to the 2013 program changes they'll be announcing. Specifically raising E to 50,000, and potentially introducing COS for Latitude fares.

Originally Posted by ridefar
I would expect a major uplift in the number of AC segments/miles required for E/SE. Lets say 20,000 status miles for E on AC metal, and 50,000 status miles on AC metal for SE.
No issue with this, although that's a bit steep. Probably 10k, 20k and 30k seems a bit more reasonable.

Would have actually liked some improvements to the program. Some minor cuts, and the only noticeable improvement is Prestige being allowed to upgrade. Altogether I'm underwhelmed.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Omnious changes to the 2013 program.
I think that unless folks need some eUpgrade credits for upcoming reservations, they should hold off on selecting their benefits until the 2013 program qualification details are announced. It might make those few status miles offered a little more important!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
The automatic 15k bonus miles at 150k threshold is insulting. Most of you may not care, but why do that minor claw back? Really? AC/AE have just too many people hitting 150k and they're doling out too many gifts and bonus miles? It basically says to me, "here, we aren't changing the program but we had to make some claw-backs just to keep you on your toes."

I know many of you will find this trivial and unimportant, but I think it's a slap to those of us that fly between 150 and 200k per year.

As for the rest of the program...whatever. Glad it there weren't other disappointments.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
For those interested, there is a new offer targeted at SE from Fairmont.

Only 1 stay at one of the International Fairmont Hotels brings you to Platimum level until Dec 31 2013! This is not bad. Details under the SE Special offers section.

The offer for getting HHonors Gold status by doing 6 stays in 90 days is still there.

Last edited by 767300ER; Dec 16, 2011 at 11:26 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Not so sure E will move up to 50K for 2013/14 given the changes we are seeing by the addition of Tango fares to international routes. This means that many of those who earn Elite on two trips to Asia from eastern Canada and book the lowest fare will end up as Prestige and not Elite. If they opt to pay for T+, AC gets a few hundred more to compensate for additional benefits. This should somewhat reduce the number of Elites, thus reducing AC's costs of maintaining them as STARGolds: Ergo becoming a self-regulating process.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by greenlotus
If they raise the level to 50k, then they have effectively raised it 17k miles : from 33k (if you chose the 2000 bonus miles before) to 50k (no bonus miles in bundle 2).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.