Wiki Posts
Search

New 2012 Benefits Announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Global guy
With this advance notice that the 2013 program will change, including... the qualification criteria for each tier level.. does it not make sense to wait for that news (at least for some of us who are cutting it close) before choosing the 2012 benefits and possibly make the wrong choice by not choosing status miles for example?
I am glad there has not been any devaluation of this year's program but this advance notice sounds ominous...and pregnant with bad news.
Interesting. If I had to guess Iīd assume the changes include:

- 125% status miles for Latitude fares
- 150%-200% status miles for business class
- 50k status miles required for E (vs. 35k status miles now) (still hope this wonīt happen, but itīs quite likely if 1 and 2 happen)
- possibly some extra benefits / additional tier for those spending too much money or earning >250k status miles per year
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Free Agent
not sure why they couldn't have released this months ago as it seems pretty close to 2011program.
AND to tease with 2013 potential options changes with a whole 11ish months for us to speculate (all good!! all bad!!) - someone in marketing/loyalty is going to make Santa's naughty list!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
No announcement at all here, we just find out with the rest of the masses. I guess AC has decided to abandon FT -- don't want to put their face on this years program after last years fun. Where's the love?

A few small steps backwards, but not a lot of change. The lack of status miles bonus in bundle two is a hit -- I guess my family will enjoy the lounge passes as not going to waste a choice for a few lousy non-status miles. 15k miles at 150k status is another hit, but don't expect to get there again next year.

Intrigued by the 2013 changes. Must be big as they are not even publishing 2013 qualification criteria. Let's hope we don't see a revenue based system or I will cross border shopping for a new program. Good on them telling us before we start crediting our 2012 miles.

First AE makes it smart to empty your account and now AC is going to change the program. Might be pretty easy to start and end they year at 0.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Global guy
With this advance notice that the 2013 program will change, including... the qualification criteria for each tier level.. does it not make sense to wait for that news (at least for some of us who are cutting it close) before choosing the 2012 benefits and possibly make the wrong choice by not choosing status miles for example?
I am glad there has not been any devaluation of this year's program but this advance notice sounds ominous...and pregnant with bad news.
This innocent looking announcement is the kicker. As I read this thread, I was wondering why it took so long (Dec 16) to essentially announce mere tinkering with the 2012 program.

But the imminent (by end of 2011, ie, within days) announcement of 2013 changes (and that's the word used along with specific inclusion of top tier levels), it's obvious that some significant "enhancements" are in the works. I guess the good news is that they are actually going to give advance notice, not sneak them in at the last minute (that is in fact progress!).

If I was a betting man, I would guess that they wanted to do it this year (hence the late announcement of an essentially status quo 2012), but hope to finalize the planned changes now for implementation in 2013.

I also think that they are emboldened by successfully implementing preference for LMU's over Eupgrades - hate to say it, but I expected FT to go to town on that, and it fizzled IMHO, so watch out!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Great, Now we got prestige members fighting for upgrades in NA. Great for prestige, crap for E/SE's.

Overall no hate on my end, though a little worried about the 2013 changes. Guess I better plan for 50k status miles travelled next year....
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morphius909
Great, Now we got prestige members fighting for upgrades in NA. Great for prestige, crap for E/SE's.
Iīm not sure how this change will have any effect on E/SEs. Itīs my understands E/SEs will always be upgraded before Ps, so Ps will now be able to upgrade two NA flights per year when the seat would otherwise go empty. Or am I missing something?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Suppose that is probably okay. Still two day window for them I presume!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
No announcement at all here, we just find out with the rest of the masses. I guess AC has decided to abandon FT -- don't want to put their face on this years program after last years fun. Where's the love?

A few small steps backwards, but not a lot of change. The lack of status miles bonus in bundle two is a hit -- I guess my family will enjoy the lounge passes as not going to waste a choice for a few lousy non-status miles. 15k miles at 150k status is another hit, but don't expect to get there again next year.

Intrigued by the 2013 changes. Must be big as they are not even publishing 2013 qualification criteria. Let's hope we don't see a revenue based system or I will cross border shopping for a new program. Good on them telling us before we start crediting our 2012 miles.

First AE makes it smart to empty your account and now AC is going to change the program. Might be pretty easy to start and end they year at 0.
Communication is becoming an epic fail from last year. Surprised it wasn't announced here online.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: FT
is this the first year there has been no AC heads up post. oh well, who cares in any case.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkjr
is this the first year there has been no AC heads up post. oh well, who cares in any case.
AC has indeed left the FT building.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:09 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Nice enhancements.

Note SEs will get 30 e-credits at the 100k threshold.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Nice enhancements.

Note SEs will get 30 e-credits at the 100k threshold.
Thatīs no different from this year. SEs got 30 upgrade credit when crossing the 100k status miles threshold.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by nowinyow
Just completed my choices.

One thing new, at least for SE, is to choose luggage tags with name OR with name and address. I don't remember that being an option before.

All in all, I'm happy.
So I guess they listen... Remember everyone was pissed off when we got our tags for 2011?

Originally Posted by eman384
What's the different between Air Canada status miles and aeroplan miles?
Now we can select non status aeroplan miles?
I can't get to the site to see it yet I'm trying to get it from FT
The main different is the "free" status mile save you some BIS time and save the environment from some useless MR just try to make it to next level.

I was one of those counting on the status mile for next year, as I don't have much vacation days left for revenue ticket flights.

Originally Posted by YYZC2
RE: the 15K bonus for flying 150K status miles... didn't that used to be 25K? I earned it once...
Yup, I recall reading that just few days ago too. But no impact to me, since I will not be crossing 150k

Originally Posted by avmca2050
Looks like they will also preview the 2013 programs and perhaps new 2013 qualification requirements.

Our 2013 program

By the end of December 2011, we’ll be announcing details about the 2013 Air Canada Top Tier Program, including:

Some key program changes
Qualification criteria for each tier level
Overview of the benefits
Keep an eye out for an e-mail from Air Canada, visit aircanada.com/toptier2013, or follow us on Twitter @ACTopTier
Why are they holding back??! This is the key that will make or break my decision to stay with AC FFP for 2013.

I am already border line making 35k for next year (well due to the reward RTW trip) If it is as everybody suggested/guessed they up E requirement to 50k, then I will very likely jump ship. (And perhaps that's what AP wants, one less member, another cost reduction)

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Welcome to expanded Aerolotto Prestige members, make sure you have blood pressure regularly check to prevent a heart attack..... more people fighting for R space and whining not enough J seats.......
Nah. SE/E will be ahead of P anyway, no worries. (Unless they have not fix the WL glitch!!!)

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Nice little bonus on the day I dragged my sorry corpse into Prestige. Now all I need to do is find flights where J is empty...oh.
Good luck. But you get the idea, since next year will be R0J9.. haha

Originally Posted by morphius909
Communication is becoming an epic fail from last year. Surprised it wasn't announced here online.
Not a surprise at all. As FB and Twitter is gaining more popular and AC/AP decided to spend their effort on social media. That's the trend. Media outlet will most likely pick up the stories from social media than some public forum these days.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I still find it unfair. Elites get 35 eUpgrades for flying 35K, so Super Elites should get 100 for flying 100K. That would make sense.
Also disappointed that the Flight Pass purchase option is only 12 credits. Used to be two SSWUs, so at least 28 up to 34 credits value.

Glad that they'll announce changes for 2013 this month. That should be the standard before you fly a year and get dissapointed with changes to the status programme. ^ It leaves you with the option to move your flying to another FF programme. Hopefully won't have to, though.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:35 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thatīs no different from this year. SEs got 30 upgrade credit when crossing the 100k status miles threshold.
I stand corrected. I thought it was just 15 ecredits but the 2011 details are now gone.

Re TAM bonus, great but this airline has tracking problems. Once they claimed I was not on a flight and refused me mileage even though I had the ticket and the boarding pass!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.