Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by headhunter
YUL for Canada Day....ah, U-Haul heaven
Seems ironic spending Canada day in Quebec...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Do you speak Spanish
Mexico 52 55 9138 0280 open 24 hours 7 days/week
No I do speak German, but those lines are only open M-F.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
Unless that is specific to AP/reward tickets.... for most revenue tickets I always thought it was one year from the date of the first sector.
Perhaps someone more knowledgable can confirm, but I always thought that for both revenue and reward tickets, the key date was the ticket issue date.

From the AP Terms and Conditions:
42. Provided that you cancel or change your booking a minimum of two hours before departure, your unused reward tickets will remain valid for one year from the date of their original issue.
https://www1.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Smile Amazing deals

I managed today (all ticketed) a mini RTW YYC-YVR-PEK-BKK stop IST stop CDG-YUL-YYC all business class for 75,000 and $187.
Also did a YYC-MEX-YYC in Bus for two at 80,000 and a YYC-FRA-HEL stop- CPH Stop -back to YYC in First and business for 2 210,000 and $375. Cleaned out my points for now...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:20 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been up all night working on routings, and finally I pulled the trigger on the following, departing this week:

YYC-(AC)-YVR-(NZ)-AKL (10-day stop)
AKL-(NZ)-HKG-(SQ)-SIN (7-day stop)
SIN-(UA)-ORD-(UA)-YYC

The only segment I couldn't get in Business was the final ORD-YYC hop on United....so looks like coach for me, but I can't really complain.

Taxes came out to $210.86 CAD for the itinerary....$43.00 of that is stated as YQ....does anyone know which airline? The AC YYC-YVR segment can't be that bad, can it?

Looking forward to my first trip to NZ! Thanks for the tips, everyone!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Thanks for the heads up! Something is definitely going on today. So far I have found availability for my wife join me on a trip returning on the final Sunday of March break through EWR to YYZ. I also found room at the front of the cabin for a YYZ IAD segment that was in Y for my mini RTW in May. On hold for the last half hour or so with AE to try and change the other, but I have to wonder if there's been a massive IT screw up and these flights are not in fact available. While on hold also saw YYZ-YVR-HNL in J for 45,000 and YVR-YYZ in J for 25,000. My daughter who goes to school in Vancouver will be happy to travel in J.

I am down to 8,000 points
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:45 pm

Is this only ex-N. America? Itineraries from Asia don't seem to price at the lower rate online.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:56 pm

If anybody remember the AC YYZ-MEX mistake fare from years back... you'll remember that AC didn't honor the deal.

So hard to say what AP will do at this point.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by pr0digy25

So hard to say what AP will do at this point.
sorry, would have to disagree here

It would be pretty hard to weasel out of tickets booked on the phone thru Aeroplan reps who've been telling people all day that its a "promo"!!!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:13 pm

Hopefully... but corporations have weaseled their way out of tighter spots before.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by roadtripman
Hey everyone,

I've been up all night working on routings, and finally I pulled the trigger on the following, departing this week:

YYC-(AC)-YVR-(NZ)-AKL (10-day stop)
AKL-(NZ)-HKG-(SQ)-SIN (7-day stop)
SIN-(UA)-ORD-(UA)-YYC

The only segment I couldn't get in Business was the final ORD-YYC hop on United....so looks like coach for me, but I can't really complain.

Taxes came out to $210.86 CAD for the itinerary....$43.00 of that is stated as YQ....does anyone know which airline? The AC YYC-YVR segment can't be that bad, can it?

Looking forward to my first trip to NZ! Thanks for the tips, everyone!
wow! i was looking up and down and couldnt find any Air NZ J class for long hauls nor much long hauls without priority plus rewards in J to NZ/Aussie
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by rankourabu
sorry, would have to disagree here

It would be pretty hard to weasel out of tickets booked on the phone thru Aeroplan reps who've been telling people all day that its a "promo"!!!
I am currently on the phone with a pleasant agent in YVR who also said its a Limited Time Only offer that could end at any moment.

He indicated that once the promotion ends, any routing or timing changes would re-instate the regular redemption amount from the original account.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,
Hi Guys,

Bit more info from an agent.

- It's definitely a promo, AC has issued a memo to all agents, so tickets will for sure be honoured.
- They don't know when promo will end.
- It is not a published promo (makes it sounds like it was a mistake originally)
- Any changes to the ticket after the promo ends will result in being charged the proper miles. She didn't know for sure how that would work in the scenario of having an empty account, possibly forcing you to pay the equivalent cost of buying the miles?
- I got her to price cancelling my Mini RTW and re booking and fees would go from $378 to over $1000.
- You must begin your journey 1 year from issue date of ticket.

She warned me the point about charging full miles if any changes are made will be written on your ticket and verbally told to you before confirming your booking. Sounds like they are really trying to control this from getting out of control.

I still may gable and try to book something for next year... $90 if I end up having to refund it.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I am currently on the phone with a pleasant agent in YVR who also said its a Limited Time Only offer that could end at any moment.

He indicated that once the promotion ends, any routing or timing changes would re-instate the regular redemption amount from the original account.
LOL love the "limited time only and DONT KNOW WHEN IT ENDS?" hahahaahahaha IT monkeys must be programming it now..... Tell them Monday 11am!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
I zeoroed out two accounts sending some family members cross country. Good thing too the mileage was set to expire next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.