Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I was under the impression the hotel stopover program was for forced overnight stays, not intentional bookings.

TK did the same thing, amd went as far as telling me that if I stretched the stopover, I wouldnt get a hotel even if my routing was eligible (ie, shortest connection time made me eligible, but could not stay an extra 6h).
I would say that you can use it on overnights due to schedule but they do specifically allow planned overnights as well. Just an exclusion on "Multi-city" which is a strange one as I'm not sure what the economics of it all are and why there would be such a rule - - but I was caught up in it.

I will keep trying but for now - will have to book something on my own.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
P class booking, arriving YYZ just before 0700 and departing just after 2000:

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport - Free
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre - Free
Sandman Signature Toronto - $13.00
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga - $20.00

I'd obviously prefer the Sheraton Gateway, but I guess I'll survive.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:01 pm

Can we use the stopover program if we bought our ticket from 3rd party? Such as expedia and cheapoair. The flights would only use air canada airline, so I assume it should have the same benefits, but I want to check ahead if anyone had issues.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:44 pm
alc

Originally Posted by caca24
Can we use the stopover program if we bought our ticket from 3rd party? Such as expedia and cheapoair. The flights would only use air canada airline, so I assume it should have the same benefits, but I want to check ahead if anyone had issues.
from FAQ:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../stopover.html

How do I know if I’m eligible for Air Canada Stopover?

You’ll be offered the Air Canada Stopover option when you purchase a one-way or round-trip ticket (any fare) at aircanada.com or through your travel agent, provided:

Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by caca24
As your first post, welcome to FT!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:23 am

Was unaware of this program but sounds interesting...

Is it available for reward tickets in business? I assume not but there is no mention of it on the website. When entering an upcoming booking, it brings up the itinerary and gives me the option to search for a hotel but then when clicking continue gives me an IT error message. Unsure if it's because of poor AC IT or ticket is not eligible.

Last edited by bcnfish; Oct 5, 2017 at 1:36 am
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by bcnfish
Was unaware of this program but sounds interesting...

Is it available for reward tickets in business? I assume not but there is no mention of it on the website. When entering an upcoming booking, it brings up the itinerary and gives me the option to search for a hotel but then when clicking continue gives me an IT error message. Unsure if it's because of poor AC IT or ticket is not eligible.
https://www.aircanada.com/hk/en/aco/.../stopover.html

You’ll be offered the Air Canada Stopover option when you purchase a one-way or round-trip ticket (any fare) at aircanada.com or through your travel agent
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:08 am

I have just tried with 2 separate itineraries (both Aeroplan) and am receiving the following error message after trying to continue with the hotel:

Due to a technical issue, we are unfortunately not able to complete your request. Please try again, or contact Air Canada Vacations.

Anyone else able to successfully book right now?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:26 am

FYI just spoke with ACV and the reason it can't be booked is because no rates for 2018 have been loaded into the system yet. She said this will happen October 31st and then any bookings for 2018 can be made.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:56 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Rates for January 2018 have been loaded.

It seems the rates offered are pre-pay. Are these bookings flexible and refundable if my travel plans change?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I just booked a flight 2 days ago, and reserved the Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport prior to a TPAC flight in January, so no problems here.

I had a choice of the Sandman Hotel, Holiday Inn, and the more fancy Sandman Hotel ($99 additional rate).
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
P class booking, arriving YYZ just before 0700 and departing just after 2000:

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre - Free
Sandman Signature Toronto - $13.00
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga - $20.00

I'd obviously prefer the Sheraton Gateway, but I guess I'll survive.
I didn't book, and here's what it shows now:

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga - $21.00

What happens if the Holiday Inn sells out?

Is there always going to be a free one for a P fare? Or will I be stuck paying?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
I just booked my stopover (for end of Jan) and it seems that AC has "enhanced" its program. We are in rouge premium and was offered 3 hotels, all had a charge of at least $48/person for one room (Sandman I think) and $78 for the Holiday Inn. The hotels were just loaded into the system. Last time I used the program and flew premium the hotels were free or a slight surcharge for the Sheraton Gateway.
@ escape yes the charges are refundable but may not be flexible if the rooms sell out.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:27 am

Mine was interesting. I landed Saturday at 6am, and I departed Saturday at 8pm.

My confirmation said one night, with check-in Saturday and checkout Sunday.

I showed up to the hotel before 7am, and was basically told I was lucky they had a room available. Check-in doesn't normally start until 3pm.

I don't know why they bother advertising it on connections like that if the hotels aren't likely to let you in that early.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:56 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't know why they bother advertising it on connections like that if the hotels aren't likely to let you in that early.
Because AC's IT people couldn't figure out how to analyze connections, hotel check-in times and the relation between the two with that kind of sophistication?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.