Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: LH Senator
Flying in 2 weeks via Toronto - Sheraton at terminal 3 was one of 8 options I had ( for 50$ fee, still worth it I think), some hotels were for free - but Im flying in Business
On return in economy - hotels from 49$, Sheraton for 210 $ (all Canadian $ of course)
Just in case if it could be useful for someone.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:23 pm

Is it possible to get a hotel more than once in the same direction of travel?
<24hour connection in each of YVR, YYZ & YUL?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: LH Senator
Originally Posted by tracon
I would be really surprised, but as you can see you can book different hotels on each leg

https://www.aircanada.com/fr/en/aco/.../stopover.html
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Two domestics in the same direction implies that one of them can only be considered at most a 4 hour (domestic) connection... and the stopover program is for longer than 6 hours... so not sure how this would work?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Two domestics in the same direction implies that one of them can only be considered at most a 4 hour (domestic) connection... and the stopover program is for longer than 6 hours... so not sure how this would work?
Domestic connections can be up to 24h if they're part of an int'l itinerary.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Domestic connections can be up to 24h if they're part of an int'l itinerary.
I always thought only for the domestic city that you are arriving from or departing to international... I guess I was wrong in that thinking!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Question about Sheraton Gateway YYZ as part of AC stopover program

This is my first experience using the AC stopover program, and I was hoping someone with experience can help me. I have a booking at the YYZ Sheraton Gateway terminal 3 as part of a connection through YYZ to FCO. I received a voucher from ACV which I am supposed to give to the hotel. On the voucher, it shows check in on one day with a check out the following day, however I am using the room as a day room (with an 11AM arrival and 9PM departure from YYZ). When I called the Sheraton, they said their check in is at 3PM and they couldn’t locate my reservation and then disconnected me. I assume the reservation just didn’t show on their system yet, but with a voucher to present them from ACV, I should be fine. My question is has anyone had luck using this hotel as a stopover room rather than a traditional check in at 3PM, check out the next day room? I had assumed that being part of YYZ they would encounter this frequently, however, whoever answered the phone seemed totally clueless about that. Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:48 am

I would phone ACV with your question.
Get as much documentation in writing as possible.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:01 am

I would phone ACV with your question.
Get as much documentation in writing as possible.
I was finally able to get some help from Sheraton reservations. They were able to look up the reservation for me and gave me their reservation number so now I can pull it up on their website. I called the hotel back with the reservation number and spoke to someone else, and she said that checking in early should be no problem, so hopefully I am all set!
tcook052 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
This is my first experience using the AC stopover program, and I was hoping someone with experience can help me. I have a booking at the YYZ Sheraton Gateway terminal 3 as part of a connection through YYZ to FCO. I received a voucher from ACV which I am supposed to give to the hotel. On the voucher, it shows check in on one day with a check out the following day, however I am using the room as a day room (with an 11AM arrival and 9PM departure from YYZ). When I called the Sheraton, they said their check in is at 3PM and they couldn’t locate my reservation and then disconnected me. I assume the reservation just didn’t show on their system yet, but with a voucher to present them from ACV, I should be fine. My question is has anyone had luck using this hotel as a stopover room rather than a traditional check in at 3PM, check out the next day room? I had assumed that being part of YYZ they would encounter this frequently, however, whoever answered the phone seemed totally clueless about that. Thanks for your help!
I had a similar issue once. I arrived around 6am and departed around 5pm. When I got to the hotel, they said I was lucky they had space, as normally they wouldn't let me in until around 3pm. The stopover hotel program doesn't do a great job of these daytime connections, but it usually works out.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had a similar issue once. I arrived around 6am and departed around 5pm. When I got to the hotel, they said I was lucky they had space, as normally they wouldn't let me in until around 3pm. The stopover hotel program doesn't do a great job of these daytime connections, but it usually works out.
It usually works out timewise but I found on one occasion nobody knew anything about me when I arrived even though I had a voucher. I now always call the hotel in advance to make sure that I actually have a reservation. And make sure I have the actual voucher with me when I arrive. On the other hand I’ve also been given rooms in Vancouver which nobody in their right mind would stay in.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by lallied

It usually works out timewise but I found on one occasion nobody knew anything about me when I arrived even though I had a voucher. I now always call the hotel in advance to make sure that I actually have a reservation. And make sure I have the actual voucher with me when I arrive. On the other hand I’ve also been given rooms in Vancouver which nobody in their right mind would stay in.
Ok this is good to know - thanks! I booked into the Sheraton in Toronto as part of this program and took down all the info but never got an email, a confirmation number or anything after I booked it. Literally nothing.

When should I expect the voucher?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by YYCYYZ
Ok this is good to know - thanks! I booked into the Sheraton in Toronto as part of this program and took down all the info but never got an email, a confirmation number or anything after I booked it. Literally nothing.

I have received a confirmation immediately and then the voucher a few days before. If you have nothing then call them. I haven’t been impressed with this service. And, last time they tried to put me in a hotel which had reports of commercial transactions not usually seen in a decent hotel

Last edited by lallied; Feb 24, 2019 at 11:39 am
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I’m flying to PVR today from YEG via YVR. The PVR flight leaves at 6:15 so I was offered an overnight hotel at YVR (which I took). Unfortunately it’s not the Fairmont.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by YYCYYZ

I booked the Sheraton YYZ earlier this week. I received a confirmation email right after booking as well as a separate invoice email. The email said I would receive the voucher within 48 hours, but I did not. I emailed ACV and asked about the voucher and they sent it to me the next day. Once I received the voucher, I also called the Sheraton to confirm my reservation directly with them, and they provided me with their confirmation number so I was able to pull up the reservation on the Sheratons website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.