Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
The program is suspended due to Covid.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:29 pm

If you're connection was longer than 24 hours that would be a multi city itinerary.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../stopover.html

You’ll be offered the Air Canada Stopover option when you purchase a one-way or round-trip ticket (any fare) at aircanada.com or through your travel agent, provided:

The Air Canada Stopover option is not available for:
  • Multi-city itineraries
  • Bookings which include an open-jaw segment.
    • An open jaw segment is one in which you are either travelling to one city and continuing onward from another, or departing from one city but returning to another.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:41 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
It’s possible to get it with a multi city booking, under specific circumstances, which is prolly a loophole that hopefully won’t be closed
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by tracon
If you're connection was longer than 24 hours that would be a multi city itinerary.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../stopover.html
Ah yeah, I remember this webpage. Looking at the itinerary now, none of the connections were over 24 hours.

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
It’s possible to get it with a multi city booking, under specific circumstances, which is prolly a loophole that hopefully won’t be closed
Really! Pray tell (or PM), what are these circumstances?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:14 am

Since passengers aren't prohibited from leaving the airport, this program will be back soon?

Old Nov 7, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Since passengers aren't prohibited from leaving the airport, this program will be back soon?
They are? Last month I had an overnight stopover, left the secure area to check in to airport hotel and came back next morning...no idea how they would ever police this
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:18 pm

Last week I sent an e-mail asking when the program would be reinstated.
I would suggest others do the same.

[email protected]

No reply yet.
mjmqm likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Last week I sent an e-mail asking when the program would be reinstated.
I would suggest others do the same.

[email protected]

No reply yet.
Did you ever get a reply to this? Especially with things opening up more now, I wonder if there are imminent plans.
folkart likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:06 am

I sent a few emails.
Never got a response.
The web page still says you can't leave the airport.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
I've also just emailed them, since I cannot get from Los Cabos or Puerto Vallarta to the east coast without overnighting in Toronto or Montreal.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Does anybody have an update on this? I have a overnight in YVR at the end of July. I'm pretty sure I am allowed to leave the airport now. Somebody should tell Air Canada
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Does anybody have an update on this? I have a overnight in YVR at the end of July. I'm pretty sure I am allowed to leave the airport now. Somebody should tell Air Canada
Same here. I have an overnight in YYZ on Oct. 9. A stopover hotel would be nice. Or I need to collect some Marriott points...
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Air Canada 35K, Hilton HHonors Diamond; Marriot Gold; Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Same here. I have an overnight in YYZ on Oct. 9. A stopover hotel would be nice. Or I need to collect some Marriott points...
I have roughly a 27 hour layover at the beginning of June in YYZ ... and concert tickets for that evening... They better let me leave the airport.. =)
Old May 13, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: Altitude E50
My emailed question in early May: I have an overnight stopover on a X-Y-Z itinerary later this summer. Can you let me know if the Air Canada Stopover Program will be reinstated soon?

The response on 11 May: We thank you for your email. Please note the stopover program is discontinued and is no longer managed by Air Canada Vacations.

To me this sounds like the Air Canada Stopover Program is toast, though I can't be sure if the agent meant to say "suspended" instead of "discontinued".

Last edited by DrDogger; May 13, 2022 at 12:13 am Reason: sloppy cut/pasting
Old May 13, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by DrDogger
My emailed question in early May: I have an overnight stopover on a X-Y-Z itinerary later this summer. Can you let me know if the Air Canada Stopover Program will be reinstated soon?

The response on 11 May: We thank you for your email. Please note the stopover program is discontinued and is no longer managed by Air Canada Vacations.

To me this sounds like the Air Canada Stopover Program is toast, though I can't be sure if the agent meant to say "suspended" instead of "discontinued".
I sent a few emails to a few different addresses a few months ago. No response, even when I've had replies to another email since then from one of the addresses. I'm not holding my breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.