Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Air Canada Stopover Hotel Program [likely terminated as of early 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I did this last week...in J.

Hotels are 3 stars like Sheratons, Marriott... Free for J and Latitude and higher fares

No meals included. Interestingly I got point for my stay.

Must be booked on aircanada.com and opt in during the booking process and they strictly enforce the 96 hours prior to your trip: if you have not booked your hotel 96 hours before trip you are out of luck.

You can select the hotel option online based on what they have open in inventory ...but I had to cal Air Canada Vacations.. Expect a LONG wait.. Like an hour to get through... You need to call the following number and not the regular Air a Canada Vacation published number, other wise your hold time will be doubled. They don't tell you this number beforehand.

Air canada Vacation Stopover 1800-296-3408 press option2

They only have a few rooms in inventory for the hotel(s) and if those rooms are gone, you get no room and are on your own (even if the hotel still have rooms)..

Does not really work for last minute booking.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
I booked with Air Canada (J) and was then rouged. I called AC and they said this plan is also offered with rouge. I have been trying to book the room using the system online but it keeps giving me 'technical error'. I called AC Vacations (and yes waited forever) and the agent said it may be because the rooms have not been added to their inventory yet since I don't fly until end of Jan. I would have thought that AC would have made their deals with participating hotels well in advance. Guess not...or.. the agent didn't have the answer.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
I booked with Air Canada (J) and was then rouged. I called AC and they said this plan is also offered with rouge. I have been trying to book the room using the system online but it keeps giving me 'technical error'. I called AC Vacations (and yes waited forever) and the agent said it may be because the rooms have not been added to their inventory yet since I don't fly until end of Jan. I would have thought that AC would have made their deals with participating hotels well in advance. Guess not...or.. the agent didn't have the answer.
I maybe wrong, but flying AC Vacation does not give out rooms. I know I had problems with this in the past. Also, I believe the rules states that ticket must be lat. or flexible PE/J.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:36 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I maybe wrong, but flying AC Vacation does not give out rooms. I know I had problems with this in the past. Also, I believe the rules states that ticket must be lat. or flexible PE/J.
Available Rooms are free for PE/J and Lat customers... For all other fares you pay at a discount usually around $49-79 per night.

Must be booked on Ac.com not AC vacation..
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I did book J class with AC on aircanada.com not ACVacations. I have just got off the phone from ACV (after waiting 1 hour) and she said the code is in my file from AC to qualify for the rooms but she doesn't know why the system won't let me. She went to a supervisor and then said there is one agent that handles this and she isn't in until Monday so I have to wait. Not the best customer service, although the agent was pleasant.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by ACfly
Available Rooms are free for PE/J and Lat customers... For all other fares you pay at a discount usually around $49-79 per night.

Must be booked on Ac.com not AC vacation..
Thank you, Good to know.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
In YVR, I usually get assigned to the Holiday Inn beside the Mini dealership. My stopovers are usually only 5-6 hours in length, but good enough for a quick nap and shower.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:01 am

Got a call back from ACV. She said the reason I can't get into the booking system is because AC/ACV has put the hotels into their inventory. That should be done and rooms available by end of Sept. she said.
WPG J does not have to be flexible.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Can Air Canada Stopover Hotel Be Assigned to Fellow Traveller?

So happens traveling YVR - YUL on Sept 11, then to ICN next day, which makes me eligible for Free hotel Night with booking class I'm using (and just checked and rooms still available for me to book)

I live in Vancouver so prefer my bed than hotel for this quick stop enroute.

Have carefully read Air Canada Stopover terms and conditions and says nothing that I must use personally occupy the room, but assume hotel booking will be made in my name???

I have no need for this room, nor do I wish any compensation so if someone on a similar??? itinerary, or something, wants it, happy to assign.

but I suppose questions of liability comes up, and all sorts of things I haven't thought of - and the stopover Thread doesn't mention this availability.

thanks for your ideas, and if this works, 1st come, 1st serve (albeit your on the hook for liability and costs in the room, not me)
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skybluesea
So happens traveling YVR - YUL on Sept 11, then to ICN next day, which makes me eligible for Free hotel Night with booking class I'm using (and just checked and rooms still available for me to book)

I live in Vancouver so prefer my bed than hotel for this quick stop enroute.

Have carefully read Air Canada Stopover terms and conditions and says nothing that I must use personally occupy the room, but assume hotel booking will be made in my name???

I have no need for this room, nor do I wish any compensation so if someone on a similar??? itinerary, or something, wants it, happy to assign.

but I suppose questions of liability comes up, and all sorts of things I haven't thought of - and the stopover Thread doesn't mention this availability.

thanks for your ideas, and if this works, 1st come, 1st serve (albeit your on the hook for liability and costs in the room, not me)
Do you mean YVR-YUL or YUL to YVR, and then to ICN the next day? The hotel room seems to be at YVR.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: HH Silver
You will receive 2 emails:
■ One email will include your invoice. The second will include a voucher that you will need to print and present to the hotel, along with proper photo identification, upon check-in.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean YVR-YUL or YUL to YVR, and then to ICN the next day? The hotel room seems to be at YVR.
Finger Trouble, yes, YUL - YVR on Sept 11, then YVR - ICN on Sept 12
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tcook052
You will receive 2 emails:
■ One email will include your invoice. The second will include a voucher that you will need to print and present to the hotel, along with proper photo identification, upon check-in.
Yes, I understood this bit, but I live near the two available hotels, so happy to assist with hotel check-in. Still doesn't mean I must occupy room, and will depend on hotel policy so this is likely why AC website doesn't get into this detail.

As one of the hotels is Holiday Inn, and I'm Sphire Elite with IHG, I suppose I could even get an upgrade on the room, and a free drink for my fellow traveller if this works.

Thanks for the quick response, I will call the hotel tomorrow and ask what they say and report back.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Thanks for the quick response, I will call the hotel tomorrow and ask what they say and report back.
Let us know as it might help others later. And good luck!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:59 am

Air Canada stop over plan

The hotels offered at YYZ have been released for 2016 (for those who have been waiting).

Last edited by Northern Canuck; Oct 30, 2015 at 11:40 am Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.