Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the button holes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by D404
Definitely not. At least, I sure don't... nobody in the tech scene does, aside from consultants and some BigCorp emplyees.

Usually I get the "you don't look like you belong in J" look.
After working in the "Valley" as well as Vancouver and now in the heart of Big Corporate European Business - - The dress code of the Valley seems like a distance (almost unreal) past memory (although I still have my "box" that goes with me everywhere in my cupboard and it has an old CP513 tag to SFO plus the red priority paper tag). However -- I did learn to never judge someone by what they wear - so it does not surprise me that some of you don't wear a button. (On the plane - I admit I usually don't - - but it doesn't mean I don't miss it . . ).
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
What happened to the button holes?

I love those button holes!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Button-hole napkin update

Had some fantastic ones recently. They were really nice material/fabric and at least one of the dinners came with a fantastic navy tablecloth.

Apparently, it is possible to be classy - regardless of whether AC pax have found alternative methods.

Last edited by 24left; Sep 29, 2015 at 6:31 pm Reason: add word
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I flew on LO last month and the meal tray included a teeny tiny clothes peg for the napkin. Pretty neat. Anyhoo, I put it in my jacket pocket and now can't find it.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I flew on LO last month and the meal tray included a teeny tiny clothes peg for the napkin. Pretty neat. Anyhoo, I put it in my jacket pocket and now can't find it.
Thirty some years ago RG had these in Y.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Stranger
Thirty some years ago RG had these in Y.
...one can say some years ago, there were many nice things in Y
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Friday, March 4, 2016
Air Canada 150

When I unravelled the J napkin to extract the cutlery, I couldn't help but notice that the J napkin had a slighly different texture than recent J napkins.

So on a whim, I checked... and lo and behold there was button hole.
However, since Friday, I have not seen another button hole on a J napkin...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by bluenose77
Did I miss the memo?

I am three for three in the last five days...napkins with no button holes.

Did something happen? Am I the only guy that uses them when eating?
I have to admit that on few occasions I have cut the holes myself. I have always felt a little bad about it but:
1) I have been always in a crisp white shirt and "meeting ready" without extra time to get changed!
2) The food was each time high risk and I was too hungry to skip it!
3) I have been only cutting the smallest possible holes with the tip of the knife and really close to the corner, this way the napkins haven't been ruined.
4) I am always inspecting my napkin to see if somebody has cut the hole already or if by any chance I get again the same napkin I have had already cut in the past!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Friday, March 4, 2016
Air Canada 150

When I unravelled the J napkin to extract the cutlery, I couldn't help but notice that the J napkin had a slighly different texture than recent J napkins.

When I saw this topic active on the first page again, I thought "Aha! yyznomad must finally be back!"

Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
I have to admit that on few occasions I have cut the holes myself. I have always felt a little bad about it but:
1) I have been always in a crisp white shirt and "meeting ready" without extra time to get changed!
2) The food was each time high risk and I was too hungry to skip it!
3) I have been only cutting the smallest possible holes with the tip of the knife and really close to the corner, this way the napkins haven't been ruined.
4) I am always inspecting my napkin to see if somebody has cut the hole already or if by any chance I get again the same napkin I have had already cut in the past!
I think I've had one of your hand-cut napkins before! I wondered how that happened.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Friday, March 4, 2016
Air Canada 150

Oh be still my beating heart! Can you really be back, after all these years. You lovely polyester, cotton blend of wonderful white fabric. How I've missed you so.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
Oh be still my beating heart! Can you really be back, after all these years. You lovely polyester, cotton blend of wonderful white fabric. How I've missed you so.
Aside from the sarcasm, I was only gone about a month, but whatever.

Having said that, I have no plans to post frequently here like I used to. It's not fun anymore. I miss the good 'ol days where real FFers here contributed positively.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

Having said that, I have no plans to post frequently here like I used to. It's not fun anymore. I miss the good 'ol days where real FFers here contributed positively.
Just ignore them--some of us here appreciate those buttonholes
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:18 pm
Suspended

There are not many of us on this board but, like BB said, ignore the negative ninnies and play positive.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Anyone know what's going on with the linens? For a while it went to those plain white linens with the tag label sewn on the edge (cheaper to make)... and my last couple TCONs seem to have reverted to the linens with the AC roundel woven into the center (centre?). I only notice because it never gets placed with the roundel right-side-up facing me, or the tag on a consistent side... or a standard wrt to diagonal vs square orientation.

And no, I'm not on the ASD spectrum. But what I rest my drink on matters.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Still classy on AA the other day.
Wonder if they'll let me keep one to use on my AC flights.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.