Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the button holes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by payam81
Umm, it's a button hole in a napkin! I think it's pretty self explanatory. If some don't use/like it, it doesn't necessarily mean you're the 'minority' who cracked the code.
Really? Go back to start of this thread. There are many who have no clue what it's for.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Really? Go back to start of this thread. There are many who have no clue what it's for.
I'm trying to think of the last time I had a button to put in a hole. Probably a company holiday party last year.

I don't need a button hole :-P
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Going nowhere fast
I had a button hole on my napkin today (EWR to YVR). I hope they are back.
Miracle. You sure you were flying AC? We had some on BR last month.

These must be quite expensive. Surely AC god rid of them for that reason, during some cost cutting capaign, some eight or nine years ago?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Stranger
These must be quite expensive. Surely AC god rid of them for that reason, during some cost cutting capaign, some eight or nine years ago?
Because of this exorbitant cost, AC wanted to enhance service and charge an extra eUp for the button hole napkins. But AC IT couldn't handle the request so they just got rid of all the expensive button holes in the napkins instead.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:32 pm

Button holes in napkins

I have been furious about this for years. Wrote to Ravinescu and got no acknowledgement or reply. About 20 years ago the same thing happened and a lot of people complained and they brought them back. Doesnt seem to work now but it is such creeping meatballism to 'save' money on something so low cost. Part of general downgrade of Business Class.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm trying to think of the last time I had a button to put in a hole. Probably a company holiday party last year.

I don't need a button hole :-P
even golf shirts have two of them to use....
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by The Tsar
I have been furious about this for years. Wrote to Ravinescu and got no acknowledgement or reply. About 20 years ago the same thing happened and a lot of people complained and they brought them back. Doesnt seem to work now but it is such creeping meatballism to 'save' money on something so low cost. Part of general downgrade of Business Class.
as i noted above, just use your fork to get the hole started and use your knife to make it bigger.... the subsequent passenger who gets the same will thank you for it.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mkjr
as i noted above, just use your fork to get the hole started and use your knife to make it bigger.... the subsequent passenger who gets the same will thank you for it.
I'll have to try this next time...... BEFORE I try pouring my salad vinegrette
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mkjr
even golf shirts have two of them to use....
I haven't worn one of those in a year

T-shirts are king!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
BEFORE I try pouring my salad vinegrette
Talking vinagrette, anybody noticed they switched from French to Spanish?

Every bit as good but obviously signifiacntly cheaper.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
There was an airworthiness directive to sew up the holes during our downtime on night flights.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by The Tsar
Bwahahaha please tell me this is a joke. Is it even possible to be furious for years over any element of a napkin?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
After countless hours of frustration I've discovered a remarkable work-around. I tuck a corner into the collar of my shirt.

Not sure what's more sad, an entire thread devoted to this or that I just took the time to post to it...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by lowside67
Bwahahaha please tell me this is a joke. Is it even possible to be furious for years over any element of a napkin?
Not sure if this would make the cut for a David Letterman "Top 10" list - but it's right up there.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
and we can't bring box cutters or sharp knives on board to create our own holes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.