Search

What happened to the button holes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:03 pm

i was going to suggest poking two holes for the button holes :P
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: meh
Originally Posted by RCyyz
I suppose this is an issue that's ultimately been outsourced to the caterers who in turn outsource the linen to someone else, but it really would be nice to get buttonholes consistently.
Are the napkins provided to the caterers by AC? I noticed that mine today, complete with button hole, had a faint AC logo in the middle of it. Makes me think that AC is providing the inconsistent stock to the caterers. On the other hand, this could be one of fifty times today that I've been wrong.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by igloocoder
Are the napkins provided to the caterers by AC? I noticed that mine today, complete with button hole, had a faint AC logo in the middle of it. Makes me think that AC is providing the inconsistent stock to the caterers. On the other hand, this could be one of fifty times today that I've been wrong.
When AC abandoned the blue tablecloths and the sage napkins and switched to all white, there was a huge replacement requirement for white linen. I'm not privy to supplier issues, but presumably there is a combination of old stock and new stock circulating throughout the system. I'm sure the head honchos have taken note of your notice. Can't say with any certainty whether it was an oversight, a spec change, or just an interim supply.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Via 1 on the way back from downtown Montreal this past Friday. Button holes in the napkins, and I paid round trip less than what it would be Tango fare round trip.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
I was on LAX-YVR two weeks ago and button holes were present for me. Pleasant surprise as YVR-LAX had no button holes four days earlier.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had the button holes for both AC7 YYZ-YVR last month and AC64 YVR-YYZ last week.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Had the button holes for both AC7 YYZ-YVR last month and AC64 YVR-YYZ last week.
They gotta please the Exec First custs flying TPAC
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder who were the lucky ones to get our seats on the TPAC portions since our connections to/from those flights were on CX F (YVR-HKG-YVR).
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder who were the lucky ones to get our seats on the TPAC portions since our connections to/from those flights were on CX F (YVR-HKG-YVR).
Touche
Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Goldpassport Platinum, Avis Something, Hertz Gold
ouch!

Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by RCyyz
But perhaps us button-hole lovers are in the minority ...
Maybe. Or maybe those of you who knew what the hole was for are in the minority. Certain of us who just found out (and feel a little stoopid now) are feeling a deeper loss. Sometimes you don't know what you got 'til it's gone....
Old Sep 7, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite (Lifetime Titanium Elite)
I had a button hole on my napkin today (EWR to YVR). I hope they are back.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Going nowhere fast
I hope so. I am in the minority that know what it's for and I do miss it. Especially right after I spill on my shirt.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I hope so. I am in the minority that know what it's for and I do miss it. Especially right after I spill on my shirt.
Umm, it's a button hole in a napkin! I think it's pretty self explanatory. If some don't use/like it, it doesn't necessarily mean you're the 'minority' who cracked the code.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Originally Posted by Going nowhere fast
I agree^ I keep looking for it every time I fly in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.