Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the button holes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
and we can't bring box cutters or sharp knives on board to create our own holes.
Take the knife, slit at a 45 degree angle, watch your fingers. Voila! NOT!!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
After countless hours of frustration I've discovered a remarkable work-around. I tuck a corner into the collar of my shirt.

Not sure what's more sad, an entire thread devoted to this or that I just took the time to post to it...
but it is business class no...not white trash class at the local rib shack...

[maybe you just need to buy a shirt like this then.

http://www.portageonline.com/index.p...log&Itemid=551
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Haven't seen the button holes in like forever... sometimes the tablecloths are the napkins that have button holes!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:45 pm

Location: x-17 yr AC*SE100 1MM, now E50 Gold :(, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, Yadayadayada
That's great news! I really really have missed them for years now. Must be my coordination at 38,000 ft but I do find it hard to be 100% on connecting fork from plate to mouth. That's one area that 99% just isn't good enough.

'Back in the day' the button holes saved a hotel dry clean bill many times.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
From

Sept 13/ 13

Originally Posted by The Tsar
I have been furious about this for years. Wrote to Ravinescu and got no acknowledgement or reply. About 20 years ago the same thing happened and a lot of people complained and they brought them back. Doesnt seem to work now but it is such creeping meatballism to 'save' money on something so low cost. Part of general downgrade of Business Class.

Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
After countless hours of frustration I've discovered a remarkable work-around. I tuck a corner into the collar of my shirt.

Not sure what's more sad, an entire thread devoted to this or that I just took the time to post to it...

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Haven't seen the button holes in like forever... sometimes the tablecloths are the napkins that have button holes!

A while back, there was discussion regarding what happened to the cloth napkins with button holes in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rvice-142.html

I searched through some of the 38 pages and could not find the exact spot.

We know from the discussion, some people are tucking the napkin into their shirts, others are piercing the napkin with their forks to make a sort-of-button-hole.

I am reviving this button hole thread (LOL) as I promised a well-mannered FTer I would post a photo from a recent flight I took (on another airline)

(Yes, FWP. But one can still be classy )
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left

LH?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
LH?
BR still has them.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger
BR still has them.
24left hasn't flown BR...

I'm sure you're right but I didn't bother to check...Although I guess I could ask right now...<i'm not quite sure how to ask in Mandarin so maybe I won't>
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: Presto
I got me some of these for my inflight dopp kit: http://www.tidygrip.com/
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I am reviving this button hole thread (LOL) as I promised a well-mannered FTer I would post a photo from a recent flight I took (on another airline)

Classy - do you mean us pax, or AC?
It is puzzling as to why AC stopped having the button holes. I have my "technique" for using the napkin without tucking it into my shirt.

As we post in this thread, the RCHHMP is trying to lay charges against us - from the book of Self Righteousness.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Classy - do you mean us pax, or AC?
It is puzzling as to why AC stopped having the button holes. I have my "technique" for using the napkin without tucking it into my shirt.

As we post in this thread, the RCHHMP is trying to lay charges against us - from the book of Self Righteousness.

Ah, Nomad, there you are......

Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, Nomad, there you are......

"Where am I?", says this pissy-mannered FT-er I woke up this morning and asked myself that (again).
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Seriously AC - - It's been 5 years with no button holes!!! I think you're the only airline I fly which does not have them. I don't even think I've seen another airline without them in recent history. I'm sure it's been long enough to have renewed the linen stock. Can we get a new campaign to bring them back?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Am I the only one who only wears a button to weddings and funerals?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Am I the only one who only wears a button to weddings and funerals?
Definitely not. At least, I sure don't... nobody in the tech scene does, aside from consultants and some BigCorp emplyees.

Usually I get the "you don't look like you belong in J" look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.