Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:08 pm

just booked mini rtw next march. 1), YYZ-BRU-CDG 2), CDG-BKK-SYD. 3), SYD-SIN-TPE 4), TPE-YYZ. tax for two people is cad740. all in business class except SYD-SIN in economy.
one question: because most of the segments are in business class, can I use those airport or airline lounges ?
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by jamesxie63
just booked mini rtw next march. 1), YYZ-BRU-CDG 2), CDG-BKK-SYD. 3), SYD-SIN-TPE 4), TPE-YYZ. tax for two people is cad740. all in business class except SYD-SIN in economy.
one question: because most of the segments are in business class, can I use those airport or airline lounges ?
Yes, for every segment that you will travel in business class you can of course enjoy airline lounges at airports.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:47 am

thank you. my first segment is by Brussel air. so which lounge should I use plaza premium lounge or maple leaf lounge?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:30 pm

Hi, I am looking for Singapore inventory and at most I am able to find 2 J seats on Mel Sin and Sin -Mel route. If I book these flights, does SQ release more award space or is that it for those flights ?

Any related data points regarding Mel Singapore award space

I know for Thai they only release 2 at a time, not sure about SQ
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi all! My first post here on Flyertalk and hoping for some guidance. I am planning a mini RTW for my wife, infant and myself in business class for anytime in 2019. I have been reading and consuming as much information as possible, but I need some help! I am flying from YYZ and am completely flexible with dates travelled and/or my first positioning flight.

Must have:
-TYO (NRT/HND) as a stop
-As few layovers as possible as I am travelling with an infant

Issues:
-I can find direct flights through ANA's search (NH) from NRT-TPE, ORD-NRT, SEA-NRT, SFO-NRT but cannot find them through Aeroplan. Does this mean these flights are available for award travel, but cannot be booked through Aeroplan? Will calling in to Aeroplan make any difference in trying to book one of these flights?

What I’ve found:

-Good availability of TPE-YYZ flights for the way home so TPE would likely be my destination
-I cannot find any direct flights to get to NRT/HND from YYZ. Are these typically ever released?
-Can’t find any direct flights from any of the following hubs which I would make as a stopover: IAD, ORD, YUL, IAD, YVR to NRT. Found an AC direct flight through YVR: Do you guys think this is my best best? It would involve two AC flights YYZ-YVR (stop); YVR-NRT ($~450 in fees)

I am using Award.flights to help search through AC and NH for end of April/May 2019. Anything else that can help me in my search? Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for the help everyone!!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by babo
Hi all! My first post here on Flyertalk and hoping for some guidance. I am planning a mini RTW for my wife, infant and myself in business class for anytime in 2019. I have been reading and consuming as much information as possible, but I need some help! I am flying from YYZ and am completely flexible with dates travelled and/or my first positioning flight.

Must have:
-TYO (NRT/HND) as a stop

Issues:
-I can find direct flights through ANA's search (NH) from NRT-TPE, ORD-NRT, SEA-NRT, SFO-NRT but cannot find them through Aeroplan. Does this mean these flights are available for award travel, but cannot be booked through Aeroplan? Will calling in to Aeroplan make any difference in trying to book one of these flights?

What I’ve found:

-Good availability of TPE-YYZ flights for the way home so TPE would likely be my destination
-I cannot find any direct flights to get to NRT/HND from YYZ. Are these typically ever released?
-Can’t find any direct flights from any of the following hubs which I would make as a stopover: IAD, ORD, YUL, IAD, YVR to NRT. Found an AC direct flight through YVR: Do you guys think this is my best best? It would involve two AC flights YYZ-YVR (stop); YVR-NRT ($~450 in fees)

I am using Award.flights to help search through AC and NH for end of April/May 2019. Anything else that can help me in my search? Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for the help everyone!!
1. No, it has to be available via Aeroplan. Phone will yield no different results. Searching ANA for ANA only gives you inventory available to their memebers.
2. The AC flights as you are finding out will cost you dearly, for a sub-par product. How about Tokyo-TPE-YYZ on EVA?
3. HNL is also an option from Tokyo, and then onto North America
4. HND-TSA (instead of TPE) may also be an option
babo likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by rankourabu
1. No, it has to be available via Aeroplan. Phone will yield no different results. Searching ANA for ANA only gives you inventory available to their memebers.
ANA reward availability tool doesn't work for Aeroplan anymore? Since when?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by beep88
ANA reward availability tool doesn't work for Aeroplan anymore? Since when?
It still works fine, but for NH flights it often shows more availability than you can get thround Aeroplan since they make more seats available to their own members.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:29 pm

Must have:
-TYO (NRT/HND) as a stop

Issues:

What I’ve found:

NRT-TPE, HND-TPE, HND-TSA is a tough route to get direct award flight on, from my limited experience.

NH flights to TYO from North America, you'll have much better luck looking on any day of the week except for Friday/Saturdays. Not saying you won't find them on Fri/Sat, just much more likely, and easily found on other days of the week.
babo likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
2. The AC flights as you are finding out will cost you dearly, for a sub-par product. How about Tokyo-TPE-YYZ on EVA?
3. HNL is also an option from Tokyo, and then onto North America
4. HND-TSA (instead of TPE) may also be an option
Thanks for the info! My plan is Tokyo-TPE-YYZ on EVA on the way home. I'll look into a few different options including HND-HNL-YYZ and HND-TSA though. Cheers and I'll be sure to report back if I can find anything better than YYZ-YVR-HND.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
NRT-TPE, HND-TPE, HND-TSA is a tough route to get direct award flight on, from my limited experience.

NH flights to TYO from North America, you'll have much better luck looking on any day of the week except for Friday/Saturdays. Not saying you won't find them on Fri/Sat, just much more likely, and easily found on other days of the week.
I can't find any NH flights through Aeroplan when I search even though they are appearing on ANA's search. I'll give Expert Flyer a trial once I have a route in mind.

I've found a YYZ-HND direct flight with AC. Not great, but at least the fees are reasonable $280 (for 2) and allows me to do an additional stop in Asia which would help me get around my issue of finding a direct flight from HND-TPE/TSA. Are there any cities in Asia that I'm likely to find direct flights from HND and then to TPE? I'll start with the bigger places like HKG and ICN.

Really appreciate the help so far.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:35 pm

I can't find any NH flights through Aeroplan when I search even though they are appearing on ANA's search. I'll give Expert Flyer a trial once I have a route in mind.

I've found a YYZ-HND direct flight with AC. Not great, but at least the fees are reasonable $280 (for 2) and allows me to do an additional stop in Asia which would help me get around my issue of finding a direct flight from HND-TPE/TSA. Are there any cities in Asia that I'm likely to find direct flights from HND and then to TPE? I'll start with the bigger places like HKG and ICN.

Really appreciate the help so far.
ANA tool shows more NH flights available only to their own members. If it's not appearing on Aeroplan, you can't book it.

These are a few options to get to TPE from TYO that is consistently book-able from my observations:

TYO-ICN-TPE
TYO-PEK-TPE
TYO-PVG-TPE
babo likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Does the whole thing have to be cancelled for one flight change?

Lets say you have a great RTW set up and booked but you only want to change one of your flights to J or F (from Y or J, because you have been waiting on SQ or LH to open up!) does the agent have to cancel out the whole booking (and you risk losing your booking and all the hard work you have done) or can they change the one flight without putting the others at risk?

Cheers
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by aeroman380
Lets say you have a great RTW set up and booked but you only want to change one of your flights to J or F (from Y or J, because you have been waiting on SQ or LH to open up!) does the agent have to cancel out the whole booking (and you risk losing your booking and all the hard work you have done) or can they change the one flight without putting the others at risk?

Cheers
Movement upwards in a segment is free and no major changes needed as long as you’ve already paid the higher points cost on the other segments. So just phone in and be like XXX-YYY is now available in J or F, please upgrade, and they will do it for free - no charge required.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:07 pm

If I have booked an Aeroplan mini-RTW redemption, and there are changes to my outbound (flights cancelled) such that it causes involuntary changes, am I entitled to get the entire itinerary changed for free, including the inbound?

To make things more interesting, my desired changes to the inbound includes adding some extra flights for a stopover that I didn't take advantage of when I originally booked.

Also, not sure if it matters or not, but I have no AC segments in my itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.