Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:02 am

Didn't think Singapore even flew first to Australia any more, and good luck getting first class outside of Krisflyer
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Didn't think Singapore even flew first to Australia any more, and good luck getting first class outside of Krisflyer
Funny enough there is lots of availability in SQ F. Problem is that it's limited to CGK-SIN, a 1 hour flight.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Maybe someone else has a better solution to this.

I want to do JFK-FRA-ICN-BKK-SYD. Problem is it is 125 miles over mpm (allowable is 15965). One solution is to fly to MEL instead (not an issue as I'm going to visit both during the stopover), which has an allowable mpm of 16669. However, BKK-MEL on TG has no first class cabin, so each way would unfortunately need to be in J. Meanwhile there is plenty of F space if flying in and out of SYD.

Another solution (to avoid flying in J to MEL) would be to change the origin. I'm flexible in positioning where I start. Based on the wiki, starting in YHZ wouldn't help me because it'll take 800 miles to get to EWR/JFK due to bad availability of a direct flight to EWR. Any (creative) suggestions of ways to perhaps make this itinerary work?
try Bos-syd?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:24 pm

Aeroplan Newbie Questions

Hi all,

I'm very new to Aeroplan and want to try my hands on the mRTW for 75k in economy. I've been searching continuously and can't seem to locate all the flights I want at one time (Different ones would appear at different times). I have a few questions if you guys could kindly answer.

1. On some day, I see Swiss air available and on others there's nothing available. When I check united's award, it's showing Swiss availability. Is it possible that they could available through calling the agent?

2. This is the itinerary that I wanted, but couldn't gather all the flights at one time. Do you think it's a valid one? I don't have the MPM for DFW-HKG, but I'm guessing it's similar to the MPM for YYZ-HKG.

Wanted:
DFW-SFO-HND (Stopover 1)
HND-ICN
ICN-TPE
TPE-HKG (Destination)
HKG-ZRH (Stopover 2)
ZRH-EWR-DFW

Available:
DFW-SFO-HND (Stopover 1)
HND-ICN
ICN-HKG (Destination)
HKG-TPE
TPE-IST-ZRH (Stopoever 2)
ZRH-EWR-DFW

I think the "Wanted" itinerary has a higher chance of being valid. I'm really unsure of the "available" itinerary.

Thank you for your time.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
1. Yes

2. Unsure. Call and ask.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:37 pm

Can anyone confirm whether TG releases award space only at ~335 days?

I'm trying to build an itinerary which includes TG F, but if TG only releases at 335 days, then space on the other carriers may be gone.

What are my options? Would my only option be to book my entire trip right at T-355, and then pay the $100 change fee whenever TG opens up?
Old May 14, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Would my only option be to book my entire trip right at T-355, and then pay the $100 change fee whenever TG opens up?
$100 fee each way.
Old May 14, 2017, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
$100 fee each way.
Do I need to pay the $100 change fee for both ways of my RT itinerary or just the direction that I'm changing?
Old May 14, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Do I need to pay the $100 change fee for both ways of my RT itinerary or just the direction that I'm changing?
Just the direction you're changing.
Old May 14, 2017, 6:17 pm

Looking for some advice. Finally about to book my first Business class redemption flights for September but having a heck of a time finding a return route. It's not a mini-rtw but thought I ask here anyways. I have the flights onto Europe figured out but can't find anything on the way back . So far I have:
Sept.3 YYC-IAH Layover(E)
Sept.3 IAH-IST Destination(Y)
Sept.8 IST-CDG Stopover(Y)

I'm looking to come back anywhere between September 17-20. I just can't seem to find J class returning to US or Canada for those dates. I've tried several cities in Europe for coming back(don't really have a preference) to no luck. Hoping someone with expertise can suggest a way to get back home.
Thx

P.S. Also trying to avoid carriers with surcharges

Last edited by homeyG; May 14, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Old May 14, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by homeyG
Looking for some advice. Finally about to book my first Business class redemption flights for September but having a heck of a time finding a return route. It's not a mini-rtw but thought I ask here anyways. I have the flights onto Europe figured out but can't find anything on the way back . So far I have:
Sept.3 YYC-IAH Layover(E)
Sept.3 IAH-IST Destination(Y)
Sept.8 IST-CDG Stopover(Y)

I'm looking to come back anywhere between September 17-20. I just can't seem to find J class returning to US or Canada for those dates. I've tried several cities in Europe for coming back(don't really have a preference) to no luck. Hoping someone with expertise can suggest a way to get back home.
Thx
Can you reverse your order? IST-ORD is available on Sept 17/18.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Can you reverse your order? IST-ORD is available on Sept 17/18.
Yeah that is the one I noticed. Even IST-IAH is available but I thought you can't go back to a city you have visited?
Old May 14, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
I posted this is the newbie section but figured you smart people might be able to weigh in. Thanks much appreciated!

I am currently trying to book

JFK-icn-SYD STOP
SYD-BKK stop
BKK-ICN STOP-open JAW
HND-JFK

They are telling me I have to book the open jaw at the furthest destination which is garbage. Might there be another reason? Cuz I know you can do two stops same direction as I have booked that before. THanks!

I spoke with them regarding the terms and conditions "28.3. Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers."

I was told that the open jaw can only occur at the point of turnaround or the origin. I then asked the nice agent to let me speak with her supervisor who provided me his name and information. He was not the most professional in handling the situation as he stated it has been like this forever.

I brought my concerns up regarding the terminology stating that speaking and understanding English allows one to realize that "one open jaw is permitted in lieu of on of the two stopovers" can be interpreted as 1 stopover, 1 stopover w an open jaw, and 1 point of turnaround.

I was hoping someone here might know a bit more and be able to explain why either I am crazy or that this terminology in the terms and conditions is blatantly false and in my opinion cheating the customer out of a rightful booking.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
I posted this is the newbie section but figured you smart people might be able to weigh in. Thanks much appreciated!

I am currently trying to book

JFK-icn-SYD STOP
SYD-BKK stop

BKK-ICN STOP-open JAW
HND-JFK

They are telling me I have to book the open jaw at the furthest destination which is garbage. Might there be another reason? Cuz I know you can do two stops same direction as I have booked that before. THanks!

I spoke with them regarding the terms and conditions "28.3. Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers."

I was told that the open jaw can only occur at the point of turnaround or the origin. I then asked the nice agent to let me speak with her supervisor who provided me his name and information. He was not the most professional in handling the situation as he stated it has been like this forever.

I brought my concerns up regarding the terminology stating that speaking and understanding English allows one to realize that "one open jaw is permitted in lieu of on of the two stopovers" can be interpreted as 1 stopover, 1 stopover w an open jaw, and 1 point of turnaround.

I was hoping someone here might know a bit more and be able to explain why either I am crazy or that this terminology in the terms and conditions is blatantly false and in my opinion cheating the customer out of a rightful booking.
I'm pretty sure people have successfully booked the kind of trip you're talking about before, though many agents do enforce the "open jaw can only be at point of turnaround" rule, which I agree doesn't seem to actually exist and has no basis of being enforced. I would call back and speak to different agents, since people have been able to book it like this in the past.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by flyer05
Just the direction you're changing.
If itinerary is booked in F, and some legs are booked in J, do change fees apply if upgrading from J->F (no change in flight date/time).?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.