Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by KenHamer
If I didn't know better I might think there was a problem with on hold times.

But I think the more important question is why all these callers are causing the long wait times.
I think it's because of Canadian winter, and also the airports are causing it.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by KenHamer
If I didn't know better I might think there was a problem with on hold times.

But I think the more important question is why all these callers are causing the long wait times.
I can thing of a dozen things that the website and app cannot do that require agent support.

And a Priority Line will 45 min hold times is a misnomer to me.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:38 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I can thing of a dozen things that the website and app cannot do that require agent support.
So if people stop using the website and app call times should be signicicantly reduced.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PointWeasel

And a Priority Line will 45 min hold times is a misnomer to me.
A while back, I called the SE line, and it quoted something like 30 minute waits. I almost hung up. They picked up with 15 seconds.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
A while back, I called the SE line, and it quoted something like 30 minute waits. I almost hung up. They picked up with 15 seconds.
They don't tailor the automated messages to match the status of the pax calling in. It all goes to the same same. But you knew that already.

But being a relatively new E75K, I can tell you that there is a marked difference between that and S100K service levels... so a 30 minute wait for E50/E75 is not unusual.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
They don't tailor the automated messages to match the status of the pax calling in. It all goes to the same same. But you knew that already.

But being a relatively new E75K, I can tell you that there is a marked difference between that and S100K service levels... so a 30 minute wait for E50/E75 is not unusual.
Whoa, what happened? You didn't make SE and got dropped to 2MM status only?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Outside of changing a ticket, main reasons I call:
  • get a codeshared PNR
  • link two PNRs / split a PNR
  • cancel an upgrade
The first they've actually added to the web site itineraries now, which is great. The second might be a bit confusing to offer on the web site to non-FFs. The third I believe they don't do in case your original fare class isn't available, but they should just allow you do it if it is, and have you call in otherwise.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat

I called tonight, and am also a new E75K and I had zero wait and the agent answered “Super Elite 100K”
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyckerr

I called tonight, and am also a new E75K and I had zero wait and the agent answered “Super Elite 100K”
Sure, but my point was that longer waits for the lower levels is not uncommon; wasn't saying this happens all the time for us E75/E50K-ers.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Sure, but my point was that longer waits for the lower levels is not uncommon; wasn't saying this happens all the time for us E75/E50K-ers.
I was just surprised that I got access to that phone line!

Or was AC just teasing me like they like to do
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:07 am

Now I know why I have to wait sometimes. They let the SE agents talk to the commoners
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Memo to Michael Tremblay:

Instead of spending your time recording inane and redundant messages telling us something we already know (i.e. you haven't got enough people on duty to answer the number of calls coming in), why don't you spend your time hiring more people and anticipating the need as weather events are forecast?

Just waited 43 minutes on the E line. Agent put me on hold to check something then managed to disconnect !!!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:52 am

I was on hold for the concierge to move my flight due to a cancellation and weather waiver. After 10 minutes, I decided to try the online rebooking tool, which I assumed wouldn't work.

I was in Standard G, upgraded to R. The tool kept me in R even though the flight I wanted was only J1.

I guess I'm part of the problem with hold times, because I've just grown accustomed to the self-service tools not working.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Just waited another 40 minutes, same thing happened !
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Just waited another 40 minutes, same thing happened !
@Sopwith
Small bit of advice and likely too late but.....
Whenever I call either AC or Aeroplan and they have to put me on hold to check with someone else, their help desk or rates' department, I say, can you please take my number should we get disconnected. I sometimes do the same right at the start of a call. I assume they will be professional about it and call back. And I always ask for the agent's name..
Bohemian1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.