Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by jlisi984
The best strategy when traveling is to get Skype and free call the 1-800 number... Any hold time is OK - cause you browse the web and the call's free!
With Skype, you still pay the 2.1 cents/minute even for 1-800 numbers.
But still a reasonable expense - I remember I once called ( pre-Skype) from hotel in Indonesia
to Bell as my mobile wasn't working, and the charge was around $150 for
a 75 minute hold.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Thumbs up Thumbs up to AC!

Well folks, I just heard back regarding the complaint I wrote to AC customer service via snail mail. They sent a very apologetic letter back and mentioned they will be discussing this with the staffing people and that they will take steps to avoid such issues in future as much as possible.

At the end of the letter, the CS sent me a 5% discount code off the base fare for anything booked on AC website valid for a year. This is very much appreciated as I was just about to book a 5K worth mix of J and Y ticket so it shall save me at least $200 since it will only apply to base fare and yes, it makes up for all the delays and holds on the phone. I like that they mentioned this in no way is meant to replace my lost time, however just as a gesture of goodwill from AC to try to make up for the long hold times.

The nice thing is, I didn't even request any sort of compensation, my letter was worded as an FYI from a loyal customer to his favorite airline.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by payam81

The nice thing is, I didn't even request any sort of compensation, my letter was worded as an FYI from a loyal customer to his favorite airline.
Obviously that makes any complaint/comment so much more credible. The compensation game is way out of hand isn't it?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Obviously that makes any complaint/comment so much more credible. The compensation game is way out of hand isn't it?
I always send in compliments and the occasional complaint where it's due. I never expect compensation so it was a nice surprise. It's not the monetary benefit as 5% is not much depending on how you use it, however it's the gesture that counts.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:53 pm

Answer the god dam phone.

Im sick to death of calling for an upgrade.

Ive missed two upgrades this week as I can not sit on the phone to AC all day.

I can NOT DO FA to a flight pass booking; its driving me nuts iv had enough, calling waiting calling waiting calling waiting... Damm.

Every flight pass booking generates errors, its plain pathetic.

listening to the phone ad now flight pass are convenient blar blar my O they are.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by getaround

I can NOT DO FA to a flight pass booking; its driving me nuts iv had enough, calling waiting calling waiting calling waiting... Damm.
???

DO FA? What language is this?

Every flight pass booking generates errors, its plain pathetic.

listening to the phone ad now flight pass are convenient blar blar my O they are.
I just bought a pass; used two coupons. I used two passes in the past. Then none last year. Never had a problem. Always got upgrades on Latitude passes.

What gives?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
???

DO FA? What language is this?

I just bought a pass; used two coupons. I used two passes in the past. Then none last year. Never had a problem. Always got upgrades on Latitude passes.

What gives?
"DO FA' = I can't do Fk All.

I think the issue with my flight pass is that the booking class was changed on the pass and now I am never able ot make changes / can'x / request upgrade online, ascentally all I can do is make the initial booking anything else needs a call. This is a 30 pass business NA T+.

Ive scrapped my London pass's (Costs) & this is going as well I'm just plain sick to death of the issues with these errors messages.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:30 pm

Unreal.
Made the mistake of trying a flight on AC metal....

Had to contact them before my journey and waited 40 minutes.

Now enroute need their help, and of course, "hold time is estimated to be 30 minutes"

Might as well fly Spirit or Ryanair...seems to be the same approach.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Stil Waiting...

Found this thread while on hold...

It's a little past 5am local time in Toronto, and i've been on hold for 20 minutes. I'm located in Madrid and thought for sure there would be no issue calling at this hour. Guess I'll try again righ when I get into work tomorrow at 3am Toronto local time, this is ridiculous. I just need to assign a couple of seats for reservation not booked through AC!

Do they have a Spanish line?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E50K;HH Gold, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat, Prio Pass Marriott Bonvoy Plat, Avis President Club
I just called the number in back of my Elite card, I got answered within 2 minutes. An agent reserved some seats for me on a flight from YYZ - PEK easily and friendly. Do not call the number on the AC website.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: UA Plat
Wow

I haven't flown AC in years, but booked a United Code Share flight on AC metal today. Called AC to see about seat selection, and had a 30 minute hold time at 4PM. Hung up thinking that it was just a busy time. Called again at 11PM and still had a 30 minute hold time. Waited the full 30 minutes till someone answered. Is this what you AC folks go through every time you need to speak with reservations? *G seems to be of no use in this case.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:15 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I haven't flown AC in years, but booked a United Code Share flight on AC metal today. Called AC to see about seat selection, and had a 30 minute hold time at 4PM. Hung up thinking that it was just a busy time. Called again at 11PM and still had a 30 minute hold time. Waited the full 30 minutes till someone answered. Is this what you AC folks go through every time you need to speak with reservations? *G seems to be of no use in this case.
nope we have our special phone number to call, *G is no use in this case, this is one of the limited occasions that having status and dedicated lines is a real benefit and not an enhancement
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I usually try it the other way round, I'm an Aeroplan guy but try and get all flights on ABAC (anyone but Air Canada). To be honest though, its not normally this bad. Usually 10 mins
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

35:45 minutes per the counter on my phone just now at 10:00pm CST.

Insane!

to Aeroplan.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:11 am

I called last Thursday around 1PM MST. I had zero wait time to Air Canada. My method: Called the AE Elite line, asked them to patch me through to AC. I got a AC CSR right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.