Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
AC please don't make me wait on hold for 75 minutes (and counting) to pay you $90 x 2 for a prefered seat just because I didn't (couldn't!) book on aircanada.ca
So true.
What;s going on??

I'm in the same boat, Called at various times this week and give up after 30 minutes on hold.

I see absurd hold times are SOP for some time at AC.

Last edited by CloudsBelow; Sep 3, 2012 at 9:28 am
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by will5404
Elite line has given me 30-40 min waits the last 2 times I've called. The agents have been quick and efficient when I've gotten through though.

These agents are likely taking 60-100 calls a day if not more, I feel for them being understaffed.
Funny, when last time I suggested that they could avoid a lot of calls by fixing their online seat selection system (amongst other things), the agent replied by saying "it's good for us, gives us more work".

That doesn't sound like it's coming from an overworked, understaffed team...
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
55 mins to get through today for a schedule change on a flight. At least the agent rebooked me in Y class Now if R space opens up I might get an upgrade..
Old May 28, 2016, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Sorry to revive an old thread but I can see some things just never change... Same old brutal hold times, same old blaring hold music that must have been there for more than a decade now.

Called AC to fix a cancelled leg of a paid J long haul. Nearly on hold for 42 minutes... The issue itself was taken care of quickly. Wish they would at east give J customers priority like the FFPs.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: SE
Waited over 90 minutes this week to make a change.... Call dropped few minutes in. I wanted to cry!
Old May 28, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Spoonsie
Waited over 90 minutes this week to make a change.... Call dropped few minutes in. I wanted to cry!
Why does this keep coming up over and over.

Ben L said that the issue would be fixed by end of fourth quarter 2014.

And to some here, the words of AC reps are holy gospel.....
Old May 28, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Why does this keep coming up over and over.

Ben L said that the issue would be fixed by end of fourth quarter 2014.

And to some here, the words of AC reps are holy gospel.....
AC never said it was going to sustain.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Was directed to call AC from AC Vacations for a stopover hotel request. Only stayed on hold for 45 minutes after which I hung up without talking to anyone.

Call logs are useful. Goes in the file for damages. Oh Air Canada, you are making this so easy.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I needed a bereavement fare recently....didn't even call AC due to long hold times.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Gave up on hold since my issue was not super urgent. But, fascinated to hear executive responsible for all AC call centre operations worldwide give a "lovely" speech at beginning of call. Can no longer remember his name. Very soothing voice but didn't help in getting through
Old May 7, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Hold times creeping up yet again.

I am currently over 26 mins and holding on the Elite line.

An annoying non-bypassable message about the YYZ runway blah-blah and then...AC claiming they are the only TSA PreCheck approved foreign carrier operating flights to the US. Umm, I call BS.

TSA:
https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...s-and-seaborne

AeroMexico:
https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/tra...n/tsa-precheck

Etihad
https://www.ccra.com/wp-content/uplo...A-Precheck.pdf

Westjet
http://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/201...nclude-westjet
Old May 7, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...r-tsa-precheck
Old May 8, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Hold times creeping up yet again.

I am currently over 26 mins and holding on the Elite line.
lolz, just lolz.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I had an over 10 minute wait on the concierge line the other day and gave up.

Falling short of physically walking up to the concierge office at YYZ, I admit I felt a tad helpless. Some SEs have "insider" connections to AC, like crew or GAs or concierges doing favours for them, but I don't have those at my disposal. Heck, some even have direct access to Ben and Ben!
Old May 8, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I had an over 10 minute wait on the concierge line the other day and gave up.

Falling short of physically walking up to the concierge office at YYZ, I admit I felt a tad helpless. Some SEs have "insider" connections to AC, like crew or GAs or concierges doing favours for them, but I don't have those at my disposal. Heck, some even have direct access to Ben and Ben!
The last time I tried calling them it was just shy of 30 min before they picked up. They often don't return messages. I agree -- unless you go to the office in person, you are kind of SOL. And if that is the case, why bother with AC? If things go sideways and I have to figure it out for myself, I can do that with Concur and a credit card a lot faster (on any airline, including AC) than I can by calling the concierge. Meaning that it is no more inconvenient on DL or UA than AC if there is a schedule change or IRROPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.